[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was holding our barred owl at a fundraiser earlier today,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: barred_owl.jpg (369 KB, 1716x2048) Image search: [Google]
barred_owl.jpg
369 KB, 1716x2048
So I was holding our barred owl at a fundraiser earlier today, and while I wasn't answering peoples questions, I discovered I really like the smell of her breath. Kind of an interesting smell, surprisingly not unpleasant at all considering the diet of dead rats and mice. That was literally all I could focus on in between talking to guests.

I don't know how to feel about this.
>>
Yeah, i always liked the smell of my cat's breath. It turned out that a few teeth were actually rotting. (She's got them pulled and doing well now.) It's bad enough i let my cat get to that state in the first place, but the thought that I enjoyed the smell...damn
>>
What's owning an owl like?
>>
>>2149210
Oh, she's not mine. I work at a rehab center, we do presentations for the public once in awhile.

But owls can vary, just like people. The one I mentioned, Lady, has a beautiful personality.
>>
>>2149190
>Falling in love with a Bird of Prey
I'm deeply sorry, anon. Perhaps in a more Just universe you would have been made more compatible with each other. Alas, it cannot be so.
>>
I've smelled many bird's breath before, kinda weird but i like it, reminds me of corn chips or something, depends on the bird.
I love to smell birds feathers, just take a nice big whiff of their neck or back. One of my birds either smells like brown sugar, potpourri, or... dust. I want to smell an owl, what does the owl smell like??
>>
>>2149348
He suffers from high-function autism and can't process empathy the way we do.
Your ablist attitude is really upsetting me and pretty much everyone else right now. Stop.
>>
>>2149190
Who cooks for it?

Maybe it just has a great diet
>>
>>2149382
>He
Get that disgusting binary language off this board
>>
>>2149210
It's a hoot
>>
File: PSX_20160604_193913.jpg (167 KB, 622x727) Image search: [Google]
PSX_20160604_193913.jpg
167 KB, 622x727
>>2150390
>>
File: 1461564549617.png (170 KB, 303x328) Image search: [Google]
1461564549617.png
170 KB, 303x328
>>2150390
>>
>>2149300
Oddly enough, it smelled a little like fish. Weird, considering she's never eaten fish in her life. Vaguely comparable to cat breath? I can't really accurately compare it to anything. I didn't get the chance to smell feathers, we have a strict no touching policy while in public. When we're behind closed doors however, petting is allowed.
>>
>>2150806
>strict no touching policy in public

Why is this? So other people don't expect to be able to touch?
>>
>>2150847
Exactly. Random people will walk up to you and without even asking, attempt to pet the bird on your glove. I prefer people not approach closer than four or five feet when I'm holding.
>>
>>2150876
How did you start working at the rehab center?
>>
>>2150901
I just called and asked if I could volunteer.
>>
>>2150806
budgie breath smells like fish sometimes despite not eating any
>>
>>2150390
Oh because of the sound they make! Hilarious!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.