[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anybody tell what variation of betta fish this is? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: DSC_0013 2.jpg (256 KB, 2249x1800) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0013 2.jpg
256 KB, 2249x1800
Can anybody tell what variation of betta fish this is? It's a baby, and I'm pretty sure it's a crown tail.
>>
>>2150712
Bump
>>
>>2150712
Do you know what breed either of the parents are?
>>
>>2150734
nope. just bought it today at patco
>>
>>2150712
Stressed the fuck out. When they get horizontal stripes, they're freaking out. It is a female crown tail. You're not going to know her actual coloration until she calms down though. Give her something to hide in or behind and leave her in a dark place for a day or two.
>>
>>2150751
i agree looks like a lil female
>>
>>2150751
I just put her in the tank before I took the pic, so that's probably the source of the stress
>>
How much should I feed it? I know I only feed it everyother day, as I've had a betta before, but I've never had a baby. Should I feed it the regular amount, less?
>>
>>2150751

juveniles have the stripes too, it looks like a female crowntail, I used to breed halfmoons a couple of years back

>>2151254
What's the regular ammount for you?

Don't overfeed it, make sure water stays around 22-24ÂșC and she has a place to hide.
>>
>>2151267
The regular ammount is four pellets, and I fed it three today.

Also, what would you suggest for hiding places? I'm dangerously middle class, so I can't afford much.
>>
>>2151268

You don't need to buy anything expensive, a styrofoam cup cut in half works great, it'll even stimulate her to start building a bubble nest, artificial plants are your best bet for an underwater hideout, also since they won't contaminate the water and have need for maintenance.

Keep feeding her pellets and once every other week feed her one boiled pea cut in small pieces, dry food tends to cause constipation and give bettas swim bladder disease, a boiled pea works as a laxative and they seem to like it.

Also feed her daily once the stripes dissapear.
>>
>>2151275
The dude at the pet store said specifically to feed them everyither day. You sure anon? Also, I assume I should sterilize the cup before I put it in, right?
>>
>>2151281
*everyother
>>
>>2151281

Yeah, I used to breed bettas a few years ago, no longer doing it though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8nYx6X1QTk

The reason you feed her every other day is because while they're stressed out, they get sick easier and like I said, dry food causes constipation and new owners tend to overfeed them, but they need to be feed daily once they're out of the juvenile stage.

Mixing dry and live food is better for their health but you can feed them dry food all their lives, just make sure to make them fast for a day every once in a while to prevent constipation or give them the boiled pea.

I used to feed my fry daily
>>
>>2151293
How much should I feed her when I start feeding every day? Also, you didn't answer my question about the cup. If I kill it by putting a non-sterilized cup in its bowl, I will cry.
>>
>>2151298
>Sterilizing a styrofoam cup
How do you think it's going to knock up a betta?
>>
>>2151299
Idk. You have to sterilize the water.
>>
>>2151298
>>2151301

3-4 pellets, unless you're giving her mirco-pellets then they need more 8-10

Just clean the styrofoam with water, don't ever use soap, if you are too uneasy about giving her an infection soak the cup in 1 liter of water with 1 drop of methylene blue for 10 minutes but it really isn't necessary, and while we're at it, remember to go easy on the methylene blue when changing water, fish need their own healthy bacteria and using to much will kill it, so only make partial water changes, never full water change unless it gets sick.
>>
File: 1463880164269.jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1463880164269.jpg
25 KB, 400x300
>>2151304
Okay, my questions are over with. Thanks for the help anons!
>>
>>2151299
Those cups are hardcore Pedo-bestiphiles.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.