[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is this? My dad was telling me that my cat had a tick, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 20160607_140415.jpg (605 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
20160607_140415.jpg
605 KB, 2000x2000
What is this? My dad was telling me that my cat had a tick, but he's had this for as long as I can remember in recent memory.
>>
File: 20160607_140307.jpg (751 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
20160607_140307.jpg
751 KB, 2000x2000
>>
tumor, probably fine
>>
>>2140491
He is 11 years old so could something like this have developed over time?
>>
>>2140493

Yes. You could take him to a vet to confirm.
>>
>>2140495
I'm 100% sure he's been to a vet while he's had this and they didn't say anything. I'm trying to appease my father right now because he thinks it's a tick.
>>
>>2140497

I'm not sure what to say about that. He could get a magnifying glass? It doesn't look like a tick to me.

You could just check to see if it merges with the skin on all sides. Ticks just dig in at their head... they don't magically merge with the skin on all sides of their body. Also, the hair doesn't vanish under the tick, and it doesn't look like there's any hair under that.
>>
>>2140499
Alright, thank you very much. After researching the lifespan and feeding times of tick I can conclude that it's extremely unlikely to be a tick since he's had it for so long.
>>
>>2140497
Take him to the vet. If you ask nice, a tech can look at it and tell you if it is a tick or not.
>>
File: 268.png (9 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
268.png
9 KB, 300x100
>>2140488
>>
>>2140505
>>2140506
Or I could use other peoples knowledge combined with my own research and common sense to conclude what it is and not have to traumatize my cat by shoving him in a cat carrier, shoving the cat carrier inside a cage of metal flying at 55 mph, and then lugging him inside a foreign building full of other animals and strange people.
>>
>>2140511
>or I could let my cat die because I was playing doctor on the internet
Ftfy
>>
>>2140513
>vet
>doctor
pick one

If my cat dies from the lump on his chin that he's had as long as I can remember, I'll make sure to go and ask a vet about it.

Thanks to the first guy who was helpful.
>>
>>2140516
you do know vet school is more competitive than med school and they go to school for the same amount of time right
>>
>>2140516
Every person who has told you to see a vet has been helpful. You are just an arrogant moron who doesn't want to Incontinence himself for an animal he supposedly loves. Take the damn cat to the vet. The cat will get over the vet trip. It might not get over whatever is on its chin.
>>
ITT: Pic related.
>>
>>2140544
can confirm
am trying to get into vet college in my province it's fucking ridiculous.
>>
my dog has a couple of bumps that look like that. i forget what they're called, but the vet said not to worry about them unless they break open.

you should still have a vet look at them, but i don't think it's an emergency.
>>
That's a blackhead.
Looks like a pore of winer.
Fucking gross.
>>
>>2140700
>pore of winer.
kek
>>
File: autism.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
>>2140511
>Anons suggest options to help his cat
>Has an emotional breakdown

Wow OP, you might have some issues
>>
>>2140506
LOL, I remember drawing that. If I had known how popular it would become I would have put in more effort.

I still can't believe someone turned it into a banner, of all things.
>>
>>2140913
it wouldn't be half as cool if you did a better job
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.