[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm such a stupid person I should kill myself she's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I'm such a stupid person I should kill myself she's gonna die and it's all my fault

She was perfectly healthy like a month ago 5 years old really big and had a fat tail and then I mated her and she was doing fine eggs we're developing nicely she stopped eating but I read that can happen when they're about to lay

Last night she was sitting upright in the laying box she looked fine this morning she was all limp and weak and I took her to the vet emergency clinic

Oh god /an/ what did I do she's gonna die and it's all my fault
>>
>>2147091
chill senpai. as long as she's at the vet she'll probably be fine.
>>
>>2147099
She looked so weak and helpless they said they have her in the incubator for emergency respiratory and she's alive for now I just can't imagine life without her
>>
>>2147107
Its gonna be okay anon. Breathe. Even if she does pass, sounds like she's had a pretty dope little life. Not many geckos have good owners sadly. Impulse pets...
>>
Thought this thread was about a real pet like a dog or something

Who cares, OP, it's just a stupid lizard you tricked yourself into believing you have an emotional connection with even though lizards aren't capable of that
>>
Relax mate. It's just a feeder animal in the first place. You did the best you could.
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f6b_1461719293
>>
>>2147123
fuck off. OP never said anything about a connection, he just loves his pet. stop being a cunt and have some sympathy.
>>
in the end it looks like /an/ are the ones who are incapable of emotions
>>
I'm so sorry OP :( I lost my first leopard gecko to cryptosporidium so I know the panic when your gecko stops eating... Hopefully yours pulls through. Sending you positive vibes in this difficult time
>>
>>2147091
Do you know the diagnosis yet? Eggbound?

My first leo died of mystery causes at age 2.5. I still have no idea what happened. Husbandry was good, heating regulated by thermostat, tile substrate, plenty of hides. One week he started spending a great deal of time in his moist hide. Regurgitated chitin from half a superworm. Stopped eating. Started hanging out exclusively on cool side. Day 7 of no eating i am getting worried. Day 8 (Friday) i decide i will take him to vet on Monday. Day he's up in the middle of the day looking very sluggish. Gapes a couple times like he can't breath then has a seizure. He was gone within a couple minutes. I thought maybe he had developed a respiratory infection from spending so much time in his moist hide. Post mortem inspection of his belly didn't show signs of impaction. One thing i noticed was his tail felt hard as a rock only minutes after death, too early for rigormortis.
>>
File: image.jpg (893 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
893 KB, 3264x2448
>>2147147
The doctor said could be a bacterial or parasite infection but other than that the don't know

Thanks /an/ons except people saying she's not a real pet shes ten times more important to me than a shitty cat or dog

She was so happy and healthy just a few days ago...
>>
>>2147176
Don't let other people put you down, just cause you are rightfully grieving over an animal that you cared for. I sincerely hope your gecko friend makes it.
>>
don't worry op, if you took her to a vet she'll be fine
please reconsider about having wild animals as pets
such animals tend to stress if they have too much contact with humans and that can be bad for their health
>>
>>2147091
She looks really cozy in that picture. I hope she is okay!
>>
File: 1453150266675.jpg (111 KB, 1022x589) Image search: [Google]
1453150266675.jpg
111 KB, 1022x589
>>2147127
>>
She died. Apparently she had parasites and I didn't even know. I want to die too. RIP Giggles

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zaGUr6wzyT8
>>
I'm so sorry Anon. It will not be easy now, but in some time you will only think about the good times and the good life she had. It's not your fault.
>>
>>2147321
Im so sorry about that anon
>>
>>2147321
I'm sorry to hear you lost your little buddy, anon.
>>
>>2147321
I'm sorry anon
>>
>>2147321
Sorry for your loss anon. You'll feel better with time.
>>
knochensack?
>>
>>2147321
Well, that sucks.
>>
>>2147123

Dude, people get emotional attachments to their cars and computers. Especially their phones. I've seen more tears spilled over phones than I have over pets. What the hell would possibly make a living creature inferior to a damn phone in terms of emotional bonding? Fucking 12 year olds. Take away that kids phone so he can cry about loss because that's all kids today get sad about. muh phone.
>>
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. You seem to care for the gecko greatly and that makes me think that you were good to her. I'm sure she had a great life, remember her fondly.
>>
File: 1446486970348.jpg (361 KB, 896x1594) Image search: [Google]
1446486970348.jpg
361 KB, 896x1594
So, now you know it wasn't your fault, at least. I wouldn't dwell too long about not catching it sooner. It's a lot harder to spot illness in small animals that aren't very animated to begin with.

I actually lost a snake to a prolapsed anus. It happened on a Thursday. I thought it was just pooping, so I ignored it. Friday, after the vet was closed, I saw it was still there, and then did my reading and applied the at-home treatment I could until the vets opened on Tuesday (of course, Monday is a holiday). Didn't go so well. That was an Emerald Tree Boa, and I later learned they are very prone to prolapses. The funny part was it only happened after he was probed at the vet on that same Thursday. The probe triggered a prolapse. It died because I tried to take care of it. That was some shit.

Anyway, things move on. Try again. Don't overthink fault. The picture is 4 crested gecko eggs. The two on the right are less than 48 hours old. I raised my geckos from babies to adults over the last 4 years, and these are their babies that we worked as a team to bring into the world. It's kind'a cool.

Things do turn around. Best of luck.
>>
File: image.jpg (668 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
668 KB, 3264x2448
>>2147438>>2147425
>>2147371
>>2147365
>>2147350
Thanks /an/ons. I wish I could have just gotten her to lay her eggs and have a healthy rest of her life. I'm sorry to hear about your emerald boa and I hope everything goes well with the gecko babies. Giggles was named in a get thread 5 years ago and now she is remembered here too it's fitting I think.
>>2147338
>>
>>2147463
Also inb4
>sand

yes I did learn not to use sand I took it out of her tank soon she didn't die from impaction lol
>>
File: respect-cod-620x350.jpg (48 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
respect-cod-620x350.jpg
48 KB, 620x350
>>2147091
>>2147321
>>2147463
R.I.P. in peace, Giggles. May the gecko afterlife be full of tasty bugs and sandless enclosures

F
>>
Giggles bby you deserve dubs
>>
>>2147123
0/8
That's low m8
Even for you
>>
>>2147505

F
>>
hahaha lmao.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.