[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fevered kitten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20160612-WA0009.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160612-WA0009.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
This picture was taken around 6pm.
My kitten has been sleeping the whole day, and now (9pm) I realise that she has fever, as she keeps sleeping and she still has this high look.
Obviously, it's late af so I can't take her to a vet. What should I do?
>>
>>2144345
Stay with her. Get a wet towel and put it on her head. It beats doing nothing and if she doesn't like it she'll easily pull it off. Keep her in your basement where it's cool. Also make sure she drinks water.
>>
>>2144348
There are hardly any cool spots in my house right now. It's a very cold night, so my house is pretty warm. But I'll give her some water (I tried to give her milk but she didn't wanted to drink it). Thanks.
>>
Benadryl is safe to give to cats. Measure it up like you would measure up an infant's dose.
>>
>>2144352
After weaning cats become lactose intolerant so you should never give them milk
>>
>>2144385
I wouldn't recommend giving your cat human medicine when you have no idea what's wrong with her.

A 24h fever is okay as long as it isn't too high (105+) and the cat isn't allowed to become dehydrated. Here's a video about how to check for dehydration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyJTJ0sFkmQ

If you have wet food, give her that with a little extra water mixed in to keep up her hydration. Putting her on a tile or slate floor will help cool her down too, or keeping a fan on her. You could also put an ice pack/bottle of cold water/etc. against her pawpads (if she'll tolerate it) or body.

Be sure to get her into the vet ASAP in the morning. Young kittens can tank very quickly.
>>
Thanks to everyone, she woke up feeling much better now.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.