[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recently my cat died and I miss having a cat. I've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: BengalCat_Stella.jpg (47 KB, 681x360) Image search: [Google]
BengalCat_Stella.jpg
47 KB, 681x360
Recently my cat died and I miss having a cat. I've been thinking of getting two new cats. One from whatever breed and one Bengal or Savannah. Does anyone have a Bengal or a Savannah? What are they like? Any problems?
>>
You know how expensive Bengals, and especially Savannahs are, right anon?
>>
And why don't you adopt?
>>
File: 1450725849472.jpg (19 KB, 373x344) Image search: [Google]
1450725849472.jpg
19 KB, 373x344
>>2142638
I know.. Just wanted to see if anybody here had any personal experience with them.
>>
>>2142642
Just making sure. Wouldn't want you to not have done research and realize you need to drop 3000 USD for your kitten.

They are sort of in between a dog and a cat in terms of behavior. They'll require a significant more amount of attention and activity from you than your standard old shelter moggie. You'll want to harness train it, give it lots of play time, and consider investing in a bengal wheel to give it yet another outlet for energy. If not, it is going to destroy your home and be a hellcat. They also should preferably be fed raw, if not a very, VERY high quality food, so expect to incur a lot of costs feeding it.

If you like the laid back, chill nature of cats, then I wouldn't recommend a hybrid. Expect dog levels of commitment... not cat.

Lastly, it will need to be an indoor only / outdoor only on harness cat. If you let it outdoors, someone is going to steal it. That simple. There will be someone who knows the price tag on that kitty.
>>
I've made myself a promise to own a serval in the next few years.
>>
>>2142640
He is a faggot and he cannot take on nigger cats. Why don't you take on black cat cock?
>>
>>2142640
Post pics too u cunt
>>
>>2142751
What the fuck are you talking about anon.
>>
>Savannah
>wiki
>The cats are commonly compared to dogs in their loyalty, and they will follow their owners around the house like a canine.

why would you want a cat that acts like a dog?
>>
>>2142635
I've only had personal experience with a few Bengal cats.
From the Bengals I've known, they turn nearly feral after they hit sexual maturity. That's the actual Bengal cats, not the tabbies that people try to pull off as Bengals. There are a ton of scammers out there so beware. The Bengals I've known also had IBD and disgusting smelling grey liquid poop. Like really it's enough to make you run out of a house in winter. But they are extremely active, the most active cat breed I can think of, and very smart. Like a dog, you'll have to make sure they are physically and mentally stimulated before leaving for long hours. It's the kind of cat where you could make a catio and turn your house into a cat gym and it would actually be used.

I would not suggest a Savannah with another cat or small animal. They have a high prey drive and when they reach sexual maturity, they can get aggressive over 'territory' ie your home. While Bengal cats have spent more time breeding away from their wild counterparts, Savannah cats are still largely an exotic, wild animal.

If you want both I'm assuming you don't have a job and you can't have kids. Two high energy, active, part wild cats under one roof will be your life.
>>
>>2143233
>>2142648 here

The IBD thing with Bengals is helped a bunch with a super, super high quality raw diet. Just wanted to add that since we pretty much said the same thing. You just said the IBD thing without the raw, and me vice-versa.

If OP is here and is actually reading this thread, it's just something I want to stress.
>>
>>2142648
3000? Savannah are like 15000 if you want a 1st or 2nd gen

>>2142642
this experience won't be much help but a local exotic pet dealer has one as a pet in his store be let's walk around by itself. it's a pretty big cat but is super friendly to anyone and follows the owner around most places
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.