[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mom just brought home 2 4-5 inch koi she bought presumably off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: koi.jpg (106 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
koi.jpg
106 KB, 500x375
Mom just brought home 2 4-5 inch koi she bought presumably off a streetcorner in LA. How the hell do I house these things so that they dont die immediately

They're currently upstairs in a 10 gallon tank with a soon-to-be eaten ghost shrimp. We have a 50 gallon tank downstairs but that one has 15 or so mollie/platy in it

I live in a desert-y area so I dont know if i'll be able to find someone to hand these fish off to later when everyone has lost interest in them. The fuck do I do? We simply do have the space for a 300 gallon tank, let alone a pond
>>
put a bunch of ice in a bag, stick the fish in there and throw it out. The ice will cause the fish to go hypothermic and then die painlessly. Then tell your mom to stop being an impulsive idiot
>>
>>2137159
Carps are extremely resistant to cold temperatures.
If you use this method chances are that they'll fall asleep and reawaken in your trash can.
>>
>>2137162

or it gets encased in ice, slips out of the trashcan while being loaded onto a truck and falls into a drainage pipe which leads into the ocean until it joins with a glacier, thousands of years later the glacier melts an the fish awakens in an exotic, future world filled with adventure

either way problem solved
>>
not even taking into account that it's getting up to 112 degrees where i live, what if i dont want to kill them?
>>
>>2137179
Maybe a fish store will accept them.
>>
>>2137179
Then I suggest you enjoy your shitty fish dilemma where they'll die of poor health anyway.
>>
>>2137181
Yeah, see if your local aquarium store (read: not fucking Petco) and see if they'll take them in.
>>
>>2137134
Are you sure they're not shubunkin or colorful goldfish or comets? LOL op
>>
>>2137134
1 Look for a pond with carps
2 Since Kois are just a fancy breed of carp release it there
3 Don't buy another animal
>>
fish dinner m8
>>
send it out, and then switch your main pet to one that uses something other than splash.

eventually it will evolve
>>
File: DSC00219.jpg (773 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSC00219.jpg
773 KB, 1920x1080
>>2138464
Im not sure, you tell me

yes I know the tank is filthy, it's upstairs in near-direct desert sunlight
>>
File: DSC00223.jpg (899 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSC00223.jpg
899 KB, 1920x1080
pretty sure they're koi. Shubunkin dont have the same mouth I think
>>
>>2137134
Use Clove Oil or send it to a pet store.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.