[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cat mauled and eaten by lions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12
File: file.png (284 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
file.png
284 KB, 480x360
>Cat jumps into lion enclosure in zoo, gets hunted and ripped apart by lions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thYHQFZL82U

Part of me wants to say "This is how all the animals that are viscioucly hunted and then tormented to death by cats feel", the other part is pretty sad, just thinking about the pain of a cat, and watching it writhe in agony as the lions slowly pick it apart.

What do you guys think about this incident?
>>
Sick fucks, why didn't they just shoot the lion
>>
File: 7.jpg (262 KB, 990x659) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
262 KB, 990x659
shoulda kept it indoors
>>
>>2147838
It is painful to watch.

But so is seeing a cat toy around with a wounded bird.

It is nature.

Though admittedly the lions may be a bit at loss as to what to do with their prey, because of their zoo upbringing.
>>
Why didn't the cat run up a tree :(
Poor kitty
>>
Lion got a sweet little snacky

But really, when you see a cat mauling a bird apart, or playing with/tormenting a mouse, it's basically like this
>>
>>2147838
A bit gruesome, so the cat wandered in?
>>
Fuck this was me a while back

>Watching cat videos
>Get linked to watching lions/big cats acting like cats videos
>Really interesting
>Get a great idea, search up "Cat and lion playing"
>Watch a cute video of a lion cub becoming friends with a cat
>Sooo cute haha, let's see what else
>"Lion eats Cat" in related videos
>Click on it
>watch till 0:50
>felt completely sick to the stomach

It really fucked me up for a day, especially watching the cat lying down, trying to defend itself from the lions
>>
>>2147850
Yeah basically, cat wandered into a zoo, then into a lion enclosure
>>
>>2147853
Zoos shouldn't exist in huge cities
Too many feral cats

Though the cats huge advantage was it's ability to climb trees/walls. Unfortunately that's how it probably got in. In reality, a cat could save itself from a ferocious dog by running up a tree
>>
Fucking hell the cat is fucking alive while it has it's chest ripped open, and leg severed clean off
You can still see the cat moving it's head around and writhing in pain
Why don't cats/big cats just kill their prey, rather than fucking around with it
>>
>>2147853
for >>2147851
>>
File: file.png (114 KB, 468x425) Image search: [Google]
file.png
114 KB, 468x425
Why the fuck did I watch
Why the fuck did I watch
>>
>>2147860
Zoo lions don't know what to do.

Probably their tummies are already full, too.

I guess housecats have the same problem.
>>
>>2147864
This
as far as i know, lions are pretty ethical when it comes to killing, they only kill on an empty stomach, and just go for the kill
>>
>>2147865
Big cats generally go for the neck, ie strangulation or severing the spine. It's relatively good way to go considering the tools these carnivores have at their disposal.
>>
>>2147845
>It is nature.
it's nature when lions do it.

it's not when house-cats do it.

they're a domesticated species that isn't native to anywhere, not adapted to any area and doesn't play a single role in the ecosystem.

every single time a house-cat kills an animal it's damaging the ecosystem.
>>
>>2147856
>Too many feral cats
feral cats have negative value, it doesn't matter if they die.
>>
>>2147838
This is what house cats do to animals all the time. This is what lions do to animals all the time. Who cares?
>>
>>2147840
This. I am so triggered right now. #CatLivesMatter
>>
take it to the vet
>>
File: kill me already.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
kill me already.webm
3 MB, 800x450
reminds me of this
>>
>>2147845
This. Hard to watch but I guarantee the cat has done the exact same thing to hundreds of animals smaller than it. Shit happens.

>>2147875
Same can be said for the average 4chan poster.
>>
>>2147838
Fun fact.

Cats can either roar or purr, but not both.

The purrers broked off evolutionarily from the roarers some time in the past.

So we are seeing a collision between the two different behaviours of cats. The small, lone hunters and climbers that purr, and the big pack animals.

The purpose of roaring is pretty obviously territorial. But purring is thought to be usefull for healing broken bones. Small purring cats take less damage from falls due to their light weight and air resistance.
>>
File: dedpepe.jpg (2 KB, 129x97) Image search: [Google]
dedpepe.jpg
2 KB, 129x97
>>2147838
>when you want to play with the big kids.
>>
>>2147838

Why didn't someone shoot the lions?
>>
>>2147865
>implying ethics exist outside of humans
top kek. they just kill the way that's most efficient and safe for them.
>>
> uncivilized nigger tunisian lion

In the civilized country we get this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctarXVlDtXQ
>>
File: it rhymes.jpg (99 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
it rhymes.jpg
99 KB, 659x659
>>2147845
>It is nature.

