[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nana tank
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Red_shrimpy.jpg (115 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Red_shrimpy.jpg
115 KB, 1024x768
So I have a nana aquarium with some red shrimps and 3 NeonTetra. But I'm still in search of a bottom dweller. That will clean the tank a bit. Does anyone know of some small fish that goed with these?
>>
>>2146181
Unsure about fish, but have you thought about snails, like a nerite?
>>
>>2146183
Yeah, but do they leave a trail on the glass? And I had snails when I was younger with gold fish, but those are a bit big for this tank.
>>
Shrimp are detritivores you don't need a bottom dwelling fish. I would get a few more neon tetras.
>>
>>2146193
Well I do feed the shrimps but I think I did too much, because now there are small white patches of left over food. Now they just eat the plant/ algea. And more neon tetras or shrimps?
>>
Siphon out the excess food and start feeding less. Neon tetras prefer to be in groups of six or more, get two or three more before you consider adding another species.

What size is the tank? Is it cycled?
>>
>>2146181
Get a few plecos their great little guys and they can get pretty big too. They also eat a lot of algae no matter where it is. I had one of my plecos eat algae off my snails a few times now.
>>
>"nana" tank
>no one says anything about this
>>
File: tank.jpg (17 KB, 304x304) Image search: [Google]
tank.jpg
17 KB, 304x304
>>2146224
>plecos
It's a Yamato 20l tank.
>>
>>2146268
That's perfect, get a pleco. Their small and grow pretty slow. Plus if it gets too large. You can easily sell it because many people want large plecos
>>
>>2146268
>>2146304
Wait wait, I thought it said 20 Gallon, not liters. My bad..

Get some ammo shrimps. Or a few nerite snails. Or both.

I wouldn't get any fish because most of the bottom feeders will get pretty big, you may check out Otto catfish they might fit well
>>
>>2146322
Someone told me to get oa panda garra, but not sure how big they get. In the fishshop they said the Hillstream Loach is a good option but it needs something like fisheggs as extra food.
>>
>>2146304
>>2146322
>>2146268
>>2146224
Don't get a pleco, they start off fine but get old and lazy. Get a rubber lips for something that small.
>>
Also since we talking about plecos, don't get aquarium salts if you want to put any type of pleco or cory cat in. It can kill them in even low-moderate doses.
>>
>>2146268
I would return the tetras and make it a shrimp only tank then.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.