[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/herp/ Reptile & Amphibian General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89
File: Inflated-common-toad.jpg (71 KB, 650x436) Image search: [Google]
Inflated-common-toad.jpg
71 KB, 650x436
-toad edition-

old thread >>2134385

/herp/ reptile classifieds for finding breeders of various scaled and sundry creatures

>kingsnake.com
>faunaclassifieds.com
>reptilescanada.com (Canadian breeders)
>Also check to see if there are any annual reptile shows/expos in your area as these are good places to find good animals from good breeders at partial discount

/herp/ officially official all purpose care sheet of wonder and magic

>sand a shit
>use a thermostat
>read all the caresheets
>set up your tank before you get your herp
>regulate temps & humidity levels prior to herp arrival
>do not fuck with (handle) your herp for at least 7 days after bringing it home and ideally wait until herp has eaten at least one meal (for snakes), two meals for lizards, frogs, etc.
>PVC tanks are way better for most applications and worth the extra money
>it is best to avoid chain pet stores when looking to purchase live animals as mass breeder suppliers are not especially careful about health and sound genetics... it often saves you money long term to spend a little extra up front to get a healthy animal
>>
How screwed over are the frogs in terms of changing environments.
>>
File: toad6.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
toad6.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>>
>>2145266

depends on the species and native habitat. it ranges from not much to some. highly specific answers i know.
>>
File: grumpybounding.jpg (30 KB, 631x420) Image search: [Google]
grumpybounding.jpg
30 KB, 631x420
>>
File: beakedtoad.jpg (30 KB, 639x426) Image search: [Google]
beakedtoad.jpg
30 KB, 639x426
>>
File: ChuchumatanGoldenToad.jpg (73 KB, 639x426) Image search: [Google]
ChuchumatanGoldenToad.jpg
73 KB, 639x426
>>
File: Atelopus_zeteki1.jpg (2 MB, 2720x1720) Image search: [Google]
Atelopus_zeteki1.jpg
2 MB, 2720x1720
>>2145272
What about this guy?
>>
>>2145282
>Atelopus_zeteki

I had to look that up. They are listed as critically endangered, apparently due to susceptibility to chytrid and also human development. Longer periods of cooler temperatures in their native range may exacerbate the chytrid problem for them.
>>
>>2145282
tropical frogs are the ones really getting the short end of the stick
>>
File: 9949b2ffc3bc.jpg (55 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
9949b2ffc3bc.jpg
55 KB, 800x500
>>2145365
Don't forget troglobitic species.
>>
>yes
>>
File: Snek.jpg (947 KB, 4032x2268) Image search: [Google]
Snek.jpg
947 KB, 4032x2268
Bumping with shitty snek pic.
>>
>>2145475

yer snek is wearing a substrate hat.
>>
File: 20160614_204718.jpg (1 MB, 1323x1462) Image search: [Google]
20160614_204718.jpg
1 MB, 1323x1462
So I found this little corn snake outside in a bucket. Once he realized that his bites were too little to hurt me, he became very friendly. I fell in love with his colors, so I have to ask: do wild corn snakes adapt well to captivity? He looks like he must have just hatched a few days ago.

I ready have another corn snake, but he was captive-bred, so I know how to care for them. What's you guys opinion?
>>
>>2145527
I caught an extremely young cornsnake when I was ~14 and it adapted fine, it never attempted to bite or musk me either, Granted thats just an anecdotal experience on a generally unapproved situation, but no ones gonna die if you decide to keep it anon
>>
>>2145527
What you wanna do is keep it for a few says and throw in some food example being a lare disabled cricket (Puling off every lef except the 2 front ones) if the snake doesn't eat it let it go. Thats what I used to do and none of my snakes died.
>>
File: identifypls.jpg (56 KB, 504x378) Image search: [Google]
identifypls.jpg
56 KB, 504x378
Can anyone identify the genes on this corn just by seeing it?
>>
>>2145570
butter maybe?
or amber?
>>
>>2145527
Looks more like an eastern milk to me. At any rate, wild caught are a bit more difficult to get comfortable in an enclosed environment, which then leads to problems with feeding. Temperament tends to be worse as well. But since this one is so young, I wouldn't expect these problems to be too bad, certainly not compared to an adult. Just depends on how you feel about the ethics of it (effects of removing an animal from its eco system, etc etc).

Personally I stick to captive bred (some other benefits such as having basically no risk of parasites and other similar health problems) especially with something so readily available in the trade.
>>
File: CAM00198.jpg (480 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
CAM00198.jpg
480 KB, 2048x1536
Still working on an outside enclosure for a northern alligator lizard.

Any suggestions for what to put in the interior? I need proper hides that can stay cool of the sun gets too hot for him, and it would be awesome if I could find a hide/substrate that would stay warm at night as well. You know....just incase the roommate forgets to bring him in.
>>
>>2145633

You shouldn't have your lizard outside for any length of time that requires considerations for temperature. Having it out for a half hour or something is no problem but it shouldn't be more than that. Not unless your climate is suitable for the lizard and a permanent seasonal outdoor enclosure is feasible.
>>
>>2145527
You don't even know what species it is.
Put it the fuck back in the wild where it belongs.
>>
New monitor!
>>
File: May SECOND 2016001.jpg (160 KB, 807x455) Image search: [Google]
May SECOND 2016001.jpg
160 KB, 807x455
>>2145262
I hate toads for what they have done to monitor lizards in Australia. Not the toads fault, but they suck!
>>
File: May first 2016003.jpg (125 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
May first 2016003.jpg
125 KB, 800x450
>>2145739
Take it back and go buy an Argus, they don't get as large and will eventually allow handling.
>>
>>2145739
what species?
>>
So I've had my baby beardie for around 3 months now, I also have a cat.

