[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cat safety
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: cat.jpg (18 KB, 380x255) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
18 KB, 380x255
my cat got in a fight. heard it could have gotten feline aids, thankfully it didnt.

ive been keeping my cat inside and he's dying to go out

heard about this guard thing that can keep your cat in and stray/neighbor cats out

one concern though

in the tree section in the link below. the guard prevents your cat from climbing up the tree, but couldnt the neighbor cat jump onto the tree if its tall enough and then jump off that into your yard?

http://catfencein.com/how-cat-fence-works/#
>>
>>2150082
It seems very unlikely. Cats are not squirrels.
>>
>>2150087
but if the tree is right by the fence, the guard thing attached on the tree trunk stops the cat from climbing the tree and escaping, but if the tree is tall enough the cat can jump from the fence onto the tree (if the tree is close to the fence) and then climb or jump down into the yard
>>
File: cat jump.png (15 KB, 366x433) Image search: [Google]
cat jump.png
15 KB, 366x433
>>2150113
So like this?

But yes the fence is supposed to work so that the cat doesn't want to try and jump down to the ground, over the fence. You're thinking that the cat would be still comfortable jumping onto the tree. I'm not so sure about that.
>>
>>2150133
yeah like that
i have a tree that rests up against the fence
should i just cut it down?
>>
>>2150384
I personally have never seen cat try to jump on a VERTICAL surface like that.

The site says the netting's top edge is over 2 feet (60cm) away, from a precarious jumping position of the fence top...

Maybe someone else has an opinion.
>>
>>2150410
that makes sense
thanks phampai
>>
>>2150133
and cute drawing too :)
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.