[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Litter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Hey /an/

First time cat owner here.

For the last few months I have just been getting cheap litter (dusty, no real odor control, etc) but now I want to get something a little nicer.

Anyone have a good litter recommendation (preferably one I can get from Amazon)

Currently deciding between Yesterday's News Cat Litter and Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter. Any thoughts?
>>
meow
>>
I haven't tried that brand in particular, but I really like recycled paper litters. They do nothing in terms of odour control for poops, though I'm quick to scoop them out anyway. I'm not a fan of crystal/clumping etc. litters because of the dust, I don't want my cats breathing that shit.
>>
>>2145081
I guess what she has now is dusty, crystal stuff. It still can small pretty dank. Are there any other advantages to recycled paper litter?
>>
>>2145084
It's cheaper than the other stuff, but we're not from the same country so it might be different for you. It's easier to pick up, doesn't track everywhere, and softer for their little feet. One of my cats likes it so much that he lies in the container I have for fresh litter whenever it's open. Also there's the environmental aspect, if you care about that. Mainly I like that it's dust free.
>>
>>2145089
It's a little more expensive for the Yesterday's News litter, yeah, but if it's noticeably better then it's worth it. What do you use for odor control?
>>
Weruva, World's Best, and Blue are fantastic and produce very little dust
>>
>>2145157
Are any of these flushable?

Is it okay to switch from a chalky clay based litter to a different kind for a 1 year old cat?
>>
>>2145159
Switch the liter gradually like you would food. Tip the box off with a tiny bit, and keep topping off the box with more and more of the new liter over several weeks.
>>
>>2145159
Technically World's Best is flushable, but it's better for sea life if you just trash it. Right now Sea Otters are starting to be affected by toxoplasma gondii from cat feces that end up in the ocean.
>>
>>2145247
Thanks for this info. I should just put it in the can, you're right. Doesn't that make your can reek, though?
>>
>>2145248
Get a liter disposal product like Literally Genie.
>>
>>2145248
I just double-bag it
>>
>>2145248
I use a small bag every evening to clean kot's litter box, then I put it in front of the door until I go to the trash can in front of the building. I also use Ever clean sand, it clumps well and doesn't really reek.
>>
>>2145157
>World's Best
About to cop this. Anyone else use it/used it? Thoughts?
>>
>>2145579
Presently using this.

Only complaint is that it doesn't absorb odors that well. The poop is going to smell fairly poopy when you scoopy. On the upside there's basically no dust, it's flushable, better for the environment.

IDK the lady at the pet store sold me on it, said it was pretty popular. The only brands I can compare it to are Fresh Step.
>>
>>2145594
What have you been using to help odor control, if anything?

I only have a single cat - trying to find a new litter like OP.
>>
>>2145599
The thing is the bag says it supposed to control odor pretty well. All I know is that it smelled pretty stank last couple of times I scooped.

I wouldn't say that the poop smell permeates into nearby areas, so you don't really need to control the odor, it's really only apparent when scooping/discarding.

I also just started using it since I recently got kittens and decided to make new decisions regarding what kind of shit I buy them. I think it's worth trying.
>>
>>2145682
thanks mate. ordering it.
>>
>>2145050
>Precious Cat Ultra Premium Clumping Cat Litter
I was using this for a while because it's cheap, clumps, and claims to be dust free, but it was still leaving a fucking cloud every time I opened the bag. I switched to https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Miracle-NM-5428-Fragrance-Clumping/dp/B00NB9V8CQ/ and there's actually little to no dust.
>>
>>2145050
I find that this stuff works the best. It is dusty, but it keeps the odor down and the clumps hold together well.
>>
Breeders Choice was the best that I used.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.