[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a polite way to tell someone their turtles don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 6995117_m.jpg (92 KB, 637x752) Image search: [Google]
6995117_m.jpg
92 KB, 637x752
What's a polite way to tell someone their turtles don't grow to the size of their habitat, after they talk back to you, saying they moved one to a bigger tank and witnessed it grow?

I sell pets and it's infuriating when, one second, you're being asked habitat advice and the next, they're "educating" you.
Fuckers just want someone to agree with.

Am I wrong, /an/?
>>
No its gonna die
>>
>>2140886
You're not wrong, of course. You can print out a solid reputable article that states the facts and give it to them. Beyond that there is no benefit in arguing with fools. The more foolish the person the more adament they will be that their false beliefs are correct.
>>
>>2140886
Flat out refuse to sell them the pet, if you need to, literally tell them that you can not in all good conscience hand over a living creature to someone who is an animal Hitler that will keep them their whole lives in a torture chamber.

I see the same thing all the time about goldfish and bettas in the aquarium general here on /an/. I have read some true horror stories.

"Hurrr, bettas live in puddles and rice paddies in the wild! So it's fine keeping them in a tiny vase with some plant roots to eat. What do you mean rice paddies are miles long, and have thousands of gallons of water moving through them every minute? What's an obligate carnivore?"

"Durrr, goldfish never outgrow their tank! What do you mean they are domesticated carp, just like koi? What do you mean they can live for over 20 years and can grow over a foot long? LOL, yer a liar, the oldest goldfish I ever had was two years old and never grew larger than an inch!"
>>
>>2140886
realize that your wages are not paid by good pet owners - they buy animals and equipment like once a decade.

rather you're paid by the people that buy animals and then kill them only to come back for more. And the stupider they are the more often they pay.

then understand that you yourself are just a dealer in living sacrifices to the gods of incompetence, and ask yourself if this is what you're meant to be doing.

then get a job waiting tables, at least there you're selling animals that are already dead.
>>
>>2140914
Sadly this. I have a turtle myself and ever since I've done my research on the thing, I find myself only going to the pet shop for food, conditioners, or small purchases; spending no more than maybe 20 bucks every few months unless I felt inclined enough to get some decor for my amusement rather than the turtle.

That's less profit than the shits who come by every few weeks buying more fish or another reptile because theirs died for unknown reasons. The only thing I can suggest is help educated the redeemable ones, because chances are even if you manage to educate said adamant shits, they're either gonna not listen to you anyway or end up releasing the thing because they can't be assed when they see how much a big ass aquarium, filter and shit costs to keep it alive for the rest of its life. (You'll be absurdly lucky if they decide to give it away to someone who does give a shit about it or God forbid actually end up loving it enough to see it through)
>>
>>2140886
Look up the science behind it. That tends to get people to shut up when you understand exactly what is going on.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.