[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HELP My female cat can't urinate, I know it's a serious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160522_105140.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160522_105140.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
HELP My female cat can't urinate, I know it's a serious matter but I have no money to take her to a vet. PLEASE HELP ME, this is one of the few things that have kept some sort of happiness is my life since recent tragedies. If there is anything I can do that doesn't require a vet or a lot of money please tell.
>>
>>2142240
I'm sorry OP, but urinary tract issues can and often are life and death for cats. There are no options besides intimidate veterinary attention.
>>
>>2142240
enjoy your dead cat

you cant treat Urinary tract infections with home remedies
>>
>>2142240
A UTI nasty enough to stop urination is going to need medical care OP.
>>
>>2142240
>>2142240
I suggest making a budget for your cat or your future cat/pet, and cut prices where you can so you can save some money every month for vet bills
>>
>>2142240
Your cat will die unless you take her to a vet. Sorry, OP.
>>
I have quick simple cure that is sure to fix your kitty right up. Don't listen to these naysayers, they want you to go broke by listening to the frauds in white coats, while I'm here to save you some money as well as your cat's life.

See, all you need to do is mix in a little anti-freeze in your cat's food. It'll help break down the crystals and infection that have developed in its urinary tract. Further, it also works as a mild sedative to calm your cat in these trying times.

Side effects may include your cat sleeping more, but hey, what's wrong with that?

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. I am a doctor, after all.
>>
Better start digging a hole OP

>>2142263
Do you have nothing better to do with your life? Though antifreeze would be a faster death at least
>>
File: facepalm.png (35 KB, 240x144) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.png
35 KB, 240x144
>>2142263
>>
If your cat survives, change its diet. Stop feeding it dry food.or at least add water to soften the dry food
>>
>>2142265
>Do you have nothing better to do with your life?
Besides save lives? Well I guess I could drink instead, but I'm a doctor! I have an obligation!
>>
>>2142263
Trying this, thank you!
>>
File: rly.jpg (14 KB, 294x294) Image search: [Google]
rly.jpg
14 KB, 294x294
>>2142347
>>2142278
samefag lol
>>
>>2142240

Take out credit, or get financial aid for animals. If you're dirt poor, places like Animal Aid can help.
>>
>>2142240
i'm sure you have stuff you can sell to pay for a vet. you have internet access and likely a computer after all. For future reference, don't get a pet if you can't afford a vet.
>>
>>2142273
refreshing the water bowl and having clean, fresh water at all times is more than enough to encourage a cat to drink enough when feeding dry food.

If you're too lazy to do that then get a filtering water fountain.
>>
>>2142245
This. Veterinary technician here, see it all the time. Most of the time it is too late by the time people bring it in due to finances. Likely the vet will just stick the bladder and draw up the urine but then what happens is the cat needs to have this done all the time. Euthanasia would likely be recommended. If you have no money do it yourself, otherwise the cat will have an agonizing slow death anyways. Sorry to be blunt but I can't count how many times I've seen it. Wring its neck you'll be doing it a favor.
>>
Stop feeding cats dry cheapo foods and this won't happen.
>>
>>2142240
Feed to snek
>>
This thread is probably bait but god dammit I hate poorfags with pets.

> help my pet is sick but I have no money!

Fuck off, you deserve the agony for being that stupidly irresponsible in the first place
>>
>>2142240
Is the cat still alive? Not being able to urinate usually kills in under 48 hours
>>
She cant urinate because she need sand
>>
>>2143091
Took him to vet, apparently it's a male work an extremely small genitalia. Took almost all my money
>>
>>2143547
Well done OP. You probably saved his life.
>>
I dealt with this in my male cat a couple of months ago. I was feeding him a combination of dry/wet food, but he's been much better since switching to wet only. Urinary issues are more common in male cats, I guess.
>>
File: 1454616211207.jpg (94 KB, 540x294) Image search: [Google]
1454616211207.jpg
94 KB, 540x294
>>2144998
True fact. The urethra of the male cat is much narrower, meaning it blocks more easily with crystals or stones.

Good job OP, you did right by your cat. Always feed males at least mid-quality wet food and you'll probably never have a problem with blocking unless it's genetically predisposed.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.