Would they get a long?
>>
>>2145750
Nile, V.nilictulous
>>
Does this look like red leg?
>>
File: image.jpg (925 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
925 KB, 2448x2448
>>2146174
Forgot pic
>>
>>2146175
Nice focus
>>
File: peek.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
peek.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Posting snek
>>
Holy shit I've had my Pacman frog for over a year and I just now found out they had this wicked nasty set of teeth on their upper jaw. Are they, like, hidden in their skin or something? I've only ever seen the slicers on the bottom jaw before. You'd think you'd notice those fucking t-rex chompers at some point.
>>
>>2146235

qt bally ball!

>>2146462

Yeah. You find out real quick about that if they manage to bite you. I'd rather get bitten by a large non-venomous snake than a pacman froggy.
>>
File: newt2.jpg (346 KB, 1200x897) Image search: [Google]
newt2.jpg
346 KB, 1200x897
I live in the UK and a few nights ago I was out in my back garden, the ground was moist but it wasn't raining and I happened to come across two tiny newts only an inch and half long.

This was so amazing to me as I've never seen newts in the wild before, let alone to find two in my back garden.

However I'm quite confused as to why they were there in the first place. There are no ponds or bodies of water near my garden at all, so do little newtlets travel far?

Also, do you think I'd have a chance at finding any more? I keep going out after rain and later to try find some but I've not had any luck.

It's made me really want to get a pond though if I could have wild newts living in my garden.
>>
>>2146174
yep
>>
>>2146537
wait let me be more helpful. it is. Probably best to take it to a vet for AB injections. Red leg tends to happen because of improper temps/humidity/cleaning.

Try harder next time.
>>
File: IMAG2136.jpg (748 KB, 1500x841) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2136.jpg
748 KB, 1500x841
>>2146533
Literally just after posting this I went out and found one of the two again! I assume it's one of them though it could be a different individual since it's bigger than last time but I think it's one of the same but just grown more.

This is amazing, they must live in or near my garden rather than travelling by. Which just makes it even more weird why they'd settle here when there's no water bodies at all. I should make a pond ASAP.

Is there anything I can do for them to like help with the summer and coming heat?

And I got this great picture this time too!
>>
File: IMG_1627.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1728) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1627.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1728
>>2146120
No. Cats are predators, beardies would be prey animals. Plus, cats have extremely toxic bacteria that could easily kill your beardie if it nicked a claw on it or scratched/bit it. Ever heard of cat scratch fever? Yeah.

This hot weather has got a few of my snakes rather upset. Then again, I've only had this guy about a week, so I don't really know how he normally is. He was docile when he was shipped here, but the last two times I took him out he's been snappy and bit me today. He's gorgeous so I forgive him, also his bites don't exactly hurt.

The garters are extra flighty and the eastern is extra bitey, and my oldest rainbow boa is crawling around a lot. Unfortunately, I can't even run a box fan in that room because it overloads the circuit, so I can't put an A/C unit in there, I'll just have to put it in the living room and leave the door open or something. Should be getting a new A/C unit this weekend.
>>
>>2146599
You're real dumb. Shut up and go away.
>>
>>2146608
I'm not dumb, people who let cats or dogs near their snakes/lizards/hamsters/etc. are the ones who don't know what they're doing.

I nearly lost a boa constrictor to a cat attack, they aren't harmless, they don't get along. Even if they appear to, the cat could easily overpower the beardie and kill/injure it.

Anybody who allows their cat or dog around their beardie/snake doesn't care about their pets, only the "aww factor." They are willing to put their animals in a life or death situation.
>>
>>2146614
I'm glad your house is going to burn down.
>>
>>2146653
The fuck dude, chill
>>
>>2146653
So...slightly warm = house burning down? Ok anon thanks for the tip, now I'm super worried about 85F weather. Forgot wood, metal, and plastic burns at around 90F, you really saved my ass there. Another 5 degrees and we'd all be dead! You deserve a Nobel Piece Prize for your selflessness.
>>
File: image.jpg (748 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
748 KB, 2448x2448
>>2146176
Here's a better picture. >>2146538
I will, thank you.
>>
>>2146691
Yeah better make a trip to the vet.
>>
>>2146698
does it look like it it may be in the early stages?
>>
>>2146711
yes. pretty early. A little edema is occuring in the frog but there isn't any open sores and stuff. As long as he's still eating and relatively active it's probably not too late for treatment.
>>
>>2146720
Okay good, thank you so much. Me and him will be at the vet first thing in the morning.
>>
>>2146552
they don't necessarily need a body of water, so long as they somewhere dark, cool, and moist to hide under.
and I imagine in the UK thats all over the place.

So if you want you can set out like a plank of wood or a flower pot or something out in the grass or on some soil and they'll probably make use of it.
>>
Does anybody have any experience on feeding bearded dragons with no live insects or fresh vegetables except as treats? Some websites say the bagged food from stores is excellent for them but most don't mention it at all. I don't want to have to deal with crickets and lettuce every day, should I just get a crested instead?
>>
>>2147263
you can not get a lizard of any variety
>>
>>2147263
Lizards require daily feeding just like dogs and cats. If you don't want something you need to feed every day, get a snake.
>>
>>2147277
>>2147279
Let me put that a different way. I don't know why I said lettuce. I just meant that I don't want to have to drive to the store everyday to get a bag of crickets so that they can escape all over the house. I'm fine with feeding everyday.
>>
>>2147285
then dont use crickets
cockroaches and various worms are also valid choices
>>
>>2147285
If he'll take it, I just put my crickets in the fridge. They keep a little longer too so you can get a few days worth. Or, throw the crickets in a toat with some carrots and a little lettuce, and then put your beardie in the toat when he's hungry.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
My best friend of 5 years died today. Yesterday she looked okay and today she was limp and weak and had her mouth open. I took her to the emergency vet and apparently she had parasites. I thought she had just been acting strange because I had mated her with a male a few weeks ago. I want to die I feel terrible

RIP Giggles you were a great pet
>>
>>2147279
Depends on the lizard, an adult tegu should not be fed every day.
>>
>>2147335
That's true
>>
>>2145639
So Been thinking about what you said and trying to think of ways or things that I can build onto this to make it safer. He isn't going to be out all day, but he is a wild caught lizard. The climate should be what he's used to, though obviously this would limit his ability to get to warm/cool spots if he needs to.

