[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /an/, /k/romrade here. I have a question that has been a matter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: download (1).jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
11 KB, 300x168
Hi /an/, /k/romrade here. I have a question that has been a matter of great debate. Who would win in a fight, a male African Lion or Male Silverback Gorilla? I'll let you decide the context. But please discuss a battle between two titans
>Lions are the winner of course
>>
>>2142013
gorilla has use of fists
>>
A brown recluse bites both, killing them because it is the most deadliest spider in the world.
>>
>>2142013
Probably the Gorilla. Lions have very thin skulls so one swipe of the gorillas huge arm could probably crack the lions skull open in an instant.
>>
>>2142013
A silverback could probably take on a leopard on a good day, but a lion is a lot more iffy, a much heavier cat, closer to the gorillas weight and more heavily armed.

a particularly aggressive gorilla could probably win, but a lot of people forget when making these matchups gorillas, while extremely strong, are also for the most part placid and prefer to bluff and charge than to actually fight, even outright brawls between gorillas rarely last more than a few seconds before they back down
>>
>>2142013
I was thinking about this yesterday and went for gorilla.

>>2142196
Not only do leopards have a stronger bite force than lions (which you seem to agree a gorilla would take on), a gorilla has a stronger bite force than a lion. Coupled with arms, thumbs, intelligence and strength, defeated or dead lion.
>>
male gorilla
male lions are bitches

female lion might stand a chance though
>>
>>2142013
leopards regularly kill and eat male gorillas.

they wouldn't fight, the gorilla would run. If you forced them to fight the lion would win in seconds.
>>
Lion because what lions travels alone, plus your picture is inaccurate a male lion would sit and watch the gorilla, waiting for the lioness to kill it.

I don't know why these threads are always Silverback Gorillas vs X animal because Gorillas just want to sit in the forest and eat leaves, they are not an aggressive creature.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 804x617) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 804x617
>>2142013
The pure strength and bite force of a gorilla is far greater than that of a lion, on top of this gorillas also are more intelligent and have hands which they could use to break the limbs of a lion easily. Though gorillas are not hunters they won't hesitate to kill if it means defending themselves
>>
Why a lion? Tigers are much stronger than Lions.
>>
>>2142274
its because of their (the gorilla) immense strength and general power. Combine that with the fact that they are peaceful and we cant really SEE a gorilla rek something, we can just imagine it. like i can watch a million brutal elk takedowns by lions, but seeing a gorilla fight something in a stylish way would be harder to find.
>>
>>2142257
Source.
>>
Gorillas are animals of peace. Lions are dangerous ruffians and will kill first and ask questions later
>>
Anyone saying the gorilla would win isn't educated on one or both animals. This isn't even contestable really, the lion would absolutely win. Even leopards usually win against much larger gorillas.

It's also worth mentioning apes are shit fighters. They are extremely inefficient when it comes to killing something quickly. I don't know why everyone here things they are fucking MMA fighters.
>>
>>2142387
Yeah this bigger cat would stand a much better chance
>>
>>2142435
What about Donkey Kong? That nigga got arms as fuck and he boxes in Punch Out on Wii. I bet he'd knock a bitch lion out.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 766x782) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 766x782
>>2142505
>>
>>2142013
>be lion
>meet Silverback
>attack
>get one bite/clawing in before promptly getting hoisted and tossed around like a kitten in a pittbulls cage
>finish with getting my head caved in by giant fists
>wish I weren't natures retard
>>
>>2142528
>wish I weren't natures retard
I've got some bad news for you friend,
>>
>>2142530
Almost got me but I see you have a typo. Haha, checkm8, faggot.
This proves the silverback wins.
>>
>>2142257
I don't think it's even been proven that leopards hunt gorillas, leopards usually hunt smaller animals like baby crocodiles and such
>>
I think a lion is capable of killing a lion but I find it highly unlikely to get a chance. It would need a very strong blow to the head or neck and I just dont seeing it getting a good chance to do that before the lion pounces on it.
>>
>>2142435
>>2142435
You clearly don't know much about these animals as much as the next guy since you seem to also think that leopards hunt gorillas.

While your right apes are very good fighters that doesn't matter much when the incoherent thrashing of a gorilla is more than enough to break and dislocate the bones of any big cat
>>
>>2142013
>Lion leaps onto gorillas neck at 50mph from 20 feet away
>>
>>2142649
Lions lack the muscle to hold down a gorilla and secure the kill
>>
>>2142652
no they don't. The lion is like twice as big and weighs almost twice as much. also lions run and kill things all day while gorilla barely even fight. Also that bite force thing lions mouths are bigger and made for killing things, gorilla probably couldn't even get his head near the lion with that head shape.

Pretty sure you're just trying to start arguments right now
>>
Even in one one one encounters a lion would have fought and killed stuff all his life. All monkeys do is masturbate and watch trees all day.
>>
>>2142013
Lions are overrated. Even a tiger and some other big game can easily kill a lion. Take this from an African that has actually seen such fights happening.

As for silverback gorilla's, they have arms that hit like howitzers and back muscles built like steel cords. The only department gorillas lack in is probably jaw strength.

I think in true combat, the gorilla will end up scratched. But the lion will either have his guts pulled out or neck snapped.
>>
>>2142658
See
>>2142385
>>
>>2142657
All I do is masturbate and read the /plant/ general, so does that make me a monkey?
>>
>>2142251
you are an idiot m8
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.