[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did you come up with a name for your dog? I am having so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
How did you come up with a name for your dog?

I am having so much trouble picking out a name that I like
>>
Modified the dogs given name to make it two syllables, or looked through a list of two syllable names till I found one I liked.

You could always ask a board to name it.
>>
>>2149436
I'll have to look for a list like that

Having a board name him is more of a last resort to me
>>
I kept the name the rescues gave them.
>>
Yell at him till you find a word he responds to
>>
Watching sons of anarchy a few days after getting my pup, decided the name Jackson/Jax suits him. Not really named after the character but that's where I got the name from
>>
File: image.jpg (990 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
990 KB, 2448x2448
My first dog was named after the victory godess Nike, and we when we went to pick up My current dog there was a rainbow in the sky, so we named her Iris from the rainbow godess! Pic related, me and Iris!
>>
I used a random number generator(from 1-26) to pick the first letter of his name and then I built it up from there.
>>
>>2149433
I use my dog's name as the password on all my online accounts, so I call him R@w44!Klm*0.

It's kinda confusing but I change it every 3 months anyways.
>>
File: n5zXQws.jpg (115 KB, 500x749) Image search: [Google]
n5zXQws.jpg
115 KB, 500x749
>>2149433
make a cup of hot coco and go to a names site.
>>
>>2149577
Coco would be a nice name.
>>
I like to name them after cartoon characters or tv show characters. My corgi is names PeeWee Corgman.

I want to get a pair and name them Wilfred and Bear.
>>
>>2149579
Sheldon "Bazinga" Lastname
>>
>>2149551
your ring is too big for your finger
>>
>>2149581
why do people always make fun of the anorexic? Leave skeletor alone!
>>
>>2149433
For me, I have to see the animal first. At least usually.
>>
I can't come up with a name for my cats.

I just call them cat or fatty, depending on which one it is.s
>>
I usually have a proper name to start with, and then the nicknames that truly fit the pet's personality come later
>>
>>2149433
Go for roman dog names, they're cool
>>
We got pictures from our breeders from 4 weeks onwards and picked names that seemed to suit. We have their names then we have play names.
>>
>>2149433
Just use an RPG fantasy name generator and call your dog Worrfhaxx
>>
File: 20160618_082021.jpg (4 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160618_082021.jpg
4 MB, 4032x3024
The breeder I got my corgi from had his litter all named after cuts of meat. His name was Chuck before I got him and named him Bishop.

Bishop because I like Chess. If I get him a gf in a year or so I'll name her Rook.
>>
>>2149433
I just looked at her and it came to me as a joke and then it stuck. She was biting and playing with my jumper and I went to say "She's full of shit" but corrected it to Spirit last second so that's what she's called.
I've even met people, told them her name and they always seem to go "Well she's sure got a lot of it"
>>
>>2150186
Does it always generate Worrfhax?
>>
File: 1466188610534.jpg (26 KB, 428x640) Image search: [Google]
1466188610534.jpg
26 KB, 428x640
Don't have a dog but when I get one is gonna be named blade or tank
>>
I named mine Lucky, because he was a stray dog before and don't had an easy life on the Street. So I named him "Lucky", because he was very lucky to have finally a family and a save home.
>>
File: Doge.jpg (114 KB, 960x882) Image search: [Google]
Doge.jpg
114 KB, 960x882
>>2149433
Nefertari - because of her eyeliner which was even more pronounced before she went grey.

Just found out today she's got lymph cancer and has somewhere between 2 weeks and 3 months
>mfw
>>
>>2152779
sorry to hear about your pupper bro, im sure it had a good life
>>
All my dogs are named after Avengers.
>>
Scirvir - from Scirvir the Wanderer, since when we found him, his tags said he came from 20-30 miles away. The name comes from a game called Dark Souls.

We also named another stray we found from that game. Priscilla, the half-breed, since her coloring was very similar and she had one blue eye.
>>
>>2149433
I tend to go historical or mythical. Growing up we had a dog called Anastasia, after the princess. My current pet is Hades. Motherfucker wrecks everything in my apartment.
>>
My dog was named after a Girl Scout cookie because she was a girl and had the same colors of the cookie.
>>
>>2150229
is he a mix? i thought corgi muzzles are usually white, at least partially. like their little stumpers

either way i'm mad jelly and look forward to the day when i can get a corgi of my own. do you mind me asking how much you paid for yours?
>>
>>2149451
My boyfriend's family did this with a stray Chihuahua they found when he was young and ended up with Frito.
That was before his mom realized it was a mean dick and renamed it Snicklefritz.
>>
Tombstone had just come out back when my family got our first dog, and my dad loved the movie, so he named it Huckleberry Holiday

Ten years later when my sisters picked up a puppy on a whim, they decided if they gave it name to go with Huck our dad would be more open to keeping it, so they named the new one Wyatt

ever since then it's just been tradition to name them after characters from westerns.
>>
>>2150175
>We have their names then we have play names.
what does this mean
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.