So I went digging around google and I found a blog where someone else built a small outside enclosure for their ally, and they used deep layers of leaf litter. They stuck a thermometer down into it and found that with a temp of 110 F outside, the leaf liter kept the floor at 78°.

I think what I'll do is build a similar flooring with a layer of soft soil under the leaves and watch the temps for a week.

I wanted some live plants in there for shade too.
>>
>>2147327

Sorry anon. :(
>>
>>2147310

No. Do not put your lizard in your cricket bin that has cricket shit all over the bottom of it. You could use a separate clean bin if you want. But really, crickets are not required for bearded dragons or any insectivore. There is dubia roaches, superworms, hornworms, silkworms etc.

As for feeding frequency, most lizards in captive conditions eat once every second day as adults.
>>
>>2146725
nice. good luck to mr.frog. Be aware that a frog butt will always be a tiniest bit pink since their skin is rather translucent there. But it shouldn't be that pink.
>>
>>2147263
check out repashy products. I feed my frogs and fish their diets and they work great.
>>
File: 20160616_231556.png (3 MB, 1654x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160616_231556.png
3 MB, 1654x1536
I can't believe Starburst is this big already. I've only had her for 5 months (which, by my estimates, puts her at about 6 months of age) and she has sprouted up like a weed. I heard it takes anywhere from 9 months to a year for leos to become fully grown, is this true
>>
>>2147541
>I heard it takes anywhere from 9 months to a year for leos to become fully grown, is this true

Mostly, although growth rate does depend on diet and general care to a degree as well. Some are fast growers, some are slower. They do continue to gain weight and muscle between one and two years though.
>>
>>2147541
take good care of her and cherish your little buddy

check her for parasites once in a while if I had known that my little buddy would still be here I can't stop crying
>>
File: 1464033589663.jpg (1 MB, 2628x1306) Image search: [Google]
1464033589663.jpg
1 MB, 2628x1306
>>2145633
>>
What does a starving corn snake look like?
>>
>>2147869
Can see bones in back
>>
Why does my mealworms keep on turning black and dying? They have plenty of food, good ventilation and reasonable amount of space
>>
>>2147915
It just happens sometimes. Just get a colony going and you'll have plenty in a couple of months.
>>
File: 20160617_143530.jpg (1 MB, 1303x1505) Image search: [Google]
20160617_143530.jpg
1 MB, 1303x1505
Here's my new pacman frogalogadingdong, Pepper. How often should a tiny pacman like this (like the size of a quarter) be fed? I've heard everything from every 2 days to every day.
>>
>>2147915
What do you feed them and house them in?
>>
>>2147980
They are in plastic box with oath meal as substrate. The box is without lid and has tiny holes on side so ventilation shouldn't be a problem. Also I give them various fruits and veggies as water source.
>>
>>2148024
Put a lid on with holes drilled in it, your container is a perfect breeding ground for other bugs.

I feed carrots and bread (rolls to be more specific)

Normally fruit starts rotting and molding then when your mealworms eat it it kills them.
>>
>>2147973

cute. CUTE!

Ahem. Right. Feeding. A few appropriate size small insects once a day. Don't go nuts on the quantity as pacmans, pacmen, pacmens frogs can be easily overfed. Once it triples its current size you can reduce to once every other day.
>>
File: wheat-bran.jpg (65 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
wheat-bran.jpg
65 KB, 350x350
>>2148024

You'll have better luck keeping them alive with wheat bran instead of the oats. They're not as enthusiastic about eating oats as they are bran, at least in my experience, and so have better overall health and growth rate with bran.
>>
check out this pig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6YnSXVKUiw
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlEzvdlYRes
>>
>>2148128

Dumb. Pyxies will eat frozen thawed mice no problem. No reason to live feed ever.
>>
>>2148135
i agree, and i was actually going to warn about the mice in the video but then saw the thumbnail showed a mouse in it so yeah
>>
File: 20160617_205225.jpg (1 MB, 1875x1052) Image search: [Google]
20160617_205225.jpg
1 MB, 1875x1052
>>2148124
Thanks my dude. Have another cute pic of my little froggo.

He just chowed down on two mealworms. I'm still kind of new to having a frog this little, my other pacman was a little under twice this guy's size when I got him.

Of course now he's a huge fat blob
>>
Anyone have any reccomendations for things to throw in my superworm bin? They don't seem too keen on eating the orange peels and collard green stalks I've been tossing in, I saw that one guy above say bread already, but I want something that they'll actually eat before it rots.
>>
>>2148188

Sure.

>carrots including the green stems if they're still attached
>romaine lettuce
>celery
>kale
>dandelion greens
>cilantro

Carrots and celery are my primary veg for the worms as both of those last a while before mold grows.
>>
>>2148187
Oh wow he's tiny
>>
>>2147869
Like this. If it doesn't look like this it isn't starving. Thin =/= starving. That said, you don't necessarily want them underweight all the time either, a nice lean and healthy corn is what you want.
>>
So my female RES has been kinda doing two things a good majority of the time: basking practically all day (which is pretty standard for her) or sleeping in the corner of her tank underwater under the basking platform. There doesn't seem to be any real health concerns (besides a minor shell issue that's slowly recovering), she behaves normally of swimming up to the glass out of curiosity when someone passes by or beg for food, eats normally, and generally does nothing out of the ordinary otherwise. She kinda just sits in one spot underwater and sleep when she's not basking. (when awaken from sleeping, she acts normally to see when someone passes, and once out of sight, she hangs around for a little than retreats to her spot again)

Is it a sign of some kind of health concern or is she just unstimulated and bored?

