[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20160621_135349.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4160) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160621_135349.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4160
just found this little cuck
I hate my pigeons like I hate my Jews, but I still feel responsible for his life.
How do I feed it, how do I keep it alive? Please help
>>
>>2151001

Literally bird seed and water.

Bread until you get bird seed.

Tiny bits of vegetables are highly recommended long term.

It will shit...a lot.

But pigeons are cool guys and won't bite your finger off so that's a bonus.
>>
>>2151003
But how do I feed it? It doesn't peck on its own
>>
Managed to make it drink but not eat.
What do
>>
This is a slow board, you will likely get your answer soon, or you can try calling a vet....Thanks for taking on a pigeonbro
>>
>>2151034
I tried stuffing a piece of bread in his face, failed to stick a feeding syringe in his beak, I mixed oats and water and bread in various proportions and I tried to feed it to him with spoon, syringe and some kind of bottle I made that simulates a bird's mouth. I tried with a toothpick and I tried small seeds.
None of these methods seemed to work, maybe I just didn't get it right, maybe I just needed to insist more, I don't know.
Any instructions are welcome.

Also this little shit doesn't seem hurt or ill, actually it gulped down water with a passion and whenever I put in on the ground he will jump happily left and right.
I found it on the road, there was no nest nor mother in sight.
>>
>>2151035

That is a fucking old bird.
That thing is gonna die no matter what you do, bruh.
Wow, that bird is fucking old.
>>
>>2151068
Nigga it's like weeks old
>>
>>2151068
How do you figure that?
>>
File: IMG_20160621_212346.jpg (2 MB, 3120x4208) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160621_212346.jpg
2 MB, 3120x4208
It went to sleep, he started shaking his head, I learned that means time to sleep. Here's his home
>>
>>2151258
Looks like you've got a new friend, anon
>>
>>2151259
B-But I hate pigeons, it can't be
>>
>>2151259
He still hasn't eaten though, it's been 12 hours and I haven't managed to feed him
>>
>>2151261
You already recognise its body language

It's meant to be
>>
>>2151265
Pidgeons can be timid. Leave it be with its food and maybe it will try some.
>>
File: IMG_20160621_214144.jpg (1 MB, 4208x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160621_214144.jpg
1 MB, 4208x3120
More of that comfy ass nigga
Is plain bread good? Should I leave cracker crumbs on a plate? Biscuits mixed with water? Parrot seeds?
>>
>>2151011
You can let the seed soften in water, then feed it. Might help.
>>
>>2151280
But am I supposed to make him fucking ingest the food? Should I prod the beak, the throat, the side of the mouth, using tweezers, a cotton fioc, my dick? Is there a trick that I'm supposed to know and use? Is there a correct way to do this that I'm not aware of?
>>
Stupid little cunt is still shaking his head. He's still not eating and now I can't even make him drink. What do
>>
>>2151261
You're like Billy Bob Thornton and pidgo is Halle Berry
>>
I know nothing of birds. But this thread is so funny oh my god.
>>
>>2151277
How the fuck is he supposed to sleep with the light on baka senpai
>>
>>2151765
I put a blanket made of that fluffy cotton/cellulose thing for medical use on his head, leaving just his lower back uncovered, now he's taking in heat from his ass and there's a soft thing covering him, you tell me if that ain't perfect mimicry of mama pigeon
>>
>>2151783
Wat? Give him a hide box away from lamp so at least he can die in peace.
>>
>>2151790
This. If he doesn't want to eat he's probably dying.
>>
>>2151265
Get bed seed or pigeon food. And don't get filler food. If he has enough strength to stand and hop around he should be able to eat. You may have to leave him alone. Give him a little bit of seed at first so you can tell if he ate anything.
>>
>>2151791
>This. If he doesn't want to eat he's probably dying.
What the hell does that mean?
To me it looks more like he's probably dying because it doesn't want to eat.
Why is that so though?
I tried literally everything I could find on the Internet, he didn't eat anything. At least he drank a short while after I found him.
Now he's been unresponsive for a while, barely manages to stand, eyes sunken, he's sure to die in a few hours so I left him in the park.
Why do all the birds I rescue fail to survive? How do cucks on youtube manage to feed them?
>>
>>2151001
here you dumb fuck
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+to+feed+Pigeons
>>
>>2151825
I did literally all the things in the first two pages already
>>
File: 1459816340365.png (39 KB, 633x973) Image search: [Google]
1459816340365.png
39 KB, 633x973
Fuck
Rest in rip you stupid faggot
I'll never forgive you for dying on me. Fuck everything
It always ends like this
Stupid Little Cunt
>>
This is so frantic and earnest. RIP pigeon bro, you almost taught a cynical anon to love again.
>>
>>2151869
Yet I couldn't keep him alive
Like always
FUCK me
Never again
>>
>>2151923
was probably dead before you took it in. humans are amazingly resilient while most animals if they get a good thump on the noggin seem fine for a few hours then die. Could have been injury with no visible symptoms, could have been illness/parasites, could have been a genetic dead end. Either way it wouldn't eat because it was in the final stages of shutting down.

A person can survive a severed limb if they stop the bleeding before they pass out from blood pressure drop. A bird can't survive much.
>>
>>2152000
you're dumb and wrong.
>>
>>2152017
great argument.
>>
File: 1465914907135.gif (3 MB, 263x300) Image search: [Google]
1465914907135.gif
3 MB, 263x300
>>2152019
Fight me.
>>
>>2152017
Salty seagull detected
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.