I think you meant poetry
>>
>>2147838
holy shit that was hard to watch
poor cat alive during the whole ordeal
>>
>It's licking it!
>It's actually licking it!
>Wow look, it's licking it!
>It's licking it!
I know it's just a kid who doesn't know any better but I fucking hate kids.
>>
>>2148492
so edgy
>>
should of just shot the lion like they shot the gorrila a few weeks back
>>
>soft cunts getting triggered by completely natural and ordinary things
>implying that respect and love for nature isn't feeling the same way about cute cub shenanigans and lions pulling a baby out of the womb of a pregnant buffalo
>b-but muh Disney classic
The animated jew has successfully brainwashed you.
>>
>>2147893
Seems unnecessarily cruel
>>
>>2148515
>natural
nothing natural about the behavior of those degenerate (literaly, not as an insult) zoo lions
they have no idea what to do and just awkwardly mangle the cat
>>
The look of disgust on the lions and the people calmly commenting on the incident is what made the video.
>>
Nature is pretty brutal.
>>
>>2148526
>it's only natural when predator and prey reasonably agree to carry on the feeding, sign a legally binding contract and the prey is given a merciful death after stunning with gas
kekkity kek
>>
>>2147838
That wasn't all that bad. Lions kill other large cats that aren't familiar in their territory and leave them to rot. Lions are even known to chase aways scavengers from the carcass almost like leaving it as a warning sign to other large cats.

only reason you people feel bad at all is because, 1. Its smaller 2. Its a "domesticated" cat.

Other than for those two reasons you wouldn't give to shits. The cat was dead/unconscious after the lions ripped it apart, those movements were just involuntary responses the body has. You can clearly see the lions were more interested in figuring out what it was first rather than just to start eating it.
>>
>>2148567
That's not really what the anon was about.
>>
>>2148536
The look of "digust" is actually a common phenomenon among cats that smell something new or kind of "familiar" they will usually smell the item make a funny face then smell it again and then possibly lick it or try eat some of it. They do this with each others urine as well. Even domestic cats when they find an interesting new smell they will make a funny face usually with the mouth open partially.

https://youtu.be/0YezFh4-RMY
>>
>>2148567
when did i say anything about that faggot?
their behavior is completely unnatural and stunted/degenerated
you can observe natural behavior when it is not a mentaly stunted lion in the zoo
>>
>>2148506
Kitty was dead from the second it jumped in. Id rather 1 animal die than 2 or 3.
>>
>>2147838
>let your cats outside
>omg they died :(
What the fuck did you expect?
>>
>>2147838
One less cat fucking up the ecosystem. Nothing of value lost.
>>
>>2147890
Love this maymay. Much ebin
>>
>>2148505
>so edgy
Not really, he's borderline at best.
>>
>>2147842
Idiot. It was more than likely a feral that was born outside and never had an owner.
>>
>>2147838
It's a cat eat cat world out there.
>>
>>2147838
cool
>>
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 1224x1445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 1224x1445
>>2147856
>zoos shouldn't exist in cities because things that need to be killed might die
>>
>>2148644
Never said animals don't eat their prey alive. Lions very well start eating a buffalo as soon as it is unable to kick them.

But those lions are just confused and behave all over the place not even eating the cat.
>>
I hope no harm will come to the lions because of this.

No sympathy for outdoor cats, basically ecosystem ruining vermin.
>>
>>2148764
You have the emotional maturity of a child?
Cats are just animals with no morals or free will.
If you want to hate someone, hate humans who made cats into a blight.
>>
>>2148766
>If you want to hate someone
I never said I hated cats, I just don't have any objections towards their possible eradication.

>You have the emotional maturity of a child?

See pic.
>>
>>2148770
>no sympathy for the cat
it is being tormented horribly
>>
>>2148773
cats can't suffer.

so don't worry anon.
>>
>>2148774
Actually they can suffer pretty hard. This is a mammal after all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_by_number_of_neurons
>>
>It's licking it, trying to make it better
kek

Anyway, who cares? That cat probably regularly did this shit to other animals too.
>>
>>2148775
>they can suffer pretty hard.
cats aren't conscious.

they can't feel pain, so they can't suffer.

>This is a mammal after all.
this applies to all but an amount of mammals you can literally count on your fingers.
>>
>>2147911
>But purring is thought to be usefull for healing broken bones.
wat
>>
>>2148779
still this stupid meme
it is clear that every mammal and bird is conscious
>>
>>2148783
if there's no signs of it, it's not there.

your opinion is a meme.
>>
>>2148784
sign? they have all the neurochemical components that is associated with consciousness
they learn and demonstrate complex behavior
they react to pain, avoid people who hurt them

not being able to pick off a dot in a mirror is NOT meant to prove somethign is not conscious, it is a test for infant developement stages

besides self-recognition=/=consciousness
>>
>>2148789
Theres no point in arguing with someone on that. Those kind of people have a desperate need to believe they are special and the absolute unique pinnacle of life. They'll desperately cling to that no matter what.
>>
>>2148789
there are no neurochemical components associated with consciousness.

consciousness cannot be detected neurologically.
>they learn and demonstrate complex behavior
not a sign a consciousness.
>they react to pain
they react to nociception.
>avoid people who hurt them
nociception.

