[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it really okay to keep snakes in containers like this? I assume
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 236x177) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 236x177
Is it really okay to keep snakes in containers like this? I assume professionals wouldn't use them if not but it seems really fucked up
>>
I wish i had something like that but for mealworms instead
>>
all professionals use them.
>>
>>2143820
Is that just because it's cheap? Would a snake be happy living in a storage bin? I've seen some people do it with their pet snakes I was like huh
>>
>>2143823
>happy
>>
>>2143823
snakes are content as long as they've got a rock to crawl under.
>>
>>2143823
Snakes aren't hamsters or dogs. Some eat only every few months and most barely move except to thermoregulate. They don't need a fancy enclosure. Like the other anon said as long as they have something to hide under and you provide a heat source/humidity requirements depending on the snake, they wont give a fuck.
>>
>>2143818
You can't keep every snake species in a rack
I personally prefer terrariums over racks

I can understand that it looks cruel to someone who doesn't know much about the animals in question
>>
>>2143852
forgot to say that the anons before explained it pretty well
>>
>>2143819

Oh, that's easily done. Go to office supply or hardware type store and check out what they have in the plastic bin aisle. Office supply would more likely have something suitably small. You can pretty much use anything as mealworms cannot climb vertical plastic walls. No need for the tight fit that is required for snake racks either. I haven't kept lids on my mealworm colony containers in years.
>>
>>2143818
For display purposes, a terrarium would be best, but the more sedentary snakes can be kept content and healthy so long as they have access to food and water, warmth, and a sheltered place to hide.
>>
>>2143818
These are fine. Just handle to make sure they're used to people so when you show them off they're not antisocial assbags.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.