[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips for cat pissing on bed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: kot.jpg (316 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
kot.jpg
316 KB, 720x1280
Hey /an/, I'm having issues with one of my male (1 of 2) cats peeing on the guest room bed. He's only done it on that one bed and it's been infrequent. Any tips on how to wean him off of it? Unfortunately just closing the door won't work because my mother is a crazy bitch who almost gave him away to a shelter because he's done it three times in his year of being fucking alive.

Pic related.
>>
>>2144572
Take him to a taxidermist
>>
Wash the bedding and mattress with an enzyme cleaner so he can't smell his mark anymore.

How many litterboxes do you have? How often do you clean them? Are they both neutered?
>>
File: photo_1452561465827.jpg (2 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
photo_1452561465827.jpg
2 MB, 4320x2432
>>2144588
We have 3 litter boxes and were moving to cleaning them each day. Both are neutered as well.

The really odd thing is that he won't pee anywhere else, its just the bed in that one room. We've had the door closed for a week before and there were no accidents and we opened it the next day and he peed on it that morning. We moved a new bed in with different bedding today, which spurred the whole family freakout when he peed on the new bed.
>>
Toss it out, and get another. It's not like there's a shortage of cats in the world. They are quite literally disposable in every sense of the word. The longer they stay around, the more things go downhill in all situations they appear in. Better to get rid of them early if you're not interested in them because it only gets worse.
>>
>>2144593
>We moved a new bed in with different bedding today, which spurred the whole family freakout when he peed on the new bed.

................ *crickets*
>>
>>2144593
Male cats LOVE to mark their territory.
This is why you get female cats anon.
Cute cat though, I hope someone answers.
>>
Okay two questions, one is his litter box covered and two does he spray or pee?
>>
>>2144593
I'm guessing it's an anxiety thing. A bed offers a safe place to piss.

Providing uncovered litter trays so he can watch for danger might help and also you might want to try raising the litter tray a bit (out of tagging distance) off the ground while making sure it is easily accessible (ie steps) so he has a vantage point when he pees.

Also check your laundry detergent to make sure it doesn't contain ammonia and avoid lavender or mint scents and stick to citrus.
>>
cats piss in atypical places when they have a Urinary Tract Infection

Take him to a vet
>>
File: photo_1457330093034.jpg (3 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
photo_1457330093034.jpg
3 MB, 2432x4320
>>2144747
Uncovered box, and actual peeing.

>>2144806
Does it matter that the only place he's peeing that isn't his box is this room? And even then, its been over a few months at that and only ever when he can get in there.

>>2144732
Yeah things are kind of rough with my mother's job and the cat is an easy way of funneling frustrations for her, even if the ultimate answer is pretty simple.

Thanks for everyone who has responded so far, even the edge.
>>
>>2144809
see
>>2144758
>>
Sprinkle his kibble or treats all over your bed. Sounds kind of gross but it's the only thing that has worked for me, and I've tried everything.
>>
Go to the vet to rule out medical problems. If a cat is peeing somewhere that is comfy for them, it u ually means they are associating the box to pain.

It can be behavioral, but rule out medical first.
>>
File: IMG_20160613_232234091.jpg (2 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160613_232234091.jpg
2 MB, 2432x4320
Alright /an/ last bit before I go to bed, I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow and I nuked the room he pissed in with enzyme cleaner. He also seems to have taken somewhat of a liking to his new litter box.

Thanks again for all the help.
>>
>>2144974
Cats that hang out in their litterboxes tend to have anxiety issues and don't feel safe. Maybe he is scared of the new bed and peed on it to alleviate that stress? Has anything else changed recently?
>>
>>2145013
We introduced a new cat about four or five months ago, but they seem to get along well with one another. Group grooming, sleeping with one another, play fighting now and then and chasing eachother around the house. Otherwise, I can't think of much, I am somewhat in and out of the house since I go to college an hour away and the semester is over. But then again, he seems pretty fond of me as well.

In this case, chilling out in the litter box is probably because I picked him up and put him there to show him that it was new.
>>
>>2144723
They're not fluffy ponies you fucking monster.
>>
>>2145660
>immediately jumps to a fetishist comic without it getting mentioned
I got bad news, friendo. Turn your kitter over before you snap and decide to act out your fantasies.
>>
>>2144572
Remember cats piss on a place that has YOUR scent on it so he can mingle his scent with yours. Cats generally do that when they are stressed or afraid.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.