[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of you ever had a pet baptized? I wanted to have it done
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: bapp.jpg (310 KB, 960x722) Image search: [Google]
bapp.jpg
310 KB, 960x722
Any of you ever had a pet baptized? I wanted to have it done for my cat since it would break my heart if he went to hell when he died, but my pastor refuses to do it, not sure what my options are at this point.
>>
Allah is the one and only God.
>>
Pets don't go to heaven or hell you roody-poo, they don't have souls.
>>
File: eternal cat.jpg (2 MB, 2001x3476) Image search: [Google]
eternal cat.jpg
2 MB, 2001x3476
>Christian silliness

For goodness sakes, those people don't even believe animals HAVE souls. All you have to do to ensure your cat's happiness in the afterlife is preserve its body and entomb it with food, toys, catnip and an armed guard of living slaves to protect it in the land of the dead.
>>
Now selling holy pond water, sanctified by 4 out if 5 priests. Buy it for YOUR AQUARIUM! and watch your fish go mad...with joy!
>>
All cats go to hell regardless.
>>
Catholic priests will do pet blessing events. It won't help since your cat is probably a huge faggot.
>>
my cats name is allah
>>
>>2138789
Baptism is for humans. Animals have no sin. Your cat is going to Heaven. Worry about your soul instead.

See this video and convert to tradicional Catholicism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS7zkzNHpq4
>>
File: NEVER EVER.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>2138852
>convert to heresy that puts idols before God
>>
>>2138836
This, Catholic Church will accept your pet
>>
>>2138836
Priest actually blessed my dog with holy water as a puppy when I asked him too.
>>
>>2138888
Doesn't the Catholic Church say that animals have no sous or something?
>>
>>2138886
>He doesn't know what he's talking about.
>He's lost his way from the one true and apostolic church that Christ himself established.
It's okay. I forgive you, and I'm sure the Lord does as well. Just remember to seek out your salvation and do some good things with your life.
>>2138888
>>2138940
>>2138949
Blessing is different from baptizing, but yeah, they do pet blessing and all that. They do motorcycle blessing for some biker gangs too. It's all fun and gravy and not at all like those uptight protestants.
>>
>>2138789
i done it once, my mother got mad because she thinks i'm water curing to the cat.
>>
>>2138789
What the fuck. Are you people sound of mind?
>>
>>2138986
What are you an irresponsible pet owner?
>>
File: 1271052336001.jpg (120 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1271052336001.jpg
120 KB, 640x427
>>2138789
>the priest didn't bother to tell OP the basic things although it's their job
What do you think baptism is? Some sort of lucky charm? Why do you think Jesus himself did it only after 40 day of fast in the age of 30? It's a bunch of pledges to God, why do you think your cat needs that?
>but infant baptizing
While it sounds like the same deal as baptizing pets, the rite appoints two god-parents which mission is life-long care about religious education of the kid and also possible adoption in the case of birth patents dying. Made sense back in the days full of pandemic infections.

tl;dr ask politely for a prayer and/or blessing, it's enough. Please made sure your cat has all the shots and a microchip and all the cat health things it needs so you wouldn't be a huge hypocrite.
>>
>>2139116
Putting microchips in a living thing is defiling God's creation.
>>
>>2139119
The idea was about defiling the "temple of God" which is human body for God's spirit in the case they are Christian, but whatever you say if you keep it indoors away from the cars, thiefs and stray dogs.
>>
>>2138949
Nah man, that's what they say about gay animals
>>
>>2138789
Why would god send animals to hell when they're not baptized?
Most animals probably don't know anything about ethics or sin.

This is the shittiest bait I've read here, or you're have a very retarded look on religion.
Atleast your pastor has some sense.
>>
>>2140681
'cuz if you go to Heaven and there are no pets, it's not Heaven.
>>
>>2140682
I know the feeling bro.
>>
Don't believe animals follow religion-correct me if I'm wrong but animals rely about id say 90% on instinct(don't quote me on that)
>>
>>2138789
I-i uh, well i mist my tropical geckos with divine waters once daily so that good shedding will be bestowed upon them. May old skin come off smoothly and in one piece so sayeth the reptilian god of moulting. Let no shed be left sticking, amen.
>>
I believe it is in God's power to make and unmake your cat any given moment, and it will be the very same cat. God can make your cat for you in Heaven.
>>
>>2138789
Cats don't have souls so don't worry about it, when it dies then it goes into oblivion.
Get a dog and worry about that instead
>>
Reminder that all dogs go to heaven. Protestants can fight me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDI0vn83Y-g&list=PLeXS0cAkuTPpJ6j3eH59WudJhJ4q1tpwH&index=2
>>
>>2141430
There was a retired priest that used to come to my church and give mass sometimes. He was blind and had a very cute little yellow lab that was with him the whole time. :)
>>
>>2138836
Will they do reptiles?
I'd like to get my beardies blessed
>>2138949
They have souls, but not rational ones like humans do.
>>2141442
That's cute
>>
>Should I baptise my pet

Do you even your own religion bruh?
Baptism was invented to cleanse humans from the stain left in our race when Adam and Eve disobeyed God back at Eden. So 1. No you don't have to Baptise your pet and
2. Learn your own religion
>>
>>2141690
What if I have a pet snake?
>>
>>2142138
The stain was left on humans, nothing is specifically said about the snake as far as I'm concerned. Then again I'm not religious so I could be wrong
>>
>>2142144
The snake was cursed to crawl on its belly, if I baptized it maybe it could walk properly again.
>>
>>2142138
What does that have to do with anything?

>>2141690
You know, I never thought that people here would actually so ignorant as to the reasoning behind baptism, but now it's making sense.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.