(she lives in a pretty bare tank, but when she was first upgraded to it and also adding two pieces of decor, she investigated the shit out of everything and actively swam around for hours, basking when she wanted to )
>>
>>2147327
take her to the vet
>>
>>2148357
Literally zero reading comprehension.
>>
>>2148367
take me to the vet
>>
File: 1464568702917.jpg (135 KB, 498x491) Image search: [Google]
1464568702917.jpg
135 KB, 498x491
>>2148380
B-but you're a human, you don't go to vets
>>
>>2148385
take the vet to the vet
>>
File: 00d0d_LjpkEk4myc_1200x900.jpg (46 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
00d0d_LjpkEk4myc_1200x900.jpg
46 KB, 675x900
This was a craiglist ad.

The owner feeds the gecko 12 crickets every other day.Texted the owner via text the correct way to feed him without being an asshole.
>>
File: 00B0B_6E3DSWc1sPA_1200x900.jpg (51 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
00B0B_6E3DSWc1sPA_1200x900.jpg
51 KB, 675x900
This should be a crime i'm so angry.
>>
>>2148494
I am selling my crested gecko. He is very friendly and likes being handled. Included is the terrarium with light and feeding bowls, etc. The terrarium is not in perfect condition there is a minor crack on the backside but has no effect on the terrarium or the gecko, it has been like that since I got him over seven months ago. The gecko is missing his tail, which also was gone when I got him however it has started to grow back. He eats medium crickets, about 12 every other day which cost under two dollars at Petco.. Great pet
>>
Think I fucked up, my corn's 4th feeding and it seems pissed off. I wanted to take it out to check on it yesterday and it was hiding in it's bird house and didn't want to come out. (on the cool side 73-78 degrees F) Had to coax it out with food to feed it and it won't go on the warm side (82-85) after eating, which I thought it needs belly heat to consume food.
I think it's staying in the bird house because it knows it's harder for me to have access to it. I leave it alone most of the time and it has plenty of hides.
Wat do? Did I make it angry and now "anti-social" (I know snakes already are) and it won't like me ever again?

Baby corn ~12grams. Feeding 1 pinky every 4 days.
>>
>>2146552
Dig a pond, I would sell my soul to have newts in mine.
>>
>>2148637
Yeah I want to, not really sure how to go about it going to be looking it up.
>>
>>2148551
Give it time. It may be spending time on the warm side at night when you're asleep. Also corns are a moderate temperature species and should not have difficulty digesting food at mid 70's temps. Babies can be moody like this. Don't worry about screwing up taming forever and ever. It doesn't really work like that.

You can decrease feeding frequency to once every 6 days or so.
>>
Tegu has been eating a lot of grapes this week and her poo today smelled like raisins, nice change since usually it's awful.
>>
>>2148493
I dont really know anything about feeding cresties here, but 12 every other day seems like a lot
so why does it look so skinny?
>>
>>2148721
Crested geckos primarily eat overripe fruit in the wild with insects only occasionally. They are supposed to be fed crested gecko diet meal replacement powder mixed with water. Insects offered only once per week (if gecko will eat them); gutloaded crickets/dubia roaches dusted with calcium powder, or phoenix worms. Mealworms even as their live insect supplement are inappropriate. Gecko in the picture is malnurished and probably also has early stage metabolic bone disease.
>>
>>2148739
Also the cage decor sucks, gecko has nowhere to hide and not much to climb. Those red lights aren'tgood for them either.
>>
right now i have a 20gal tank and can eventually move up to a 30gal once i pick up a 50+ at the end of the year. what should i put in it? i'm not a snek guy, and i think geckos are fuckin gay. i dont want something that just hides 80% of the day too. i'm thinking a reptile over amphibian
>>
>>2148748
fish

You appear to not be a herp guy, could put a beardie in it I suppose but 30 is small for adult beardie and he would need to be upgraded
>>
File: Snapchat-3810471968142460284.jpg (801 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3810471968142460284.jpg
801 KB, 1080x1920
>>2148753
i have a beardie and she's awesome. i just got her around st. patricks day. gonna try to upgrade to a 50-60 by the end of the year. i had geckos but wasnt a fan of them being mostly active at night.

>pic related
>Bulma
>>
File: Can'tStemtheRem.jpg (3 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
Can'tStemtheRem.jpg
3 KB, 125x93
>>2146691
>It sucks that mom and dad won't let you go out to see your girlfriend, anon.
>Maybe I could be your girlfriend tonight?

I'm sorry, I know you want to care for your animal properly, but I couldn't resist.

Have a picture of my boy Remi. Don't mind the weird angle, I posted it in another thread from my mobile and that's just how it is. Also ignore the dinky little hydro/thermometer, it doesn't read for shit, but it came with the cage that was given to me and since he likes to crawl on it I just left it there.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>2148808
Well fuck, let's try that again from the phone.
>>
>>2148748
Alligator lizard, preferably northern cause they can deal with cooler temps. Though they still need a basking lamp.

>Hardy
>Active hunters if they have something to chase
>Can become tolerant of handling if you are patient
>Don't get too big and get about a foot long with tail
>Slightly more active than your regular herps

Downsides are you would either have to get one from a friend who has babies, or catch a young one. And they can live to be 10+ years if cared for properly.
>>
>>2148816
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=y2XOUpoT6G8

This guy does a decent job of a caresheet on a southern one, and I suggest you do some googling on northern because they need some slightly different care, such as a cooler side to move to, and they also like moist leave litter.
>>
File: CAM00208.jpg (447 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
CAM00208.jpg
447 KB, 2048x1536
>>2148816
>>2148824
And here's a pick of my northern right after he ate.
>>
File: CAM00205.jpg (431 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
CAM00205.jpg
431 KB, 1536x2048
>>2148848
>>
>>2148816
thanks anon I'll be doing my research. good looks m8
>>
File: CAM00143.jpg (296 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
CAM00143.jpg
296 KB, 1536x2048
>>2148878
Welcome. Word of warning, I wouldn't feed live crickets till he's a bit bigger than the one in my pic. I know it's not well known, and was probably just a freak incident, but I've had crickets spray some black tar shit into the babies faces and kill them instantly. It only happened once, but I haven't been able to trust crickets since. If I do happen to have a live one for him, I cut it's butt off first. It's cruel, but the lizard eats him quickly, so it's over quickly. Otherwise I just toss the bag of crickets in the fridge and wait for them to die. They also keep longer in the fridge.

