[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you sleep with your pets /an/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 18
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 512x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 512x287
Do you sleep with your pets /an/?
>>
Yep

Started out with the idea that "dogs are dirty, no dirty dogs in bed", but that changed when I got my puppy. I quickly figured out 1) it was easier for me to take a nap or sleep in if he was with me and couldn't get into trouble, and 2) he slept all the way through the night if he slept with me. I was getting up at 3am consistently before I slept with him because he'd wake up and need to pee and cry. When he slept with me, he never woke up during the night.

It's been like that ever since. Now I feel a little offended if he wants to sleep elsewhere.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (67 KB, 384x494) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
67 KB, 384x494
>wake up
>cat A is wrapped around the top of my head
>cat B is curled up inside the crook of my arm
>mfw
>>
File: kitty.kay.jpg (449 KB, 1600x901) Image search: [Google]
kitty.kay.jpg
449 KB, 1600x901
>>2140999
Unless you're a filthy bastard who only washes your bedding once every six months at best I don't see any problem.
>>
File: WIN_20160520_23_48_47_Pro.jpg (134 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160520_23_48_47_Pro.jpg
134 KB, 1280x960
Two of them sleep in the bed with me, but the two bigger hairier ones sleep on a rug near my bed.
>>
>>2140999
My pup usually sleeps with me. When I start getting into bed, she'll just move to the other end by my feet, and sleep there. Sometimes she sleeps in her dog bed next to mine.
>>
File: ryeuem.jpg (37 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
ryeuem.jpg
37 KB, 400x300
>go to bed
>wake up on the floor
>bed full of cats
>>
Sleeping with your dog is a horrible idea. You need to teach your dog you are the pack leader. The bed is yours. Not theirs. They need to sleep in their bed.

Irresponsible. Fucking Americans.
>>
>>2141203

Pack leader retardation aside, it is a horrible idea to ever let our dog onto a piece of furniture that you might not want them on at some point. Letting them on the bed when they're a puppy is cute, but when they're 100 pounds and trying to squeeze between you and your wife, with their enormous fucking bear paws flaying all over and hitting you in the face repeatedly ... you get the idea. That's a personal example of mine. The couch is another great example. If you're eating or cuddleing you really don't need the dog up there.

The problem is you can't teach your dog WHEN it's appropriate. It is a black and white issue to them. Either it's okay or it's not. If you let them on while you're alone watching TV, they think they're allowed up there all the time

- and get they get confused when you tell them to get down.

Just keep them on the floor. They really don't care as much you think they do, or as much as they seem to.
>>
File: 1452726534560.gif (3 MB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
1452726534560.gif
3 MB, 280x200
>tfw your pets are too small to sleep with
>>
>>2141209
Put a blanket on it.
My aunt's dog never goes on the couch unless there's her blanket on it. It's never warm when they come home, there's never more loose hair on the blanket's spot than the rest, she just doesn't go unless there's the blanket.
>>
>>2141203
>>2141209
Unless you're terrible at training dogs, it's not unreasonable to teach a dog it's only allowed on the furniture when you tell it so. Mine will sit and wait on the floor until you give them permission
>>
>>2141212
Because you're there.
99% of the time, when you teach a dog not to do something, all it learns is not to do it when you're around.
>>
File: 1444267714988.png (879 KB, 519x676) Image search: [Google]
1444267714988.png
879 KB, 519x676
>>2140999
cat yes, dogs not, because letting them sleep in my bed implies that they need to be 100% clean, easy task when your'e living in a departament, not a full house where they can go outside.
They have their own bed in the floor and they're happy with it.

on a side note: how often do you wash your dogs?
>>
>>2141234
>on a side note: how often do you wash your dogs?

About once a month for my adult girl, every 3 weeks for my adolescent. House with fenced in backyard and the rain tends to cause cleanliness issues when it happens.
>>
>>2141134
Those guys look awfully comfy
>>
File: hossy.jpg (218 KB, 753x536) Image search: [Google]
hossy.jpg
218 KB, 753x536
>>2141210
>tfw your pet is too big to sleep with you
>>
My current dog lays in my bed all the time unless I'm in it :(. If he is in it when I go lay down he will get up and go lay on his own bed after a few mins. It has been 6 years or so since I had a dog that would regularly sleep in the bed with me and I miss it.
>>
>>2141291

Our old dog was like this. He was fine on the bed if you were petting him. But as soon as you stopped paying attention to him, he was like "fuck you, I'm out" ... what a jerk.
>>
>>2140999
No because parrots sleep weird
>>
>>2141275
You need a bigger bed.
>>
>>2141213
My dog only asks to get on the furniture when I am here, and we got cameras in the house for break ins so I know.

It's not that hard to teach a dog, stop being lazy. Literally take five minutes out of a few days.
>>
I have a calico cat, she sleeps in my bed sometimes but will leave if I move around too much, hence why I leave the door cracked open so she can slip through. It's comfy to have her, made sleep better in sad times
>>
>>2140999
Yeah.

