[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm starting a new fish tank. Freshwater. 15 gallons. It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: ghost-shrimp-carrying-eggs.jpg (134 KB, 825x510) Image search: [Google]
ghost-shrimp-carrying-eggs.jpg
134 KB, 825x510
I'm starting a new fish tank. Freshwater. 15 gallons. It will be full of plants and around 75 degrees Fahrenheit. I plan to stock it with glass shrimp and glass catfish, and a few snails.

The theme is going to be undead with these see through skeletal fish. I just wanted to know if anybody could think of other things to put in this tank? Besides the catfish and ghost shrimps I have nothing that fits the bill.
>>
>>2145582
http://www.petsmart.com/fish/live-fish/red-belly-x-ray-tetra-zid36-15295/cat-36-catid-300004?var_id=36-15295

http://www.petsmart.com/fish/live-fish/ghost-catfish-zid36-15259/cat-36-catid-300004?var_id=36-15259
>>
>>2145584
Oh cool I didn't even see those tetras, thanks!
>>
>>2145582
Glass catfish are kind of pansies, so be mindful when choosing tankmates. Give them plenty of cover and keep an eye on your water parameters too.
>>
File: 20500010[1].jpg (56 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
20500010[1].jpg
56 KB, 500x333
>finally get my friend's 30 gal tank
>ok, time to post on /an/ for ideas for my spooky aquarium
>someone's already done it
>>
>>2145582
Blushing long-finned white skirt tetra, Indian glassy fish, albino glowlight tetra, pristella/x-ray tetra, white albino swordtail, pygmy hatchetfish, Amano shrimp....
Obviously not all at once, but there are some ideas.

Pic related is a cellophane koi betta. If there were ever a fish that looked like it's been to the seventh circle of hell and back, this is it.
>>
>>2146578
Well if it makes you feel better. My first idea was to get all the dark red/satanic looking fish I could find. With black gravel and red LEDs. Because the other tanks white gravel and angel fish would be funny together
>>
>>2146611
How hard would it be to go about finding something like that?
>>2146656
That is pretty funny
>>
>>2146657
>How hard would it be to go about finding something like that?
Aquabid is the only place I know of you might be able to check. It's the kind of betta that would probably sell for $50-70. Also notice that that picture is rather badly photo shopped.

>>2145582
Glass catfish get rather large for a 15 gallon. IME they're also really fragile fish that don't tolerate dirty water or changes in parameters very well. You'd probably be best off passing on them for something else. Glass bloodfin tetra is another one you can look into.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.