[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup, /an/. What did I just kill? Is it just some kind of hornet,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160608_170622~2.jpg (177 KB, 1215x917) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160608_170622~2.jpg
177 KB, 1215x917
Sup, /an/.

What did I just kill? Is it just some kind of hornet, or was it something special?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mud_dauber
>>
>>2141421
It's the spirit of times past
>>
>>2141424
Thank you.
Though now I feel bad for killing it, if it's not normally aggressive.
>>
>>2141433
>Not aggressive
>Over 200 confirmed kills
>have taken out (at least) two airliners mid-flight

Yeah no, fuck mud daubers.
>>
>>2141433
You saved some spiders from a horrifying living death, so there's that.
>>
>>2141433
Don't be upset they used to be all over my old house and stung my dogs and kids consistently
>>
>>2141433
OP, just because you love animals, does not mean animals love you back.

Especially mud daubers. In fact you should probably call an exterminator and have them check for nests.
>>
>>2141673
>>2141675
>has to wait at home for exterminator
>has to pay said exterminator
>time and money for something practically harmless
>time and money for inspecting nests that can be handpicked off the wall after autumn

You know it's amazing how wasp myths can sucker so many people into stressing needlessly
>>
>>2141706
How was what I said a myth? I didn't call a exterminator I just knocked the nest down and sprayed the area. After spraying one are they wouldn't go near it again, I let then build over by the back corner of my yard by our garden and that's where I let them be because they didn't bother anything.
>>
>>2141421
One of those built a nest right over the front door of my summer house last July. I waited until it was out of the nest, sprayed a shit ton of raid on the nest and destroyed it. There were 3-4 larvae in the nest. The adult one didn't come back.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.