[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /an/ I'm taking care of a cat and he is doing thi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Hello /an/
I'm taking care of a cat and he is doing this weird thing where he gets on top of a blanket on the sofa, holds part of it in his mouth and "kneads" it.
At first he kneads it with just his front paws, but then his back paws get involved and his hips start shivering.
My partner thinks he's trying to have sex with it but I don't. He isn't grinding his crotch on it at all or anything.

TL;DR : is this biting / kneading anything to worry about? Should I stop him or let him do his thing?

https://youtu.be/kusNmLOf5N0
>>
>>2150650
I had a male cat who did this. He's humping the blanket.
>>
Humping the blanket.

Say no more.

Hide it.
>>
File: cats_mating.jpg (34 KB, 320x220) Image search: [Google]
cats_mating.jpg
34 KB, 320x220
>>2150650
Kittens knead their mother to induce milk production. This is not that. The biting is a dead giveaway. Biting the back of the neck is how toms keep a queen docile while mating. Your cat is humping the blanket.
>>
>>2150669
>>2150651
B-but his hips are up in the air and not making contact with it....

So okay he is humping it. Should I stop him?
>>
>>2150673
Only if you like that blanket.
>>
>>2150673
unless you're planning on getting the cat fixed, you have two options. Take the blanket away from him now and wash it. Or take it later and wash it anyway

either way there's already cat jizz on it.
>>
>>2150676
>either way there's already cat jizz on it.

Yeeeuugh....
So wait, I had assumed this guy was fixed. I even looked just now and his wiener wasn't out or anything. Is this sort of behaviour non-existent in fixed kitties?
Thanks for all the info by the way
>>
>>2150692
Fixing reduces sexual desire and hormone lvls but doesn't stop them completely.
>>
>>2150692
Humping can be a comfort thing for some cats. Same as some cats will always suckle if they are taken from their mother too soon.
>>
>>2150650
>My partner
>>
>>2150650
My female cat does this too. She does it only with her front paws, usually before sleeping on something.
>>
File: knead knead.gif (886 KB, 400x310) Image search: [Google]
knead knead.gif
886 KB, 400x310
>>2150968
That's just kneading.
>>
>>2150953
This. If there's not cat jizz it's probably just a habit, no need to stop him.
>>
Why do some cats start doing that weird thing with their tongue when you scratch their lower back? Like idk licking the air
>>
>>2150676
Neutering the cat won't stop the behavior. My cat did this despite being fixed. OP, maybe just try to train him to stop? Or replace it with a towel or something you don't care about.
>>
>>2150995
feelgood spot

its like the legkick thing dogs do when you scratch them just right.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.