[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rescued stray kitten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: cat_2830677b.jpg (46 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
cat_2830677b.jpg
46 KB, 620x387
I live in Bangkok, found a kitten seconds away from being slaughtered by a bunch of stray dogs, so I stepped in.

I have a lifelong experience with cats, but I havent been in this situation before. What do?

At first it was terrified, running around the apartment meowing non-stop, looking for places to hide. Eventually calming down more and more. An hour later, its still meowing, but now purring a bunch as well, and wont go more than a meter from me. It drank a bit of water, but didnt want food. Its roughly 20 cm excluding the tail, but Im not sure how old thatd make it. At the moment it just wants to climb up my chest up to my face, whats up with that?

Anyone got tips?
>>
Bump 4 u
>>
>>2149502
It likes you. Roll with it fucker. At least you rescued yours before it got injured.
>>
>>2149502
Kittens are like children, they feel secure if they're with their parents.
>>
>>2149502
Let it go back and play with it's dog friends.
>>
What colour are the eyes? Milky pale blue?
>>
>>2149944
Forgot to add does it look kinda boss eyed like eyes looking outwards?
>>
Buy some of those meal replacement drinks like ensure or slim fast I'm a piece of shit and hope that you are not
>>
>>2149955
> giving your cat weight loss drinks instead of protein shakes

Enjoy your nogainz
>>
You're doing fine. Cats and kittens usually freak out in new environments, that's normal (consider: this may even be the first time it's ever been indoors). He likes you and is coming to you for comfort and interaction, which is a great sign.

Good on you for saving him. I don't know what vet care is offered in Bangkok, but he'll at least need to be dewormed. Enjoy your new cat bro.
>>
File: XSzsQV6.png (283 KB, 1570x709) Image search: [Google]
XSzsQV6.png
283 KB, 1570x709
Kitty got a good nights sleep under the covers of the bed inbetween me and gf. Seems much more comfortable, even though the meowing is still going strong.

>>2149944
>>2149946
Eyes are not kitten-blue, nor boss eyed. Looks normal. Going by this
>http://www.hartz.com/Cats/Hartz_Kitten/determing_the_age_of_your_orphan_kitten.aspx
Im guessing its somewhere around 6-7 weeks. Its very active and curious. Got it some wet catfood which it devoured, but it hasnt pissed or shat yet. Made a small litterbox, but Im guessing itll take a while before it gets the hang of it.

>>2149958
Pic related is end game
>>
Make sure to feed it mostly chicken and fish, I hear that makes their meat taste better when you decide to eat it you disgusting gook.
>>
>>2150015
I'd guess 6-8 weeks if it's not got kitten eyes. Get it a stuffed toy a bit bigger than itself and let it play with that like it would another kitten. It's sitting by your face because it likes your breath on it.
Apart from that it's pretty much a case of treating it like any normal kitten. Make sure you get it wormed ASAP because it will have worms.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.