[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why have my dog's eyes swollen up like this? it happened
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: dogs eyes.jpg (495 KB, 1223x813) Image search: [Google]
dogs eyes.jpg
495 KB, 1223x813
Why have my dog's eyes swollen up like this? it happened over night. the left pic was her yesterday, the right pic is her now.
she is a shar pei and has mild entropion, but we give her an eye gel medication for it.
she's 9 months old. could it just be allergies?

>inb4 vet
she has a vet appointment for monday morning.
>>
poor doggie

Picture of you gently petting dog pls, I need to know she's loved
>>
>>2148734
Did she get into any human food? Especially anything in the onion family, such as garlic? If she did then this could be causing some serious problems with her thyroid, keep an eye on her if she gets worse.

In the meantime, call the vet office and ask to speak to an actual vet working on duty. Ask them if you can give your dog babies benadryl, you can give certain dogs low doses of it for serious allergy reactions, but the vet needs to tell you if sharpeis can have it, and how much.
>>
File: 13121.png (785 KB, 687x814) Image search: [Google]
13121.png
785 KB, 687x814
>>2148737
sry about fat hand
>>
>>2148741
no, we never give her human food. i suppose it's possible she got some when we weren't looking, but it's unlikely.
however she does occasionally chew/eat things she shouldn't, like plastic or paper. she hasn't very recently though.

i'll call and find out if i can give her some benadryl
>>
>>2148744
:C
>>
>>2148745
It's probably just a tiny bit of dust. They are prone to it and their eyes can swell up basically for "no reason".
Has anyone been smoking near her or has she been near a cat or rabbit? That's what set mine off.
>>
>>2148752
i do smoke, but i try not to do it around her. and she's never had a reaction like this since i've had her..
she hasn't been near any cats or rabbits
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shar_Pei_fever
>>
she cant stand looking at you anon
>>
update: i called the vet and they said they can get me in at 4pm today, so she won't have to wait until monday. hopefully all goes well.

also i don't think it's shar pei fever, swollen eyes aren't usually a symptom of it
>>
>>2148793
Oh good! I hope they can give her some relief :)
>>
OP here
just got back from the vet, she thinks it's allergies so she gave her an antihistamine shot and said to give her benadryl.
so we just have to keep an eye on her for the next few days to make sure it doesn't get worse
>>
>>2148734
Perfume allergy maybe?
All animals are SEVERELY allergic to perfume.
If you have a damn speck of it in your house, your animals will repeatedly misbehave and get sick.
>>
>>2148778
Go the fuck outside.
People who smoke or use air freshener in the same house as an animal are NOT WELCOME HERE.
>>
>>2148926
i usually smoke outside. i occasionally smoke in my bedroom where she rarely comes in.
>>
>>2148926
>>2148924
Ratman plz we thought you were gone for good
>>
>>2148955
Like 2 years I gave you to recover.
Amazed that you knew who I was from my crazy, but 100% accurate guess.
I couldn't do /b/ today, I'm still kicking though, you don't know what "stop" means after 11 years here.

I will never stop being angry about perfume. It is in my nature.
>>
>>2148744
Smoked 2 much dank weed
>>
File: 34523.jpg (350 KB, 825x656) Image search: [Google]
34523.jpg
350 KB, 825x656
Another update. the benadryl has been helping and the swelling is a lot better.
I think the reaction might have been due to mosquitos, since this is her first summer and thus her first time around them. i'll have to find some good pet bug spray.

i also notified her breeder, she was very surprised it happened because it hasn't happened to her dogs before. to make up for it she's offered us a free puppy if we ever want one which is nice.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.