[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gonna befriend some crows! Wish me luck /an/ Also crow thread!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 425x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 425x352
Gonna befriend some crows! Wish me luck /an/

Also crow thread! Post crows
>>
How do you plan to befriend them? I love crows OP I wish you luck
>>
>>2144022
Do you plan to make World War Crow 2?
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 404x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 404x366
Are these crows or ravens? How can you tell?
>>
File: crow_vs_raven.jpg (208 KB, 1024x708) Image search: [Google]
crow_vs_raven.jpg
208 KB, 1024x708
>>2144144
Ravens are huge and will fuck you up. Crows are smaller but will nevertheless also fuck you up. Pic related.
>>
>>2144248
I know there's no reference for
size in the pic, but they were fucking huge. I can tell the two apart fairly well if I see them flying, but I'm still trying to get gud at using stuff like plumage, beak size/shape, and calls.

They look like crows, but they were so big. Maybe Yellowstone has bigger crows than I'm used to at home in Los Angeles. As big as or bigger than our ravens even.
>>
>>2144248
Unless you're strayan, no corvids will ever "fuck you up". Unless they recognize you as a reliant food source(as they sometimes do with hunters and farmers), ravens will avoid humans at all costs.
>>
whats the best way to attract crows?

I see them around the neighborhood, but they rarely come to my yard unless it's a foggy day, then they're everywhere.

also what is it with crows and foggy days?
>>
>>2144467
Leave heaps of meat lying on the yard.

It will attract lots of rats, of course, but also crows.
>>
>>2144483
how do I ensure the crows do it before the rats do?
>>
>>2144485
>>2144483
I should clarify, my neighborhood already has a rat problem. see them all over the yard at night and they shit everywhere. pisses me off.
>>
>>2144389
Did they have a beard?
>>
>>2144497
I didn't see any beard, but I know ravens can sometimes have their beards smooth and flat, making them hard to see.

I think I'm still leaning towards huge crow.
>>
>>2144494
The thing is that crows, as intelligent and charming they are, are really just the rats of the sky. Anything that attracts crows will also attract rats, and vice versa.

I'm not saying that high intelligence and charm isn't a rat-like trait, because it definitly is.
>>
>>2144082
This makes me wonder if OP is going to use french fries as bait
>>
Op here! been 2 days and I fed the crowd some leftovers. They seem still cautious but they ate all the food
>>
>>2144965
Perfect
>>
>>2144144
When in doubt it's a crow.
>>
>>2144022
Are they nesting adults, OP? You don't want to waste all that hard work befriending juveniles who will leave you in the fall.
>>
>>2144022
I have a crow bro on my jogging route. Used to leave him food for a month or so, always at the same time, same spot. Few days ago I saw him/her waiting for me. It didn't let me touch it, but almost took the food out of my hand.
>>
Ravens have a wedged tail, and the crow doesn't. The raven also has kind of a neckbeard and a big beak, pic are crows
>>
File: 1416266073617.png (201 KB, 862x911) Image search: [Google]
1416266073617.png
201 KB, 862x911
>>2144022
Dude! Have you seen this?
>>
>>2144464

Ravens will totally fuck with people if they feel they can get away with it.

Not outright attack people, obviously, but divebomb them, snatch shit you leave out on a table, and other bullshit.
>>
>>2146356
I was in that epic bread. I had to wake up my wife in the middle of the night just so she could read the epicness. Nevar forget.
>>
Crows...they're...so black, black as a starless night sky...they siphon your life force with their abyss-like complexion...

Have you ever stared at a crow? I have...once. You only get one time, you know? After you've really stared into the impossible blackness that is a crow...you're never the same again.

Take it from me, kid...just...make sure to enjoy the finer things in life. One day you might just no longer get any enjoyment from them...you never know when a crow will find it's way into your vision...no...into your mind......

Pic not related......
>>
anyone got tips for befriending magpies? Will they leave me presents or is that a rare occurrence?
>>
>>2144485
I put food on top of my garden shed so rats can't get to it easily.
Try hanging it up or putting it on a tall table or something.
>>
>>2144467
Crows are natural edgelords and think fog makes them look cool
>>
>>2146806
Fucking kek
>>
>>2146806
Nevermore...
>>
>>2144467
I think high humidity gets all the worms to show up from the soil.
>>
>>2146356
Best /b/ thread I've read in ages
>>
>>2146356
why do people love this post so much? it is clearly lies
crows are way smarther than to submit to a human
even if you feed them, they hust take you for a fool and bully you
>>
>>2147220
lie or not, it's stupid but funny to think about
>>
>>2147220
Found the tree crow sympathizer.
>>
>>2147035
Nevermore is from the poem The Raven, not The Crow, anon. Unless you're baiting me.
>>
I plan on doing this, too. Every year there's crows that overwinter near here, just a five-minute drive down the road. I'd love to befriend them.

Not enough time this year, but maybe next year.
>>
File: image.jpg (571 KB, 1096x1038) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
571 KB, 1096x1038
>>2147220
Yes! It was all a lie, nothing more. Long live the tree crows!
>>
>>2147300
Tree crow side is the right side.
Never trust a human's folly.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.