[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk scary shit, I go first, See this superworm?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: superworm.jpg (153 KB, 1051x1414) Image search: [Google]
superworm.jpg
153 KB, 1051x1414
Let's talk scary shit,

I go first,
See this superworm? I got about 20 of them.
I went out of town for a week or so, and I left them how I bought them, in this plastic container.

I come back home. They chewed a hole through it. Some freak accident. My 6 years of having them, first time this happened.

I come back, I want to feed my gecko a little treat.
They all gone except one in there, who is in pupa stage.
I look down, I see two in a corner by my guitar. Pupa.

I need to go on a nice little hunt for them before they morph.
>>
>>2137098
>Be me, teenager
>Catch an alligator lizard to have as a 'pet' for a few weeks before letting it go
>About 3 or 4 days before I'm going to let it out, if gives live birth in the tank to six babies
>Fuckin stoked and start looking up caresheets for the babies after I move the mom to outside
>Says they can basically eat anything that's small enough, but especially love soft bugs like crickets
>Head to the petshop and get the smallest crickets I can
>Get home and dump them in the cage (only about ten of them) then start doing my homework
>Come back to check on them about an hour later and two of the babies are dead
I feel bad but I figure there must have been something wrong from the get-go, so I remove them and make sure the other four are healthy
>Go to bed, and the next morning another one is dead
>I'm distraught at this point and wondering what the fuck is going on
>Getting ready to reach in and grab the dead one when I notice one of the babies going after a cricket
>I think 'ok, best let him eat, then I'll take the other one out'
>Little bro is getting up close, ready to grab the cricket, when suddenly the cricket does a 180 and sticks it's but near the babies face and then squirts some weird black liquid that looks like tar
>I watch helplessly as the baby proceeds to have a full out seizure, flip on it's back, and die
>I flip out and remove the last of the babies and just let them outside in the bushes before the crickets can kill them

I have looked in libraries, asked in generals, petshops, searched google for hours, and I STILL have yet to find ANY fucking other accounts of this.

It freaks me the hell out man, and I've never seen it done since. Crickets are you're usual go-to meal for lizards, and even on youtube channels that's what they feed babies.
>>
>>2137098

Yeah they can chew through those thin deli cups the store packages in them given even time. Especially so if they can get to one of the air holes on the lid and use that as a starter bit for chewing. They're pretty cool looking in beetle stage and harmless. Probably will be easier to find after they come out of pupa.
>>
>>2137102
Never heard of that thats interesting
>>
>>2137228
Not surprised. Like I said, been looking for years and still haven't found any other mentionings of it.
>>
>>2137102
redorbit.com/news/science/1728045/crickets_use_blood_and_guts_defense_to_thwart_predators/
>toxic blood
literally 5 seconds on DDG. and that's the search engine that gives crappy results almost every time. you just suck a million dicks at research dude.
>>
> Be me, back around 20 or so
> never seen house centipede before
> home from college, hanging with friends in my old room at parents house
> hey anon, youwannagethigh.bmp
> Yes
> go outside and blaze, come back in and watch TV
> high friend laying on couch
> look over and see bug sized space alium crawling on friends chest
> DUDE
> shitstorm ensues
> learned later it was a house centipede
> heart stopping fear
>>
>be me, keep dubia roaches
>one molts into an adult male
>still white-ish, other roaches are eating his wings
>lives, but with gimped wings
>made sure they're fed regularly ever since
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.