They really love spiders though, especially huntsmens (not sure if real spider or cricket), and though mealworms are a good treat, their bodies are pretty hard and might glog them up. Other than that they basically eat a huge variety of small bugs. Might want to calcium dust the crickets once or twice a week as he's growing too.

If you find any info on them, cause it's surprisingly hard to find, do share please! I'm going to call up my vet and ask if they do exotic pets so I can see how this little dude is taking to captivity.
>>
>>2148224
thanks pal
>>
File: DSC_0208.jpg (629 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0208.jpg
629 KB, 2592x1944
Bought this snowcorn from a breeder a while back.
>>
>>2148995
Damn it!
>>
File: post_image6.jpg (13 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
post_image6.jpg
13 KB, 300x168
>>
File: 20160522_104806.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160522_104806.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>
File: 20160519_140402.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160519_140402.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>
File: 20160519_140214_013.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160519_140214_013.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>
File: IMG_20140910_115234.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140910_115234.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1920
>>
File: IMG_20150630_200724.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150630_200724.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1920
>>
File: IMG_20150621_115545.jpg (1 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150621_115545.jpg
1 MB, 2048x2048
>>
File: IMG_20150222_105137.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150222_105137.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1920
>>
File: IMG_20150202_120419.jpg (2 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150202_120419.jpg
2 MB, 2048x2048
>>
File: IMG_20140918_145453.jpg (3 MB, 3096x3096) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140918_145453.jpg
3 MB, 3096x3096
>>
File: 20151223_204624_011.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151223_204624_011.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>
File: 20150715_181227.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20150715_181227.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>
>>2149027

What happened to your boa's tail?
>>
Zoom in
>>
hypothetical question, is it at all possible to keep any kinda of lizard when a person has a phobia of the insects they feed on?
>>
>>2149103
No
>>
>>2149103

Get a crested gecko.
They eat commercial fruit pastes pretty well.
>>
>>2149085
Could be wrong, but I think that's just a weird angle and leftover shedding.
>>
File: Decimus.jpg (1 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
Decimus.jpg
1 MB, 3072x1728
So a friend asked me to take care of his pacman while he'll be gone to Germany for about a month. Apparently just a couple weeks ago he went on a different trip and had him estivated- was about a week long.

Anyway, how long has this thing been dead? He dropped it off last night, so it's been just over 24 hours since I got it. He told me he fed it and misted the tank before bringing it, too.
>>
File: DecimusTank.jpg (2 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
DecimusTank.jpg
2 MB, 3072x1728
>>2149115

Here's the enclosure, btw. Haven't moved or changed any of the setup since he brought it.
>>
>>2149115
>dropped it off last night
So your friend wants you to take care of a dead frog?
>>
>>2149120
It was buried. Told me to feed it nightly at around 9:30, so after waiting for about an hour to see if the fucker would dig its way out I started sifting through the dirt. Found him like that.
>>
>>2149124
Are you...sure it's dead?...

Poke it!
>>
>>2149103

Crested and gargoyle geckos do not require live insects now that high protein cgd like Repashy Grubs n' Fruit and Pangea Fruit Mix with Insects is available. Feed regular cgd for two feedings and then one of the aforementioned every third. With hatchlings i would do the high protein mix every second feeding.
>>
>>2149115
>had him estivated

explain. because to me that reads to me like he let the temperatures drop way below normal, which is definitely not something you want to do with a baby frog. if so, that's your cause of death.
>>
>>2149116
I dont know anything about frogs, except that that substrate looks kinda dry, despite their being a bit of wetness on top. My guess is the frog got dehydrated but I cant say anything cause I dont know anything about your friend's care.
>>
File: DecimusShrivel.jpg (1 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
DecimusShrivel.jpg
1 MB, 3072x1728
>>2149126
I tried poking it. No response, so I lifted it up on the paper for a better picture. It smells dead, but I haven't smelled a frog before, so idk.
>>2149132
He told me that he slowly lowered the temperature over a few days to emulate winter. Dunno if he did the same with humidity.
>>
>>2149134
>He told me that he slowly lowered the temperature over a few days to emulate winter. Dunno if he did the same with humidity.

Yep, he killed the froggy.
>>
File: June.webm (3 MB, 592x332) Image search: [Google]
June.webm
3 MB, 592x332
snake
>>
>>2149135
Ah. Oh well, I guess I'll screencap this and show it to him when I can.
Thanks for the autopsy.
>>
>>2149139

K, so estivation/brumation is a touchy thing to reproduce in captivity and cannot be done willy nilly out of convenience because you're going off on vacation. It is not something you should even try with adult frogs unless you are experienced and know exactly what you're doing. I expect frog was alive when he brought the temperatures back up, which is why he claims it was alive and feeding before he brought it to you. But between the short brumate and reheat, and the dry as fuck substrate, froggy overstressed, deaded.
>>
>>2149115
>>2149120

holy shit kek'd hard
>>
File: DSCN8724.jpg (916 KB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8724.jpg
916 KB, 2816x2112
>On holiday in straya
>Trying to get good pic of an inland taipan I come across
>It suddenly perks up and races towards the camera lens for a second

I jumped
>>
>>2148853
that's cute as fuck, anon.
>>
Would a tegu be alright to buy if I have a lot of time and money but very little reptile experience?
>>
File: May thirteenth 2016002.jpg (211 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
May thirteenth 2016002.jpg
211 KB, 800x450
>>2149039
Is his name Bolo?
>>
>>2149158

Ha! Yeah i would have cheesed it away real quick too in that situation. Not that taipans are aggressive or keen on attacking rather than running away but ya know, something with enough venom to kill you 100 times before you hit the ground sliding on over inside comfy distance, that'll rustle the jimmies.
>>
>>2149176
Possibly. If you do lots of research ahead of time. Learn how to regulate temperature and humidity in an unoccupied tank first. Should be okay. If you get a baby you will learn reptile handling procedures while it's still small enough not to overwhelm. Sure. With commitment and dedication to doing it right, i think it is doable.