>not being able to pick off a dot in a mirror is NOT meant to prove somethign is not conscious
having a bunch of chemical compounts found in animals with demonstrated components of consciousness likewise doesn't make an animal conscious.

cats have zero signs of consciousness, they don't have it.

your opinion is a meme, a fad in 'science'
>>
>>2148795
descirbe what is a sign of consicousness?
also you assume that complex learned behavior can be separated from consciousness based on nothing
>>
>>2148794
Theres no point in arguing with someone on that. Those kind of people have a desperate need to believe they are equal and that all life exists in harmony. They'll desperately cling to that no matter what.
>>
>>2148797
>descirbe what is a sign of consicousness?
metacognition.
self-recognition.
>complex learned behavior
learning itself instinctive.
>>
>>2148800
consciousness is also instinctive
take that faggot
>>
File: 1449113215768.png (22 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
1449113215768.png
22 KB, 500x250
I swear to god if someone says "nociception" to me in real life I am punching them in the dick.
>>
>>2148805
there's nothing instinctive about consciousness.
>>
File: nic1.png (90 KB, 300x179) Image search: [Google]
nic1.png
90 KB, 300x179
>>2148807
>>
>>2148809
are you conscious voluntarily?
no?
then it is instinctive, just as emotion and learnign is
>>
>>2148807
You shouldn't. Despite all the bugguy hysteria, nociception isn't antithetical to pain. On the contrary, nociception is an absolutely crucial precondition for feeling pain. We all experience nociception. Without it, there'd be no pain at all.
>>
>>2148820
>are you conscious voluntarily
yes.

>just as emotion
emotion isn't instinctive.
>>
>>2148836
neither is learning it is literaly the opposite of instinct :^)
>>
>>2148840
learning itself is instinctive.

the behaviour resulting from it however is not.

:^')
>>
>>2148842
it is not instinctive any morethan consciousness itself, emotion, or having a spine is instinctive
instinct is behavior learning is not
>>
>>2148845
go home anon, you're drunk.
>>
>>2148659
See
>>2148650
>>
I'm glad those lions tore that feral cat apart, probably made their day. A+ enrichment.
>>
Why are people so stupid?In every animal video where something goes wrong their first reaction is to scream like retards.Now,I don't care about the cat,nature,but when a human is in danger yelling makes the situation much worse,so why are retards not understanding that?
Its like they haven't got any instinct at all
>>
>>2147898

Same can be said of any resource sucking parasite.
Doesn't make it wrong.
>>
>>2148516

>a primate caring about ethics
>>
>>2147838

The lions are fat, overfed and bored.

This is less about eating the cat and more about having fun with it.

Since when did humanity turn into such a bunch of pussies?

The meat you eat is treated worse than this.
>>
>>2149702

We have no instincts anymore. Literally from childhood we're taught how amazing we are.

Hence why a kid just jumps into a fucking gorilla enclosure, a dad plays with his kid in a fucking lagoon in a high alligator area...
>>
>>2149783

Yes, but coddled asshats don't have to see it.
>>
File: 1466047723400.jpg (29 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1466047723400.jpg
29 KB, 600x450
>>2148178
>slavs
>civilized
>>
>>2147838
why do they gotta play with their food like that

absolute savages. fucking nature senpai
>>
File: lion choke.jpg (56 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
lion choke.jpg
56 KB, 590x350
>>2147860
A wounded animal lashes out and is quite dangerous. The "toying" with wounded prey is to safely continue inflicting damage until the feline is sure it is dead.

If a cat performs the choking kill (pic related), then they won't "play" with the food as instinct assures them it is dead.

>>2148492
Lion tongues are rougher than sandpaper. they lick their food to remove fur and skin.

>>2149783
The feline hunting instinct is stronger than their drive for hunger. In other words, all felines will hunt and kill even when there is no desire to eat.
>>
>>2148536
>"We're not eating this because it tastes good, we're eating this to spite you."
>>
Why should they've shot the lions? It's just a cat. A stupid cat that wandered in the wrong place.
>>
fuck white people
>>
>>2148779
How many animals have you tortured, anon?
>>
>>2147838
>those screams
you'd think a human was being attacked. I hate the way women screech in this situations, they ruin liveleak videos
>>
>>2147874

>it's nature when lions do it.

>it's not when house-cats do it.

Both the zoo animals and housecats are brought up in environments where they dont need to hunt and arent taught to. Its in their biology. Thats nature.

>they're a domesticated species that isn't native to anywhere, not adapted to any area and doesn't play a single role in the ecosystem.

And?

>every single time a house-cat kills an animal it's damaging the ecosystem.

Im pretty sure the wilderness sees far more slaughter than your backyard. Never mind the fact that other animals could also kill your kitty too.
>>
>>2147838
Don't think about it.
>>
>>2152129
Get fucked you stupid nigger cunt
>>
>>2148659
Probably a feral cat born to domestic cats that were allowed to run amok, you mean.
>>
>>2148836

>>are you conscious voluntarily

>yes.

Lmfao ok, so nobody needs surgery for anesthesia. You can just will your consciousness away!
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.