[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>family has 14 year old cat >parents booted him outside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 10592.jpg (57 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
10592.jpg
57 KB, 480x640
>family has 14 year old cat
>parents booted him outside 8 years ago because he peed in the house like twice
>beg them throughout me teenage years to let him back in
>"Don't be silly anon he loves it outside!!"
>can't take him with me right after I move to college because no pets allowed
>2 days ago
>wake up and cat is nowhere on property, small tufts of his fur scattered in the side of the yard

At what point should I be seriously concerned that a predator got him? My family lives in a pretty safe neighborhood and other families have always had outdoor cats that would scurry on our property at times so a possible catfight came to mind, but I've never seen my cat leave our yard in all the years he's been outside. I'm searching assuming the best, any tips on finding him?
>>
>>2142958
Sounds to me like the world has one less cat to worry about.
>>
>>2142958
Cats don't usually fight to the death, they rarely even fight. They just argue until one of them hits the other, and the weaker tom cat leaves.
Cats are not that stupid as other mammals which have this alpha male behaviour - usually all the male birds and mammals fight to the death, because the weaker one is too conceited to run, since running is perceived as a craven act.
>>
>>2142958
>wake up and cat is nowhere on property, small tufts of his fur scattered in the side of the yard
>At what point should I be seriously concerned that a predator got him?

I got bad news for you, friendo. You just found him
>>
>>2142958
>outdoor cat
>probably dead now
Oopsies :^)
>>
>>2143032
>>2143147
I know that's probably the case but I'm not giving up the search til it's been a few weeks.
>>
>>2143031
Wew lad you have to realize animals don't understand complex human emotions like the shame from defeat. Although I'll admit it sounds good, what actually happens is that the cats don't need to fight because they have a set shelter, food and water. The other animals that die fighting are often doing so because if they don't, they would die from starvation, dehydration etc. Territory is a big part of any animal's life, but it's only detrimental to animals that don't have a reliable and consistent food source that will never be 'taken over'.
>>
I hope you find your cat soon Anon :(
>>
I hate people with their fucking memes
>It's a cat for Christ's sake let it go out!
Yeah and let it get hit by a car, eaten by a pitbull or fox.
>>
>>2143291

>cat
>eaten by a fox

Nigger what
>>
one less case of toxoplasmosis to worry about
>>
>>2143301
Fucking this in some countries cats are susceptible to predators but it is more like wolves, big cats, birds of prey and coyotes.
Foxes avoid cats unless they are weak or injured., for a fox a cat is just not worth the bother since cats are usually around the same size or smaller and will be aggressive as fuck with them, especially on their own turf.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPDEGF9OAFo

People should not underestimate cats they are fat stupid domestic aggressive animals that will take on animals much bigger than them.
I have seen some fat ass scarred tom cats chase bigger dogs away.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.