[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Presents?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: cdpcparty.gif (572 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
cdpcparty.gif
572 KB, 640x400
Do you guys get presents "from" you dog or cat or rat or goldfish or other?
Do you give them presents when it's their birthday or on their adoption anniversary? Do you/they write their names on cards? Sign with a paw print or do you write with your left hand so it looks like its from them?
What do you think about those who do?
>>
I celebrate my pets' birthday usually just by getting them a new toy and a very special treat. Nothing too elaborate.
>>
the fuck are you talking about.
no. no, what? nonnononnonoo
disgusting
>>
Nothing wrong with getting a cool treat or new toy as an annual gift for a dog/cat, I'd always get a jumbone or some overpriced shit for my dog as a nice surprise on her birthday. Writing in cards etc... admittedly I included pets in birthday card credits when I was a little kid, or I would do a little drawing of them, but it's a little indefensible to do that as an adult. Now I just Photoshop and shoehorn my cat into meme Moonpig cards instead, which is arguably worse.
>>
I sign cards with my dogs name only to my parents because we joke about him being a replacement for my brother (we got the dog a few months after he moved out.) and yep, I celebrate my dogs birthday. Last year he got a raw steak and we spent a whole day at the beach
>>
My mom used to give me presents from my guinea pig on Christmas and birthdays. Even when I was a teenager. It was a cute joke imo. I always thought the idea of a silly ass guinea pig trying to manage money was funny.

When it's Christmas I give my pets something extra nice to eat or play with.
>>
Since infertility runs in my family pets are a big deal. All pets get Christmas presents. My aunt and one of my uncles never managed to have actual kids so their pets are their kids.

The aunt sends out Christmas cards from herself, her dog, and horse.

When my uncle was married he and his wife had a big birthday party for their dog which included 3 fun jumps among other things. It was ridiculous.

My brother is unmarried and I am purposfully childless so my dog and cat get spoiled by the family as the only "grandkids"
>>
I acknowledge their birthdays, but I never usually get them anything. This past Christmas, I got my cat a new toy to distract her from the tree (before our new place she'd never seen a Christmas tree, since we didn't have room at our old place).

I mostly just give them extra cuddles and attention in lieu of presents.
>>
File: sleeping pupperoo.jpg (300 KB, 1280x959) Image search: [Google]
sleeping pupperoo.jpg
300 KB, 1280x959
My doggo is turning 1 next month

I don't think I'll do the party hat and cake thing for her, but I might buy her a split antler and maybe take her to the lake for a couple hours
>>
>>2149527
Included with my white genes are genes for some genetic diseases that I don't particularly want to pass on like spinal muscular atrophy and mental illness if you couldn't tell from my "cousin dog" having 3 fucking fun jumps at his birthday when I've never even had a party with 1.
>>
>>2149309

Yup, just today I got a hoodie and a new top for Father's day. One from each of my fluffy woofters.

(I only have 4-legged children)
>>
Yeah, totally, OP. My goldfish bought me a 2010 Subaru Forester for my 24th birthday.
>>
>>2149518
Oh, I also used to get presents "from" my childhood cat for Christmas, birthdays, and mother's day
>>
I think this tends to happen more when the person can't or doesn't have kids

>>2149623
Really? Well I suppose you can't blame the goldfish for getting you a shitty chav car, it's just a goldfish, I'm sure they tried their best.
>>
My cat once left a headless bird on my bed.

Does that count?
>>
>>2149309
My cat will bring home a mouse occasionally, I think that he counts that as a gift. We usually get him a toy on Christmas, and we give him the weird parts of the turkey on thanksgiving. We don't know when his birthday is. Our puppy isn't a year old yet and we didn't have her during Christmas, but I'm sure we'll get her somethin on her birthday and Christmas
>>
>>2149340
What's the treat?
>>
File: IMG_20150728_055135542_HDR.jpg (454 KB, 1944x1458) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150728_055135542_HDR.jpg
454 KB, 1944x1458
This is my first dog as an adult, so he's very spoiled.

He gets/will get presents for christmas, his birthday, and his adoption day. like the other anon said--just a special treat and/or a toy.

adoption day's coming up. thinking of learning how to make dog-friendly cake instead of just getting him a special treat this year

it's just a fun thing to do. obviously it's more for me than the dog.
>>
File: 1465822136351.jpg (9 KB, 235x234) Image search: [Google]
1465822136351.jpg
9 KB, 235x234
>>2149537
Happy bday doggo
>>
>>2149309
I give my dog a new plush every time he wrecks his current one.
Never got a gift from him.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.