[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it costly to put down kittens? A stray cat gave birth to kittens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: vetcat.jpg (32 KB, 399x400) Image search: [Google]
vetcat.jpg
32 KB, 399x400
Is it costly to put down kittens? A stray cat gave birth to kittens in my backyard and I just found her dead from poisoning(my neighbours are cunts). I have no means to take care of the kittens and even if I tried I dont think I would be able to because they are simply too young to be without a mother. I would rather they didnt suffer and starve to death and im to afraid of fucking up if I try to snap their necks. How much does it cost to put them down? Do I have to see a vet or are there other means of doing it?

Quick replies would be appreciated
>>
>>2144143
>im to afraid of fucking up if I try to snap their necks
do not fucking do this
this is not considered a humane method of euthanasia for cats or dogs
take them to a shelter
>>
>>2144148
>take them to a shelter
they wont accept any more cats. besides they are tiny would so much special care for a chance of survival

>do not fucking do this
yeah which is why im looking for them to be put down as an alternative. how much does it cost for them to be put down properly?
>>
>>2144151
>as an alternative
It should have never been considered as an option in the first place.
>>
>>2144152
fine, but I still think its better than them slowly starving to death

why is no one answering the question i asked, is it because its crazy expensive?
>>
>>2144143
Just use a shovel, then you can just bury them.
>>
>>2144158
asphixiation sounds like a horrible death
>>
God's work, OP.
If only the cat owners of the world realized there's a stark difference between a well-cared for indoor cat and the too common stray/feral pests.
>>
>>2144163
I meant either bludgeon or sever the heads with the shovel, then you don't have to go get the shovel when you need to bury them.
>>
>>2144168
cant, I dont have it in me
>>
>>2144143

Just dump them at a vet. They will put them down, you don't have to pay the cost.
>>
>>2144170
Yo OP, think of this like a favor for them. These kittens are going to have a really shit life if they survive, without their mom and all, so give them this peace for once.
Doesn't matter how, just do it.
>>
>>2144143
For such a small animal it will not be expensive. Call vets AND shelters for euthanasia services, and make it explicitly known you want the full body of the kittens back. The majority of the cost is cremation services and disposal services. Tell them you don't have to be present either, sometimes that makes it a bit cheaper. Explain your situation, that they are too young to be without mom and you don't have the time and money to care for them. But I can't tell you what it costs because I know only a handful of vets in NY
>>
>>2144168
Don't follow this advice either as you will be on the hook for animal cruelty charges in most jurisdictions.
>>
Last summer I had to shot down a bird. The poor thing fell from the nest and was severly injured. So I pulled the trigger. The feeling after was one of the worst things I have ever felt. The poor bird looked so miserable, I will never forget it, I understand you. Are you sure you can't take it to a shelter? Don't have any friends or relatives maybe who are interested in taking in a pet?
>>
Where do you live? I know a few anons here foster kittens, maybe you live close enough to someone that can help them.
>>
>>2144170
Then find someone who does, as it really is for the best.
>>
If you're in the Orange County or LA area then call a place called MeoowzResQ (can find them on FB). Really good cat rescue organization. If you're not in the neighborhood then do a search for cat rescue specifically. That is, if you want an alternative to putting them down
>>
>>2144184
This. The vet might even be able to take them in.

Also, OP, if shelters are so full near your area, consider voting on a community fund to do a catch, spay/neuter, release. Your town/county has to have a fund to do it, but you can keep your eye open and vote on it.
>>
>>2144143
>Hey /an/, how do I kill [insert animal]. I really think torturing animals to death is the best thing to do because I'm 14 and retarded.
Is it Sunday already?
>>
>>2144188
Why anon? Animals are property. You can have a healthy animal put down. Even if you did beat or fuck it, the vet would not be able to prove it was you who did it. Even if the vet had the evidence, they don't want to criminalize people who actually do the right thing to bring their animal to a vet.

I've been working at all different kinds of vet clinics for 5 years and despite obvious abuse, the cops have only been called when people were threatened by knives/guns.
>>
>>2144270
>>2144188
Sorry, app error where your quotes said (you) despite not being (me).

Fuck
>>
>>2144267
are you retarded? OP was actually looking for a way to keep the animals of the torture that his starvation
>>
>Dig shallow grave
>Take kittens
>Put them in grave
>Put dirt back in hole
Geeze, that was tough.
>>
you could probably feed them some rat poison, i guess. Rat poison is designed to kill rats humanely, right? I don't see why it wouldn't work any differently on a feral kitten

I would give them some whiskey before I would do that though, just so they go out feeling buzzed and happy, hopefully. I hate cats but I have a soft spot for kitters
>>
>>2144283
>Rat poison is designed to kill rats humanely, right?
Wrong
>>
>>2144284

Nvm then. I'm a faggot

Buy some heroin from your friendly neighborhood drug dealer and give them each a hit. They'll go to sleep peacefully and then just stop breathing.
>>
>>2144289

Oh and make sure it's HEROIN and not something like cocaine or meth, as it would probably cause them to go crazy and then stroke out. Not a peaceful way to go for an innocent little kitter
>>
It is not at all costly to put down newborn kittens, you can google "small animal home euthanasia" and do it yourself, the entire load of supplies will cost ~$30.
>>
>>2144289
At that point it's cheaper to actually foot the entire bill for euthanasia
>>
>>2144309
>Small animal home euthanasia
It costs around $30 to euthanize a 6-8 lbs adult cat. Assuming these kittens are newborn, they weigh anywhere from 4 to 6 ounces. It would still be cheaper to foot the bill
>>
>>2144143
Get some tylenol and give it to them they should fall asleep then get weak and stop breathing
>>
Check to see if there is any non-profit/no kill cat shelters in your area. They usually will take litters in these situations.
>>
Contact shelters/feral cat rescues. They can either find someone to take them in and care for them or find a vet to put them down much cheaper than you could.

That should be your first option. The ONLY compassionate way to put down a small animal is with co2. Here is a tutorial: http://www.ratfanclub.org/euth.html
It's better if you can find a professional to do it. I would call shelters, vets, etc.

Could you find a picture of a kitten that looks like the same age and post it here?
>>
>>2144170
You don't have it in you to bash their heads in but you do have it in you to snap their necks
>>
>>2144320
Because of rules and regulations regarding these things, OP will probably have to foot the $30 per animal surrender fee.
>>
Opie after reading the entire thread: two options.

Either leave the animals there and let nature take its course or just dump them at the vet's and quickly vacate the area. It's not your fucking problem unless you make it so. Also you're strapped for cash so paying someone to kill an animal that isn't even yours is fucking stupid
>>
>>2144143
Hi op,

All your local shelters and vets, post back what they quote you to take them in until they can fend for themselves then neuter & release. I'll foot the bill. Can do Google wallet or PayPal
>>
Bag 'em, throw it in the river or just smash it about 5 times on some stone corner and throw into trash.
>>
take them to the humane society
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.