I don't fall asleep with her there, but when i wake up in the morning, my cat is usually curled up by my feet or in the crook behind my knees.
>>
>>2141203
Butt hurt?
>>
File: IMG_20160609_071521.jpg (909 KB, 2000x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160609_071521.jpg
909 KB, 2000x1836
Yeah... they come in at about 5am.
>>
Cat yes. Dogs no. They spend most of their time outside, and they really build up that dog smell.
>>
File: 1465489218328image.jpg (147 KB, 1300x731) Image search: [Google]
1465489218328image.jpg
147 KB, 1300x731
>Get a new puppy
>Want to crate train her
>The only way I can get her to sleep in the crate is if I lock her in, sit there for ten minutes until she sleeps and sneak away
>Otherwise she cries and cries
>Tiny puppy bladder wakes her up three times a night
>Have to sit there every time
>After about a week and a half just say fuck it
>Leave the crate door open at night
>Sleeps on a pair of pants on the floor instead of nice soft dog bed or in the crate, even if I put pants in the crate
>She's getting strong enough to jump on the bed
>Goes nuts when on the bed, tucking her nose under the covers and flipping them up, rolling around, and pouncing on me any time I move or just standing on my chest and licks at face
>Just won't relax when she's on the bed so have to put her on the floor to sleep
>Give her a chance every day for a week now and it's still PARTYPARTYPARTY every time she gets on the bed

Fucking hyena. I'd have no problem with her sleeping on the bed if she would just relax. When she's a little older and a little more mellowed out then maybe but for now she's perfectly happy on what ever pair of pants I wore that day on the hardwood floor.
>>
>>2141892
Have you tried a long walk before bed?
>>
>>2141897
That's our ritual. 40-60 minute walk, dinner, pee/poo, then I'll go shower then go to bed. The longest she has between the afternoon walk and bedtime is 2 hours. Usually it's around one hour.
>>
>stay at mates house
>go to sleep
>middle of night wake up
>look over at weight on body
>mates cat is sitting on me
>look at cat
>cat looks at me
>both think meh whatever
>go to sleep
>cat sleeps
No fucks given
>>
File: 20160303_040746.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160303_040746.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>
File: 20160303_105909.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160303_105909.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>2142101
12 hours later
>>
>>2142103
nigga thats lood
>>
>>2142101
>>2142103
>12 hours
Your pup really holding it that long? Or did you walk him out in the mean time?
>>
File: cavalo.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
cavalo.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>2141275

You're not trying hard enough.
>>
File: Admiral cuddles.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
Admiral cuddles.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
Not in bed often, but she will typically stretch out on the floor right next to my side of the bed and poke her head up for me to pet.

Here she is cuddling with me this past winter.
>>
>>2141892
Dogs being crazy on the bed isn't something you can fix or train out of them. It's the bed itself. How it's squishy under their paws. They can't stabilize on it, and it keeps them wired since they can't relax.

I have one dog, much older dog, always welcomed on the bed, STILL can't just chill out. She will lay down, but her movements are very jerky. Lots of whiplash head turns and flying paws.

I have a younger dog around 6 months, same breed, same upbringing, was happily relaxing and cuddling at 4 months old on the bed.

Depends on the dog. But it's pretty common that they don't like beds and won't relax on them. More often, even when they do cuddle and lay down, they will get off the bed to actually sleep once you stop paying attention to them. Because beds are really not natural.
>>
Yeah I sleep with my two cats most of the time.
They are not big cats, they are actually pretty small yet the two bitches somehow take up most of the room of my queen sized bed.
I am usually sleeping on the edge with one of them curled beside me, it seems when I move away she moves closer.

When I am playing games in my office char, my lap becomes the prized sleeping spot of all my cats, the top cat usually claims this spot but some of the others sneak in but if caught will feel her wrath.
>>
my dog sleeps between my legs with his head resting next to my balls

i guess its warm or something
>>
>>2142187
Mine likes to nap on my waterbed. Maybe he just likes the fact it's heated.
>>
Cat yes (indoor cat), dog no, because she goes outside 3 times a day so she's too dirty for a bed.
>>
File: DSC_0232.jpg (368 KB, 1500x843) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0232.jpg
368 KB, 1500x843
>>
>>2142726
What kind of a bird is that?
>>
>>2141234
Cats are filthy and have worms. You are retarded if you think they are cleaner because they don't go outdoors.
>>
File: leg_warmer.jpg (4 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
leg_warmer.jpg
4 MB, 4160x3120
Yes. He sleeps wherever he wants, always next to the bed's owner, never on top.
>>
File: DSC_0289.jpg (398 KB, 1500x843) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0289.jpg
398 KB, 1500x843
>>2142733
It's a chicken:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbu_d%27Anvers
>>
>>2142734
Unless your cat is decrepid and doesn't clean itself right, inside cats aren't any dirtier than people are. Sometimes mine will scratch in her box and the jump up on the bed though, at which point it gets thrown onto the floor. Cats are too cozy not to sleep with, and they don't have that innate reek that all dogs do. If you sleep with dogs you inevitably smell like shit when you wake up.
>>
My cat likes to sleep with me. She likes to start by sitting on my chest and getting pets, and when she's done of that and ready to get serious about bed, she get's off and crawls under the blanket before notching herself in the crook of my arm and sleeping. Very happy kitty.
>>
>>2141209
Holy fucking shit your stupid
>>
Yes.

>Close door
>Cat starts screaming bloody murder until I let her in
>Tries to get under the covers when it's fucking summer
>Wakes me up at dinglefuck o'clock in the morning to feed her
>>
Nah, my dog is crate trained so she sleeps in her own bed downstairs. She likes to nap on my bed when I'm playing video games in my room, even though she's technically not allowed upstairs.
>>
>>2140999
>Do you sleep with your pets /an/?

Dog on the floor, near me, yes. Not in the bed. I give him towels to sleep on (he doesn't like floofier stuff.)

I appreciate that some people do the animals in the bed thing and like it, but that would drive me fucking insane. I don't think my dog would like it either desu.

If it's a thunderstorm he sometimes hides under the bed and I dangle my arm down to let him know I'm there. If he's really shaking I might sit on the floor with him for a while.
>>
>>2142821

>dinglefuck o'o'clock

My heart
>>
File: le dog.jpg (139 KB, 1111x624) Image search: [Google]
le dog.jpg
139 KB, 1111x624
yep ^_^
>>
>>2140999
I let my cats sleep in my bed, dog on the other hand seems unsanitary
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.