[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quick question for you guys. I've been thinking about getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: shiba-inu_04_lg.jpg (18 KB, 622x352) Image search: [Google]
shiba-inu_04_lg.jpg
18 KB, 622x352
Quick question for you guys. I've been thinking about getting a dog for a while, never had one while I was growing up because my mom was allergic. A few days ago I went to the doctor and they put me on a diet to try and lose some weight. Got me thinking that a dog would motivate me to get out and go on walks/jogs/whatever.

I don't really have much experience with dogs, so I guess I'm just looking for beginner information about caring/training. I was thinking something small to medium size, with a medium/average level of energy, affectionate/friendly, but still independent. I did some research and it seems like the shiba inu is a pretty good fit. Anyone have experience with them? Are there any temperamental differences between males/females?

Thanks in advance for the input guys.
>>
A Shiba Inu will make you its bitch.
They're stubborn and won't listen to someone with little to no discipline themselves, like you fatty num-nums.

The dog will get fat and you'll get fatter.
>>
weight loss from activity is overrated. you can't outrun a bad diet.
shiba inus are not very affectionate. they are independent and don't need no man.
>>
with the high likelihood of dog mortality from you accidentally sitting on it, rolling over it in your scooter, eating it, or it getting into your stash of chocolates, I wouldn't recommend getting a dog
>>
>>2143299
>I don't really have much experience with dogs
>it seems like the shiba inu is a pretty good fit.

For fuck's sake.
>>
File: 323424.jpg (44 KB, 600x324) Image search: [Google]
323424.jpg
44 KB, 600x324
>>2143315
Meh
>>
>>2143316

74% of American males are incapable of not being fat.
36% are considered morbidly obese.

You and that website both underestimate the capability of American adults to carry any amount of discipline.
>>
>>2143299
>Never had a dog before
>No experience
>Claims to have done research
>Somehow reached the conclusion a shiba is right
You did no research. You just want a meme dog. A shiba will make you its fucking bitch. It will run your household, destroy your home, and make you the dog.

>>>/reddit/
>>
File: 3dogs.jpg (178 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
3dogs.jpg
178 KB, 1600x1067
>>2143299
OP. I live with a female shiba and a male shiba mix. (probably German Shepard). They have an attitude. They will love you, but they are stubborn and have different mannerisms from other dogs you probably normally interact with.

Honestly, I don't get the hype about them.

I have a lab, beagle mix. He's has a lot of energy, a little whiny, but a solid dude. Just make sure that you are aware of the financial responsibility of a dog. Please, also make sure you have time to give the dog attention. Think about adopting a dog as well. Good luck!

pic of three dogs, hehe.
>>
Guys just stop responding. It's just the latest meme dog bait thread.

It is a good formula and is sure to generate some responses, but it's time to start recognizing what's going on.

>irritating persona (fat guy /gentleman /weeb teens)
>meme dog
>did my research
>indignance

Know the signs
>>
>>2143336
>indignance
???
>>
>>2143339

indignant
adjective
1. feeling, characterized by, or expressing strong displeasure at something considered unjust, offensive, insulting, or base: indignant remarks; an indignant expression on his face.

>>2143316

Meh is an interjection used as an expression of indifference or boredom. It may also mean "be it as it may".[1] It is often regarded as a verbal shrug of the shoulders. The use of the term "meh" shows that the speaker is apathetic, uninterested, or indifferent to the question or subject at hand.
>>
>>2143316
>good for novice owners 4/5

Okay i don't knowwhat website this is but I'll tell right now it's bullshit. You know how how huskies require an experienced trainer and hours on exercise a day? Shibas are just as bad.

Get a lab or a poodle or something.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.