[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
found bird
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: R1v3lZm.jpg (397 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
R1v3lZm.jpg
397 KB, 2592x1944
what do
pls help

pic related, it's the bird in question
>>
make sure it is warm

you should contact a local animal shelter, if not then you now have a new pet when you figure out how to feed it
>>
Keep it warm, dip your finger in water and let the chick drink that, feed it soggy strands of bread or something

In the meantime find a refuge or sanctuary, unless you're really confident you can keep it not only alive, but also happy
>>
I can't tell what kind of bird it is but feed it cat or dog (preferably cat) food soaked in water, make it into a mushy oatmeal-like consistency
>>
>>2139489
Fed it a bread/water mix with a q-tip; haven't tried the dipping my finger in water thing, but I read that it could die if I try to give it any water?

A site stated that water will only go down their lungs (source: .http://www.2ndchance.info/insecteater.htm)

>>2139477
It's covered up in a new towel and sitting in a shoebox.

I'm still planning to take it to a vet or animal shelter, but nothing's open on Sundays.

>>2139543
I'll try that tomorrow if anything. Don't know if I should continue attempting to feed it or let it rest.
>>
>>2139458
found it where? was there a nest just above where you found it?
>>
>>2139598
No, unfortunately. I'd have left it if I found a nest near it.

I found it when I went for a jog around a middle school nearby (I planned on using their track, but turns out it's closed off to the public on Sundays). It was under a roof, but there were no nests around or above it.
>>
>>2139458
sure looks like a sparrow to me

just call the DNR and they will be able to recommend a crazy bird lady within an hour or two of you

take it to her house which will be full of tupperware containers serving as surrogate nests of dozens of screaming, shrieking little bastards

if she's not busy ask to see her raptors, there will be a redtail or a barn owl in an enclosure in the yard. you might be able to snag an owl pellet or something
>>
>>2139458
it will die.
Sorry.

My cat used to bring me live baby birds all the time and i would try raise them and they would die eventually
>>
Dear Jesus don't feed it bread and don't give it water. Baby birds can drown easily because the mechanism that shuts when they have food in their mouth doesn't shut when you put water in their throat and it goes into the lungs. Bread is very bad for babies, it has no nutrition and baby birds need a lot of protein. You have to find out what kind of bird it is to even know their diet. They could eat seeds or they could eat insects. If you must feed it something, soak cat food in warm NOT HOT water. Give her it with a tweezer, don't force it down her throat. Please find a wildlife rehabber for it, or it will be dead in a few days. It's probably too late by now, but next time If you find a nestling try to put it back in the nest or if you can't find a nest, nail a bucket with holes in the bottom to the tree where you found it and place towels in it and then put the baby in. Observe from a distance to see if the parents feed it. It could take hours. Don't try to take car elf it yourself,baby birds eat every few minutes when they're this young and every hour as fledglings. Handle it as little as possible because it may not look like it but handling it will stress it out a lot to the point of death.
For the time being place it in a cardboard box with some towels and paper towels around it and put a heating pad on low under half of the box. Keep it away from humans and pets and in a quiet place until you find a rehabber.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.