Just don't try to improvise on the care like some first time reptile keepers do. That's where things go south for you and the animal.
>>
File: CAM00206.jpg (314 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
CAM00206.jpg
314 KB, 2048x1536
>>2149171
He (she? Not sure yet) is a good lizard.

Now if only I could get my camera to focus up close...
>>
>>2149213
its so small i love it
>>
>>2149213

Huh...not sure how I managed to take that pic upside down unless my phone didn't flip right when I was holding it...
>>2149214
I'm gonna give my vet a call on Monday and see if they do exotic pets so I can have him checked out and see how he's doing.
>>
File: S4h21FNh.jpg (96 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
S4h21FNh.jpg
96 KB, 768x1024
>>2149213
I do wish I had somehow kept the northern I found on my herping field trip, this guy was basically gold. The picture doesn't do it justice
>>
>>2149229
>herping
herp a derp
>>
>>2149229
Ah he was still a juvenile, they lose that gold tint as they grow.

I might document this guy as he grows and get some experience with the species, it would be awesome if I could work with other breeders and domestic some. It would be interesting what types of colors and patterns would start popping up.
>>
>>2149235
really? he seemed quite large for a juvenile
he had to have been 7 or 8 inches in total
>>
>>2149240
They'll be 12 inches or more when fully grown.
>>
Hey guys ive been wanting a bearded dragon for a while and was wondering whether to get a pvc tank or a long normal aquarium. The thing is idk where to buy a pvc cage and ive read that aquariums arent good for them because they dont maintain humidity. What do /an/, any suggestions?
>>
>>2149290
PVC is always better, but you do have to order them online
beardies dont really need humidity, but glass tanks also don't hold heat very well, which they do need
>>
>>2149293
Would you happen to know any sites i can buy them from?
>>
>>2149295
pvccages
boaphile
animal plastics
constrictors northwest
dragons4you
>>
>>2149290
They're both shit. You need a melamine/wood enclosure with a glass window/door.
>>
How does one go about decorating a crested gecko habitat? I have a 12x12x18 tank, which is what I was told was best, what do I put in it? Any anons with crested geckos have pics of their habitat?
>>
>>2148941
How big do they get?
>>
>>2149311
take it to the vet
>>
How do i feed a lizard if im scared of touching dubia roaches?
>>
>>2149360
Tongs
>>
>>2149139
Some of these animals do not tolerate the artificially induced hibernations and other "weather" related alterations. Any number of things could have killed it.

Going from summer to winter in a matter of hours probably flipped the fuck out of the frog. Pulling it back to spring all within a short time likely fucked with too many physiological regulations and stressed/overexerted the frog to death. Or it could have just died from being cold.
>>
>>2149304
With the thinner pvc cages that's partly true. Good quality ones with nice thick walls are just as good for heat retention as melamine and considerably lighter as well.

Melamine is a good choice if you want to diy it. Cheap and easy to work with.
>>
>>2149311
A couple cork bark rounds. Lots of plastic plants. A bendy vine or two. More is better with the foliage as they need lots of places to hide and will stress if there is too much open space.

Your gecko will most likely outgrow that tank though. 18x18x18 is a lot better for a single adult.
>>
What if I left rotting strawberries in my salamander tank to attract fruit flies? Would that be dangerous?
>>
How long does it usually take a Boa to shed? My Kenyan Sand Boa has been shedding for 2 weeks now but she has a patch on her tail and behind her head that hasn't come off yet. I've been keeping an eye on her and it doesn't look like she has any luck getting it off. I even tried the warm water thing. This is my first snek so I'm not sure if I should be worried or not. I want to try feeding again but not if she's shedding...
>>
>>2149687
Mold would be dangerous, but I don't think they have to really be 'rotting to attract fruit flies. Just leave your door open in the kitchen and an overripe peach in a tupperware on the counter. Wait till it's covered then lock the little fuckers in there.
>>
>>2149691

That's stuck shed. She will need your assistance in getting it off. Place her is shallow lukewarm water for a bit, take her out; moisten a wash cloth in same water, hold snake in hand with the cloth wrapped loosely around snake, allow snake to slither through this washcloth tunnel. Repeat a couple times. The shed should come off without much struggle. Once the skin is moist you can attempt to gently peel it off by hand if necesary.

I have read that putting a moist hide in the tank when snake is in shed cycle is a good idea for sand boas.
>>
File: CAM00209.jpg (681 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
CAM00209.jpg
681 KB, 2048x1536
>1/5
Finished the outside enclosure.

Gonna check the dirt daily to make sure it's moist and will stay cool.
>>
File: CAM00210.jpg (716 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
CAM00210.jpg
716 KB, 2048x1536
>>2149725
>2/5
>>
File: CAM00211.jpg (630 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
CAM00211.jpg
630 KB, 2048x1536
>>2149727
>3/5
Cut the second shelf so he can have a warmer spot to bask. Just looking for a suitable water container.
>>
File: CAM00212.jpg (421 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
CAM00212.jpg
421 KB, 2048x1536
>4/5
>>
>>2149731
>5/5

I might cut a square out of the middle of the lid because it blocks off a lot of the sun, which is the whole reason for the outside enclosure.
>>
Anyone know how much giant gene leos go for?
Do they have any health problems associated with them?
>>
you know for being such a pain in the ass high humidity snake, my ball python sure doesn't like being wet
>>
>>2149909

Couple hundred dollars. Maybe a little more if the gecko has additional stuff in its genetics or is from a blood line known to be exceptionally large.

