[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So even though I'm aware that every dog is different and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7
File: 370full-useless-dog-poster.jpg (22 KB, 370x228) Image search: [Google]
370full-useless-dog-poster.jpg
22 KB, 370x228
So even though I'm aware that every dog is different and much depends on their upbringing, nevertheless I'm breedbrowsing to know what to lean towards or not take into general consideration, and I've come to the conclusion that there are only two types of dogs in the world: those that were bred for a use and look normal but have a complicated temperament or energy level, or those that are friendly but look like purse accessories. Are there any dog breeds that are healthy and normal looking, but completely useless and therefore untemperamental? Kinda like a bulldog with a non-crippled nose?
>>
File: 1465232473351.jpg (58 KB, 718x705) Image search: [Google]
1465232473351.jpg
58 KB, 718x705
>>2139923
yes, mutts
>>
Cavalier King Charles spaniels are cute but not small enough that they're "accessories" and consistently recommended as the best companion dog. Maybe check out greyhounds as well? They need an occasional sprint but apart from that they're super lazy
>>
File: Non-Sporting Group.png (536 KB, 895x766) Image search: [Google]
Non-Sporting Group.png
536 KB, 895x766
Many Non-Sporting breeds fit that description
>>
File: 5f.jpg (19 KB, 236x283) Image search: [Google]
5f.jpg
19 KB, 236x283
>>2140148
>>2140148
>Poodle
>Non sporting group
>>
>>2139923
Just find a good lab/golden breeder.
>>
File: Sloth-Goonies-Hey-You-Guys-07.jpg (42 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Sloth-Goonies-Hey-You-Guys-07.jpg
42 KB, 620x349
>>2140029
> HEYY YOOUU GUUUYYYYS
>>
>>2139923
> what is a lab
> what is a golden retriever
> what is a boxer
> what is almost every mutt
Are you literally retarded?
>>
Giant breeds are often very placid and low energy, and many sighthounds don't need especially long walks and are laidback and quiet at home. Labs and golden retrievers are not low energy as such, but they tend to be quite uncomplicated dogs that are keen to please. As a general rule, any low-energy dog breed will still need at least a couple of 20-30 minute strolls a day to keep them happy and healthy and there's no breed of dog that's guaranteed to remain well-mannered with zero effort from the owner, but there are plenty of non-temperamental dogs that are fairly low energy.
>>
>>2141763
Sighthounds don't need long walks, but I can guarantee they're not truly happy without alot of running/chasing.
>>
File: CAM00193.jpg (318 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
CAM00193.jpg
318 KB, 1536x2048
Airedales are awesome, though big and need some mental stimulation.

An alright bred pitbull are also very sweet dogs but are prone to high prey drives, so try to get one that has been raised around all kinds of animals.

Boxers are hyper until around 10, would not really recommend unless you are out doors a lot.

Then there's your basics like labs, german shepherds, aussies, hounds. All of them usually need some mental stimulation, but honestly, as long as you get a breed that isn't stubborn and have extremely high energy demands, it's really going to come down to training.

Luckily there's lots of youtubers that provide really easy things you can do in 5 or so minutes with most dogs.

Pic related is my pit/lab mix who is a very well balanced good girl. Zacgeorge on YouTube helped a LOT with that.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>2140148
My Boston terrier is deformed as shit but useless as shit. Too chill for me.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.