[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tiger Temple shut down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: tigers.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
tigers.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
>In late May 2016, police and wildlife officials began an operation to remove all living tigers at Tiger Temple. During the operation, officials found over 40 tiger cub corpses as well as numerous body parts from other animals preserved in freezers. According to a representative of the Department of National Parks, the tiger cubs had died only a short time before the raid. The temple however had not reported the birth of any tigers for months. This was seens as a sign for hidden illegal breeding. Some twelve living hornbills were also confiscated as being possessed without license.[15] The abbot's secretary was stopped from leaving the site with over 1000 amulets containing little pieces of tiger skin, two whole tiger skins and ten tiger fangs. He and four other persons are investigated for alleged wildlife smuggling.The Temple was closed to the public at the beginning of the raid. On 3 June, another thirty carcasses of tiger cubs were found in containers with English-language labels, suggesting that the might have been for sale.
>>
>>2138496
>trusting gooks and chinks
>ever
>>
I have heard some interesting stories of those SEA monks. They seem not all that averse to money.
>>
>>2139800
>trusting gooks and chinks
>with animal welfare
It doesn't even matter if they are monks, the yellow man can be quite the savage.
>>
as far as i understand, they kept tigers as cattles and killed them for body parts.
I cant really see whats wrong with it, isnt that the same we do to cows and chickens?
>>
>>2139807
I don't think domestic animals are very high profit for organized crime.

Yes you can say that it need not be illegal. But the poachers don't care if the tiger comes from a farm (which is questionable anyway) or from it's natural habitat.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2014-03/31/content_17390851.htm
>>
>>2139807
Cows and chicken aren't endangered
>>
>>2138496
>40 tiger cub corpses as well as numerous body parts from other animals preserved in freezers.

Their explanation for the cubs is actually reasonable, they died and were kept as proof that they weren't being sold on the black market.

Everything else is sketchy as fuck.
>>
>>2139816
so isnt it even better to breed tigers at farm, to satisfy demands for tigers bodyparts and making poacher job unatractive?
>>
>>2139833
I don't think this is like drugs. It's impossible to have a drug-free world.

It's not easy but it's possible to have a magic-bone-powder-that-does-nothing-free world.

If not other way, it will happen when the tiger is extinct.
>>
>>2139837
magic-bone-powder-that-does-nothing-free world can be acchieved through better education.
In the meantime, I think its not a bad idea to breed tigers in captivity to satisfy the demand and spare wild tigers.
I simply cant see how its any worse than keeping cattle
>>
>>2139842
That isn't going to stop poachers and save the wild ones. Commercialize tiger parts and poachers won't change. It will cost them money to raise tigers when they can just go out and shoot wild ones.
>>
>>2139853
if poachers get competition from raised tigers, the market value for tiger bodyparts will fall, making poaching less profitable
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.