No health issues that I know of but keep in mind "giant" leos are bigger but they aren't 'big'. An average giant leo would be about 11.5" long and weigh maybe 120-150g. If you want a bigger lizard get a skink or something, it'll be cheaper.
>>
>>2149981
Not that guy, but I was curious if current leo breeding lines have any well-known reoccurring health issues in general? Everybody's heard of dog breeds with inherent health problems, but I've never really heard of there being any genetic anomalies or inbreeding problems in leopard gecko morph lines.
>>
>>2148808
>>
heheheh
>>
>>2145262
Any guides on bioactive set-ups for corns and balls?

Both of my snakes go nuts when I take them outside, so I want to recreate a similar environment in their terrariums.
>>
>>2150017
i saved this a while back, haven't looked much into since then ive been waiting to get a pvc cage or something

http://www.reptilecentre.com/blog/2015/08/how-to-set-up-a-bioactive-royal-python-vivarium/
>>
>>2150001

The enigma gene is known to cause neurological problems (enigma syndrome). That's the only major one that i am aware of. Inbreeding can of course cause issues not specific to any particular morph.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 290x484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 290x484
Well guys it's done. I've said goodbye to my favorite creature in the world. I built her this little shrine and buried her today. I'd do anything to have her back and have one more chance. I hope she's at peace now.

I'm going to miss her so much ;_;
>>
>>2150055
I am truly sorry for your lots.
>>
>>2150055

That's lovely, anon. :')
>>
>>2150055
I'm so sorry, you took very good care of her.
>>
Hi guys.
My north American toad did something weird the other day.

My neighbor saw him in the yard and tried to pet him, when he touched the toad it secreted a strange liquid from its eyes and slimed the kid.

Is this stuff toxic and why has my toad never slimed me before?
Also he's about two years old and lives outside under a florescent light that attracts bugs for him.
He hibernates during the winter.
>>
>>2150055
take her to the vet
>>
>>2150085
that's actually a pretty cool setup. does he allow you to handle him?
>>
>>2150096
Yeah.
He doesn't mind if I pet his head and has never gotten pissed about it before.
I have a few pics oh him, his name is Casper.
I'll go fetch them and post a couple.

Right now it's Cicada season so he's been gorging on them mad staying in his little brick hut for days on end.

Brb with pics.
>>
>>2150106
That's adorable desu. Can't wait for the pics
>>
File: casper 1.jpg (221 KB, 2048x1350) Image search: [Google]
casper 1.jpg
221 KB, 2048x1350
>>2150107
Sorry for the quality.
Here he is after the sliming incident, I brought him in and cleaned him up.
>>
File: casper 3.jpg (212 KB, 2048x1350) Image search: [Google]
casper 3.jpg
212 KB, 2048x1350
>>2150107
He's actually a lot bigger than the pics make him look.
>>
File: casper 2.jpg (212 KB, 2048x1350) Image search: [Google]
casper 2.jpg
212 KB, 2048x1350
>>2150107
One more

Also he could actually be a she but I can't tell.
I found him drowning in mt coy pond about two years ago and saved him.

He was bobbing around and I could tell he was about to drown.
I guess he fell in and couldn't get out.

After I got him out I let him go and he ended up staying in my yard so I put a light out there to attract bugs and removed a brick from an old well cover that's been filled in.

That was two years ago and he's gotten huge since then.
I worry about snakes eating him but he seems to fear nothing so I just let him stay outside.

I don't want to cage him because it will shorten his life span.
>>
>>2150085
Toxic? Maybe mildly. Kid will be fine as long as he washed the slime off right after. That kind of discharge may cause allergic reaction in humans but that's about it.
>>
File: HandsomeGivingGelding.webm (598 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
HandsomeGivingGelding.webm
598 KB, 700x394
Been gradually accumulated tanks and supplies from thrift shops on the cheap. Planned to use them for vivariums, but I just acquired a fully furnished 20 gallon terrarium for $10 that I have absolutely no idea what to do with. Came with several hides including the overpriced resin ones and a bunch of other kit.

Debating my options.
>>
File: FabulousDapperFiddlercrab.webm (954 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
FabulousDapperFiddlercrab.webm
954 KB, 700x394
>>2150836
>Been gradually accumulated
accumulating

Yeah, my brain's already asleep on me.
>>
IGG Has blister disease
Can't afford vet
What do ?
>>
>>2150907
whats an igg and whats blister disease?
>>
File: IMG_20160621_012214.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160621_012214.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>2149713
Thanks anon, managed to get it off her.

Tried feeding the day after and she finally ate! I'm so happy!
>>
>>2150948

Awesome. Qt sand noodle.
>>
Rate gecko
He(?) is a leucistic.
>>
Testpost
>>
>>2151054

If you look at his belly between the rear legs there will a single line of tiny darker dots if male (preanal pores), no dots if female. Hemipenal bulge at base of tail will also become obvious but gecko may be a little too young yet for that to have fully developed.
>>
>>2151077
I will check.
Luckily, this gecko has a unisex name and I never plan on breeding it.
>>
>>2151081
>>2151077
It seems he had just started shedding, so I do not think i can check
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>2150907
>>2150925
>>
>>2151248
betadine, if its not too late
change all substrate to newspaper, since thats whats obviously caused it in the first place
pray

or take it to a goddamn vet anyways and deal with the bills later
>>
File: iguana.jpg (700 KB, 1924x1068) Image search: [Google]
iguana.jpg
700 KB, 1924x1068
>>2151248
are you sure thats blister disease anon?
looks more like a burn imo

I love me some iguanas though, heres my guy, he just started going into shed a few days ago
>>
>>2151252
I doubt it's a burn
I recently took it out of its old habitat because he was getting to damn big
Since I can't afford a much bigger tank
I placed him in an open aired cage with no room for proper substate
I'm guessing it's what
>>2151251 said
Since it fits the situation
>>
>>2151255
an open aired cage should have been fine
this only comes about when you don't change their substrate often enough and they have to sit there in their own filth.
He probably contracted it because his tank was too small
>>
How many Snake owners breed their own feeder mice?
>>
>>2151271
Okay I switched out all the old Substate and I have it on newspapers
I also cleaned the branches
Started a treatment by giving him a bath and then gently scrubed it with a povidone-iodine mix solution
Guide I found says to do his 3-7 days
>>
>>2151279

