[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have access to a newly formed island and free reign to change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
You have access to a newly formed island and free reign to change the environment and populate it with whatever animals you wish. What is your island like, and what animals live on it?
>>
you forgot to mention the climate.
>>
>>2143191
The island is located wherever would be most convenient for the creatures of your choosing.
>>
Do I have infinite money?
>>
Mudskippers. Mudskippers everywhere. Inland would have Green & Black Iguanas as the dominant herbivore, and Tegus as the dominant predator. Minor species would be various Tree Frogs, Anoles, and Curly Tail Lizards.
>>
>>2143191
kakapo on the ground and kea in the air

yellow banana slugs and coconut crabs everywhere else
>>
I would make a fox island. :3
>>
I'd just copy paste a piece of cloud-rainforest.
>>
>>2143191
Dwarf bread fruit and avocado trees

Also:
>blue duikers
>kakapos
>equadorian super dwarf plantain
>multi-colored finger limes, torch gingers, bird peppers, vanilla, timiz, ugni, cacao, and berry producing plants
>stingless bees
>golden orb spiders

So I guess a subtropical cloud forest environment filled with pygmied fruit trees under massive edible leguminous trees and palms with frugivorous small mammals and frugivorous flightless birds.

A powderpuff animu pre-human New Zealand basically.

Dealing with rattlesnakes and livestock in a dry place here makes me want to go back to the Maui cloudforests but I don't want to deal with the cold, mosquitos, boar, massive deer, wild dogs or really most things that are a threat there so this is it.
>>
Birds. Sloths. Seals.

And once in awhile I'll introduce only one animal. Like a rhino or giraffe. Just to see if they can make it.
>>
>not bringing one of all of the biggest and most vicious animals on the planet for your own Animal Hunger Games

They will be forced to compete for the limited resources I provide.... Yes....
>>
>>2143566
Autism

Personally I'd fill my island with all the largely harmless but delicate weirdos.

Especially sloths and pangolins.
>>
>>2143191
Komodo island 2, reptilian boogalo. The fauna that serve as the island "natives" will be nothing but a ton of different reptiles with similar living requirements and whatever pinnipeds, insects, and birds manage to make it there. Mountainous regions to accommodate both low and highland reptiles alike, swamp and marsh regions for the more aquatic but not quite sea going reptiles, vast stretches of forest for the terrestrial and arboreal reptiles. Fruit and flower bearing trees a fucking plenty. After that I just sit back and hope the future generations don't fuck it up as life adapts to the island.
>>
>>2143191
I'd make a prehistoric Sahara Mediterranean mix.

Dragon blood trees, pines, white wormwood, laurel.

Nile crocs, Pygmy hippos, forest elephants, cape Buffaloes, feral cows, Nile monitors, addax, wild goats, wild sheep, wild ass, short clawed otters,
Red river hogs, red deer
>>
>>2143675
Ah and maybe Syrian or Mongolian brown bears. Small and used to warm climate.
>>
File: tyrannosaurus-rex-info-graphic.png (56 KB, 800x388) Image search: [Google]
tyrannosaurus-rex-info-graphic.png
56 KB, 800x388
How am I the first to list this?

Jungle biome. Dinosaurs.
>>
>>2143252
Fuck off, Josh.
>>
>>2143191
The Isle of Flight. It arises from the sea with massive, steep cliffs and fertile lowlands in the region of Indonesia and quickly becomes populated by all sorts of vegetation including mature Dipterocarp forests. Then the birds - such as White-Throated Needletails, attracted to the intensely high peaks of the island - and Flying Dragon Lizards settle in and Flying Fish populate the waters offshore. I would accelerate evolution through some hocus pocus or selective breeding until the Draco Lizards develop true wings like reptiles past and the Flying Fish actually achieve true flight. If we go further forward in time the island's birds become civilized and create great aerie cities in the Dipterocarps.
>>
>>2143775
Lol didn't even think about it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.