[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't guinea pigs ever bite? They're probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: cavia.jpg (196 KB, 344x387) Image search: [Google]
cavia.jpg
196 KB, 344x387
Why don't guinea pigs ever bite?

They're probably the most beta animals that have ever existed.
>>
>>2146754
Like I tell all the idiots who ask me about animals, If it has a mouth it can bite. You're just to much of a pussy to get your hand that close to it's mouth.
>>
>>2146766
I've had dozens of guinea pigs as a kid, always put my fingers in their mouths and they never bit me.
Chill with the insults, internet tough guy.
>>
>>2146769
Not tough guy, just not dumb like people who are like "It has teef, can it bite?" I hate stupid people who can't comprehend that a mouth with teeth can bite.
>>
>>2146769
Also, I'm not disagreeing they are beta. They make great snake food.
>>
>>2146766
>>2146769
>>2146775
this is what autism looks like
>>
>>2146754
It depends on the guinea pig. One of mine has never bitten me but the other nips at my hand if I make sudden movements by her.
>>
I was thinking of farming some guinea pigs for meat, like you do with rabbits.
>>
>>2146885
I've heard they taste alright
>>
Mine is like a snapping turtle, he loves biting. Sometimes he holds the skin and pulls hard, then eats whatever skin hes managed to pull off. Imo they are rather vicious creatures.
>>
>>2146766
This.

I have been bit by a Guinea pig, though it was my fault (stuck my hand in its igloo to try to get it), but it didn't hurt as bad as a hamster bite.

I work at a pet store, and customers always ask about every animal "do they bite?" My response: everything is capable of biting, but Guinea pigs are less likely to bite.
>>
>>2146754
I remember my guinea having some spots she really disliked being petted. So if I did anyway she would nip at me but never at full force biting me
>>
>>2146754
Squeak, squeak, squeak, cluck, cluck, cluck
>>
>>2147734
:3
>>
I got bitten by a friend's guinea pig once. Dunno why, don't think I did anything and she'd never done it before.
>>
The guineas I had years ago didn't bite very often but it did happen a few times. Once I think was because I was accidentally dangling him and he wanted to be put down. Another time my two pigs were fighting viciously and I put my hands in between them to break up the fight. They both went apeshit on me and bit the fuck out of my hands. Piggies are really kind animals though. As long as you don't do anything they find painful like dangling they aren't likely to bite.
>>
I've been bit a few times. Generally you have to keep doing something they're telling you they don't like. If you don't get the message they might nip you.
>>
>>2147734
>squeak squeak squeak
>a LoL player two time zones over opens his plastic bag of Doritos
>WEEE WEEEEEEEE WEEEEEEE WEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

ftfy
>>
Got a chunk chomped out of me by one and it was the worst rodent bite I ever had. In his defense, he got stuck somewhere and was freaking out so it happened while I was pulling his dumb ass out.
Such stupid fucking creatures.
>>
>>2149111
This. But the trilling when you pet them is pretty darn cute.
>>
>>2149111
Kek yeah they're pretty sensitive to certain noises associating it with getting food
With my guineas it was often the fence or some plastic bag
>>
>>2149227

>brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr~
>>
But they do bite, I had one pierce right through my fingernail

Those little passive aggressive fuckers
>>
File: horse bite.jpg (63 KB, 1138x588) Image search: [Google]
horse bite.jpg
63 KB, 1138x588
>>2146754
Same reason other domestic animals rarely do, although totally can: they have been bred not to. Part of the whole 'domestication' thing. When was the last time a sheep bit you?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.