That's a pretty small minority of keepers. Mostly breeders do that as cost/benefit works out a little better when you keep a LOT of snakes. If you have maybe five or fewer snakes it doesn't work out, both in cost and in time consumed caring for the rodents.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1936x2592
My best friend just turned 4 today, so I thought I'd share a picture of him in celebration.
>>
File: kermitscooter.jpg (67 KB, 250x253) Image search: [Google]
kermitscooter.jpg
67 KB, 250x253
>>
I moved into a house and one of the old roommates had a leopard gecko which is still there and I'm not sure of the last time it was fed. Its still alive and moving and the tail is fat. Looks like an adult of ~6 inches. I've been trying to get ahold of the old roommate about the gecko, just texted her today but I'm worried it hasn't been fed in a while. I have no car and no mealworms or anything. Is there emergency non insect food I can give it?
>>
>>2151424
not really, leos aren't big enough to eat pinkies, and I doubt they have interest in any non insect protein sources
>>
>>2151426
:( how can I tell if its got really bad and the gecko is about to die? I can take a bus and find a pet shop but I don't know shit about mealworms and I don't want to buy them if she's gonna come pick up her darn pet today.
>>
>>2151427
well if you said his tail is still fat he should be fine.
the tail fat serves as their emergency rations
>>
>>2151431
Ok thank god, I thought it was ok if it had a fat tail. I'm gonna try to buy the gecko from her. Like really it is not ok to move out without ur pet and not show up for a week
>>
>>2151431
Quick update she said I can have him if I take care of him! Alriiiight now I'm off to go buy mealworms so gecko won't starve
>>
>>2151470

Don't forget the calcium powder.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
I got this guy (Chinese cave gecko) last week, but I have no idea what to name him/her. Does anybody have any ideas? Also, I'm considering breeding them eventually. Does anybody have any tips/suggestions?
>>
File: 20160621_213845.jpg (3 MB, 2976x2976) Image search: [Google]
20160621_213845.jpg
3 MB, 2976x2976
So my sister called and said someone surrendered this Geko at PetSmart and ive always wanted one.

So meet L.A.M
My Lusty Argonian Maid
>>
>>2151573

Looks to be healthy for a rescue. When people say leo rescue i expect missing toes and regenerated tail and underweight. None of that here. Good good.
>>
File: 20160621_204832~2.jpg (3 MB, 4461x2687) Image search: [Google]
20160621_204832~2.jpg
3 MB, 4461x2687
>>2151576
Yea, the only problem I saw was that her toes were red and inflamed because they had her on bearded drag sand
>>
>>2151573
What a qt

>>2151567
name him/her Via, (Latin for road, according to google)
>>
>>2145262
What the fuck is wrong with my Leo?
He is so chill. Like way too chill. I'm not even kidding. I put a fingerboard on there and he chills on there. I know this sounds like a troll post but it's not. He so far moved it about a centimeter and that's all.

He won't eat his food unless it attacks him either. I need to pick the super/meal worms and crickets' legs with an eyebrow plucker and simulate it as if it's attacking him.
>>
>>2151393
glorious

>>2151573
cute
>>
>>2151593
What are your temps, the age of the leo, what do you mean by attack, he doesn't go after moving food?
>>
SO ive got a baby beardie, very beautiful colors etc

I want to give him a check up but the first local clinic for reptiles i called charge a 100 bucks for just a check up, is this normal?

She doesn't look sick at all as well.

what do
>>
>>2150115
what a handsome boy!

good job on saving him
>>
>>2150836
email them to me
>>
>>2151973

Normal price for exotic vet but if beardie is healthy, behaving normally and eating on schedule there's no need for a checkup.
>>
File: 518XKLWOkML.jpg (37 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
518XKLWOkML.jpg
37 KB, 500x500
>>2152022

okay cool

Also, im using a MVB for his lighting, but i also have a uvb bulb thats shaped like this, is this one the one i should avoid?
>>
>>2152030

Herp keeper opinion on those compact UVB bulbs is split. Some years ago when they were first introduced to the market, it was found that they were putting out too much UV relative to the visible light, which then caused eye damage to some herps (i think it was chameleons?) because their pupils were not at the appropriate dilation under the light. This has apparently? Allegedly? Been fixed. They've been on the market several years now and all i can find re; eye damage in relation to these bulbs is from years back.

So, probably fine? You can always use the regular long UV tubes if you wanna be 100% safe.
>>
>>2152089

I just checked, the compact uvb bulb is giving out no uvb light, I think i'm going to stick with my MVB for now

The reason I ask is because sometimes my beardie sleeps on the warm side right beside his rock and I thought it might be a bad case of UVB.

>You can always use the regular long UV tubes if you wanna be 100% safe.

Though I don't have a fixture for this but I will consider to buy this if my MVB is no longer good
>>
>>2151252
Do iguanas ever stop being tremendous assholes?
>>
File: DSC_1335.jpg (537 KB, 2500x1662) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1335.jpg
537 KB, 2500x1662
Young eastern snapping turtle I found today
>>
File: DSC_1332.jpg (1 MB, 2500x1662) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1332.jpg
1 MB, 2500x1662
>>2152355
also found this 3 foot red-bellied water snake. Not the longest snake I've ever seen, but it was fat as hell and had much rougher scales than I expected. Didn't pick it up though because it was ready to shed.
>>
File: 20160622_153734.jpg (661 KB, 1406x2500) Image search: [Google]
20160622_153734.jpg
661 KB, 1406x2500
>>2152360
also found a bunch of american green tree frogs

several black racers as well, but no pictures
>>
>>2152355

tiny package of pure violence.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 89

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.