[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the chances of a Dog that was put down to wake up because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1461816099861.jpg (10 KB, 228x217) Image search: [Google]
1461816099861.jpg
10 KB, 228x217
What are the chances of a Dog that was put down to wake up because it wasn't successful.
I had my dog put down today and I'm have anxiety over the euthanasia being unsuccessful and her waking up at the crematorium.
The vet checked her heartbeat and there was nothing, how long would she have to check to be 100% sure. Her veins kept blowing out too.
>>
>>2142321
They don't make her sleep and then cremate her you idiot. They put her to sleep and then stop her hearth with an overdose
Actually the chances of the dog not falling asleep and the vet overdosing the dog while it's still awake are high, it happened to mine and I was there to see it
>>
>>2142321
Waking up after heart has stopped due to injection? Zero.
>>
>>2142327
>They don't make her sleep and then cremate her you idiot.
You're attacking a non-existent argument, idiot.
I didn't imply that.
>>
>>2142335
Perhaps it would help if i expanded on the series of events that follow from cessation of pulse. Respiration stops, no more oxygen going to blood, even if blood was still moving, which it isn't. Blood flow to the brain stops. Nervous system shuts down. Organs stop functioning. The entire organic machine stops in a matter of minutes. I assure you it is quite final.
>>
Zero. Euthanasia can fail, but when it does it isn't in a "the dog seems clinically dead but wakes up later" way.
>>
File: wise and old doggo.jpg (104 KB, 668x605) Image search: [Google]
wise and old doggo.jpg
104 KB, 668x605
your doggo passed in peace, anon.

trust the wise and old doggo on this one.
>>
>>2142321
Just so you know, it is not at all uncommon to have this particular thought/anxiety after having your pet euthanize. Think of it as a mild form of denial. Your brain hasn't quite come to grips with the idea of your dog being actually and truly dead. Same thing happened to me when we euthanized our cat and then buried her. I had this persistent worry that she hadn't actually died and we had buried her alive. So I really can sympathize.
>>
>>2142321
lol that dog is fucking dead
we blast their veins with enough pentobarb to kill a manlet and then listen to the heart you retard
fido died in half a tick
it'd be like injecting a quart of poison in terms of overkill
>>
>>2142338
why call him an idiot when you're the one asking retarded questions?
>>
If the vet had injected any significant amount of the euthanasia solution anywhere but in the vein, you would have known it immediately because your dog would've been screaming. It burns like a motherfucker when injected outside of a vein.

Even if your dog was still alive (she wasn't, her heart didn't magically restart), she wouldn't wake up at the crematorium because she wouldn't make it that far. Her body would be wrapped in a plastic bag similar to a thick, colored garbage bag, sealed, and labeled for transport. This is the case even if mass cremation is selected instead of individual. She would have quickly suffocated in the bag, probably before she gained any awareness of where she was.

t. veterinary technician, sorry for your loss.
>>
I had to have the dog I grew up with put down a couple of months ago, and these threads always dredge that shit back up.

Everytime I see the little black blanket bunched up in the bed of my other dog, I think it's her for a moment and then remember her ashes are downstairs.

Wish dogs could live as long as humans.
>>
>>2142321
Shouldn't have paid ed someone else to murder your dog if you cared so much.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.