[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What type of bird is this? He came into my house and has been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160616_185919.jpg (2 MB, 2400x3200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160616_185919.jpg
2 MB, 2400x3200
What type of bird is this? He came into my house and has been here for an hour, don't think he can fly and keeps getting sick.

What do I do?
>>
>>2147141
It's pigeon?
>>
>>2147141
Looks like a certain pigeon color morph. Does he sound like a pigeon?
>>
>>2147174
>Does he sound like a pigeon?

I wish I could say yes, but all it's done is make sounds like
>HWAK *wheeeeeze*....*wheeeeeeze* HWAK
>>
>>2147178
I'm such an asshole for laughing at that. RIP burb, probably swallowed something that punctured it's lung
>>
>>2147141
Try your masterball on it, then take it to the pokecenter.
>>
>>2147141
>dat flyswatter on the floor

How many times did you poke it OP? Be honest
>>
>>2147141
Looks like it has a band around its foot. Do people keep pigeons as pets where you are? Could have been someone's pet. Who knows.
>>
>>2147234

Yeah, I had to blow it up in windows. There's a pink band around its foot. I wonder if there's a database or something of ID numbers so you can find the owner. Anyone know?
>>
It's a racing pigeon. People raise them and then take them out far away and see how fast they can make it home, racing them with other people. The bands are so you can differentiate you're bus from other racers flocks. This guy must have gotten sick and lost, which happens. They don't all always maker it back, but it's amazing how quickly must do from dozens of miles away.
>>
That's a pretty birb. Please take birb into vet so it can be reunited with it's owner.
>>
Domestic pigeon.

Take it to a bird vet. Whatever is wrong might be curable.
>>
>>2147141
It's a pigeon, aka the cancer of the skies. Snap its neck
>>
>>2147247
http://www.pigeon.org/lostbirdinfo.htm

Here you go
>>
>>2147141
Did you know that pigeons shit so much in their own place and they're so filthy they will literally nest, walk, sleep in knee-deep lakes of rotting shit, to the point that it's completely normal for them to lose their feet to infections?
They literally simmer in shit until their feet are eaten out by it, the shit permeates in the sores and infects the local bloodstream, causing necrosis and ultimately leading to whole feet falling off.
That's why most pigeons will have stumps.
>tfw pigeons are the pooinloos of birds
>>
>>2147141
He matches your floor. Keep him.
>>
>>2148512
I was wondering why so many pigeons in London have gammy feet. They seem to function perfectly fine without them or with them half eaten away.
>>
File: 1452166829219.jpg (45 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1452166829219.jpg
45 KB, 620x670
>>2149889
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.