[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bleeding baby robin wat do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: birb1.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
birb1.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
/an/ help plz

posting pix

idk if it broke it's leg or what, but i swabbed away blood and washed the injured area with betadine

advice on how to treat, whether to call animal services (they said they don't help songbirds)

also i'm not sure if this is a robin
>>
File: birb2.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
birb2.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
also should i feed it
>>
You *could* take it to a rehab center thingy, but that's pointless since it will probably die. So yeah, do whatever you want.
>>
File: birb3.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
birb3.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
>>2150595
tfw phone rotates images
>>
>>2150596
will it die no matter what I do or because they'll put it to sleep
>>
>>2150600
Try take it to a rehab center OP, even if it does die atleast you tried
>>
>>2150600
They'll put it to sleep because it has pretty much no odds of survival.

It also will probably die no matter what they do for it, so there's that too.
>>
File: birb4.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
birb4.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
>>2150607
>>2150608
ok my rehab center said i can't bring it until i talk to them over the phone (wtf) so i left them a message and am waiting now

thx
>>
File: color_marron.png (16 KB, 397x111) Image search: [Google]
color_marron.png
16 KB, 397x111
also the liquid is betadine btw it isnt bleeding that much
>>
>>2150616
You should feed it. It needs noutreins now as ever.
>>
>>2150659
the lady on the phone responded and told me not to feed it

she said i should have it euthanized tomorrow
>>
>>2150668
Aww. How bad of a state is it in? I guess it is easier to just kill it. Well, at least you tried. I remember I once found a sparrow, abandoned by parents (i waited like three hours, nobody showed up).
Took him in, force fed him every fucking hour. Next day he wanted to eat himself.
Went to school, came back, took him out of the cage.
My fucking cat barges in. I try to get him but it is too late. He died in like a minutÄ™. Didn't even let the cat eat him, burried the little guy. I still wonder why I didn't close the door all the way and of I could have that bird for a friend.
>>
>>2150674
i made a nest for it and hung it outside

a robin pulled up and chased a squirrel away so I think it might be #saved
>>
>>2150677
>Implying birds can set, cast, and fix broken legs.

It's going to be food for something. Don't worry about it, sport.
>>
>>2150677
That's great! I hope they take care of him. You did well. I'm proud of you anon.
What about the rehab? I guess if by tomorrow its dead it doesn't matter either way. I would leave it to the naturÄ™ tho.
Godspeed, little bird, godspeed.
>>
>>2150682
How many pigeons have I seen with fucked up legs. If it survives it will find a way.
>>
>>2150682
fug
i don't think it's leg is boken tho, i cleaned it up a bit and it moved it a bit when i relocated it to the nest

>>2150685
she said to call a different animal agency tomorrow (they're not open right now) and hey would come to my house and kill it or something

thanks for the help anons =]
>>
>>2150593
Kill it.
>>
>>2150688
Yeah. Take care.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.