[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many people would it take to kill a silverback gorilla with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Silverback-Gorilla-Wildlife.jpg (124 KB, 618x640) Image search: [Google]
Silverback-Gorilla-Wildlife.jpg
124 KB, 618x640
How many people would it take to kill a silverback gorilla with their bare hands.

Would any special hand-to-hand combat training make a difference?

Always wanted to know this. Seems like a good place to ask.
>>
I mean, have you seen their skulls?
Just punching the thing looks like it would fucking break your hand. Not to mention their sagittal crest could probably provide a bite force strong enough to rip most any part of the human anatomy off, barring the thickest parts.
Man, I think twenty people would still have a hard time. That gorilla would mow through your average niggas like steamroller.
>>
>>2149149
LINE combatives trained Marine here.

I could kill you in less than 3 seconds

It might take me a minute to kill a gorilla, but the mechanics are the same. If you don't understand what I'm doing you're going to die.
>>
>>2149161
How could you compensate for the Gorilla's immense strength though? Is it not a factor?
>>
A lot, probably. Gorillas are shit fighters, but are also large animals and could fuck up a person by just flailing their arms around or even just plowing into someone.

>>2149161
What can you even do that'd work well on a gorilla? I mean one person sure couldn't do it, but if it was preoccupied fucking someone else up, what would even work well on a large animal?
>>
One Brock Lesnar
>>
>>2149166
joint locks don't depend on strength.
LINE is based on joint locks and designed to kill.

it doesn't matter how strong the opponent is, if he's not trained to counter joint locks he will die very quickly. If he knows how to counter joint locks it will just take me a bit longer.

gorilla arm and shoulder joints work just like yours.
>>
>>2149177
If Planet of The Apes happens, remind me to meet up with you anon lol
>>
>>2149177
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LINE_(combat_system)
>>
>>2149181
any old-school Marine.
we drilled to kill.
>>
>>2149182
>(d.) proper execution of the techniques must cause death to the opponent
>>
>>2149177
>muhreens actually believe they can wrestle gorillas to death

That gorilla is going to club the shit out of your arrogant ass before your fight-or-flight neurons even fire, and you will die an agonizing death as he toys with your twisted, half-paralyzed body. Onlookers will appear horrified and disgusted on the surface, but will be quietly amused by your hubris.

In all seriousness though, joint locks are entirely dependent on strength. Any joint lock requires getting access to and then manipulating the targeted joint(s), which simply can't happen if the opponent is overwhelmingly stronger than you. When it's one-on-one combat between humans, that's almost never an issue and the shit works like it's supposed to. As for a gorilla, however, the muscles on whatever area you're targeting are easily able to resist any amount of force you are capable of exerting on them, no matter how much leverage you manage to get. LINE was some innovative shit, but it doesn't magically turn you invincible. That gorilla would snap you in half, and you aren't impressing anyone by pretending otherwise.
>>
>>2149161
Typical egotistical worthless military piece. That gorilla could poke you in the stomach and knock the wind out of you, there is no defense against a gorilla. He could backhand you 10 yards or more, slap your face off your skull, and snap any one of your limbs with barely an effort. The absolute only way i could twink of, and this is with mutiple men, or tens of men, would be to gouge its eyes out somehow then fuck it up while its disoriented.
>>
>>2149177
>it doesn't matter how strong the opponent is
Yes it fucking does. Maybe if it's a human, but it sure as fuck matters when you're talking about a fucking 400 pound gorilla. You aren't putting a gorilla in any sort of lock. As someone who is a zoologist, the gorilla is going to grab you, and do whatever the fuck it wants to. They don't know how to fight efficiently, but that's just bad news for you because it would just take longer to kill you.

Why are so many marines so insecure?
>B-but I can kill anything im a special marine xD
>>
Gorillas' strength comes not so much from their muscle mass, but from how and where their muscles attach to their skeletal structure. It makes certain motions much more "efficient" due to the leverage involved for gorillas than they are for humans, often at the expense of flexibility and fine motion. Outside of those few particular motions, gorillas are not remarkably strong compared to a large and fit human.

So, basically, they have a significant strength advantage, but it's not necessarily insurmountable due to its limited utility. Its similar to how a crocodile can muster a massive force when closing its jaws, but less so when opening them: a gorilla's power across all actions is not uniform.

Given sufficient knowledge of gorilla anatomy and how to exploit it, I believe a single particularly capable human could kill a gorilla with some sort of joint locks or choke. That isn't to say it would be easy, of course, but I think it could be done.
>>
>>2149366
lol you're delusional. a gorilla can rip trees apart with one arm. no human can kill a silverback..
>>
In a fight with no weapons or tools where each human is average/fit, you would need at least a dozen, and serveral would probably die or be horribly mauled in the process.
>>
>>2149366
How would a single human ever be able to get within reach of an aggressive silverback to get it in anything resembling a choke hold?

It can bitchslap you so hard your head caves in with little effort.
>>
>>2149366
they can weigh 400lbs, the fuck you mean their strength does not come from muscle mass.
>>
>>2149366
PROPORTIONALLY their strength comes from how their muscles attach. What you said would be true if the gorilla was a small one the same weight as a human, but adult gorillas (especially males) are much larger.

It's kind of like how humans are btter built for fighting than a cow, but a cow would fuck someone up because cows are fucking huge.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.