[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who wins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Alright bull hippo pissed off during mating season comes across Utah raptor drinking
>>
>>2150883 see >>2150741
>>
File: hippo_ep-2129rs.jpg (14 KB, 300x295) Image search: [Google]
hippo_ep-2129rs.jpg
14 KB, 300x295
>>2150883
Hippos are fast powerful, aggressive animals with a thick hide and a massive gapping set of choppers. Their tusks are massive and can chomp a massive Nile-croc (which is armored) in half.
>>
File: Utahraptor_scale.png (126 KB, 1920x875) Image search: [Google]
Utahraptor_scale.png
126 KB, 1920x875
>>2150883
I think that utahraptor size is outdated. Here is the actual size.
It's still pretty big.
>>
>>2150883
This is what can happen if the hippo's foe that was not killed flat-out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjVR6gbDVmE

Utahraptor would be destroyed.
>>
>>2150883
Dinofag here, utahraptor loses this fight
>>
Probably the raptor. Just because it could hop up on top of the hippo pretty easily, and then just stab/bite it until it bled out or whatever.

Hippos can't really do much about something hooked onto their back.
>>
>>2150883
Are those recent hippo videos legit?
>>
>>2150919
Rush into water and tear the thing apart.
>>
>>2150908
I know youre not supposed to intervene but putting that lion out of its misery was probably a better course of action than watching it die slowly and painfully.
>>
>>2150883
Is there even a creature alive that could consistently beat a hippo in a one-on-one?
>>
>>2151399
I think it depends on the location. Open sea (I know hippos don't live there but humor me) a large shark or predatory whale (orca) could get away with it. Maybe a rhino if they fought on flat plain, an elephant might do some damage as well. Tbqh hippos are biological tanks with a bad disposition, it's strange that they're not perceived as dangerous as they really are.
>>
I think the raptor would just run away.

>>2153056
I think it's because they look really goofy.
>>
>>2151399
Bull African elephant.
>>
>>2153084
This. They don't share the same "sharp" looks other more dangerous animals have, they just look very plain. They're fat and round. Not super intimidating to the untrained eye.
>>
>>2150883
>A big walking eagle vs a 100% beef monster
Gee I wonder
>>
>>2153229

Yeah but those wouldn't be fighting anyway. At most one is going to charge and the other will wander of at leisure.
>>
>>2150883
Why give the hippo the upper hand when it's going to win anyway?
>>
>>2151399
Orcas, probably a great white, elephants, probably white rhinos, and a polar bear could likely do it too if it knew to stay away from the mouth.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.