[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are donkeys nice pets? if you had to choose between 2 Mini Donkeys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: .jpg (817 KB, 2400x3600) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
817 KB, 2400x3600
are donkeys nice pets? if you had to choose between 2 Mini Donkeys or 2 Boer Goats for pets what would you choose?
>>
>>2144328
goats obv
>>
>>2144328
I don't know how any animal can be worse than a goat so I would go with the donkeys.
>>
>>2144381
>goat milk
>goats cheese
>fun baby goats
>friendly lawn mower
>interactive garbage disposal unit
>makes soothing noise

Goats are top tier
>>
>>2144328
Donkeys are loud. Do you mind if your neighbors hate you forever? If not, then definitely the donks.
>>
Both are awesome for different reasons. Goats are goofy as fuck. Donkeys are super territorial and will protect you, your pets and your home. Both are friendly and fun to be around.
>>
I have a donkey they are pretty bro tier, big cuddly fluffy thing that loves apples and pets.
Don't know anything about goats but donkeys might be more work or expensive.

Donkeys cannot be kept on their own either, mine is kept with cattle which he gets on very well with.

>>2144422
If you get a donkey gelded they don't make noise, I have only heard my donkey bray once.
>>
>>2144575
Er, nope. My neighbor has two jennies and they make a big racket in the morning and evening, when they are expecting to be fed.
>>
>>2144601
I kinda like their wonky braying sound. Makes me laugh.
>>
>>2144730
I like it too, but boy-oh-boy does the sound ever carry. And not everyone enjoys it at all hours of the day and night.
>>
>>2144751
But at least you'll never lose your donkey!

Their noses are way softer than horse noses too. It's crazy. My aunt had a pair of mammoth jack geldings. They were harness and trail trained and they were the sweetest animals. They were even gentler than our total softie horses. They had special saddles though since their conformation is different than horse conformation.
>>
>>2144765
Yes, the lack of withers can make saddle fit a challenge. We have a pony that, unfortunately, is built the same way. Hard to fit.
>>
>>2144601
Might be just my donkey, he a male gelded donkey though.
I never have a Jenny, I assumed the braying is them being horny and looking for mates.

My Donkey brayed once because we trying to coax him into the shed with food to clean his hooves but he did not like it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.