[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Found a Robin fledgling on my back lawn. Can't find its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: American Robin fledgling.jpg (38 KB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
American Robin fledgling.jpg
38 KB, 400x286
Found a Robin fledgling on my back lawn. Can't find its nest to put it back in. What should I do?
>>
>>2136002
Thought I should give some more info. It keeps opening its mouth as if it's wanting something to eat. What should I give it?
>>
Give it the d
>>
leave it the piss alone you dumb motherfucker
>>
>>2136008
Leave it sitting on my lawn for my dogs to eat. Good idea.

Anyway my dad's a fucking mongoloid and placed it on a branch and it's fallen to the floor on the other side of our fence so I guess it's fucked.
>>
>>2136010
It's parents will hear it crying and take care of it, don't worry about it.

In the future though, if they have most of their feathers like the one in your pic, just move it to a spot where your dogs and animals can't get to it. Maybe even put a squared off gate around it, then just leave it be.

It's parents are teaching it to fly and will stay with it till it can fly.
>>
>>2136010
your dog is like "fuck you, man" right now.
>>
If it fell out of its nest, it's fucked unless it turns into a badass and starts fending for itself until it can fly. if you find the nest and put it back it could save it
>>
>>2136051
confirmed for not knowing how birds work.
>>
>>2136010
>Leave it sitting on my lawn for my dogs to eat. Good idea.
bitch I didn't set up this situation. you can put it back or you can kill it, those are the only two options.
>>
STOP FUCKING POSTING
>FOUND A BIRD
THREADS

IF YOU SEE A FUCKING BIRD, IGNORE IT.

LET NATURE TAKE IT'S FUCKING COURSE
>>
>>2136010
The bird was fucked to begin with moron. You were the only mongoloid here for picking it up and taking it inside like an idiot. It's a wild fucking bird. They die constantly and most don't live.
>>
Set it in a bush or small tree.

Observe it for an hour or two and see if the birds parents are coming and feeding it.
>>
>>2136063

erry spring we get a lot of these
>>
>>2136065
I did tell him to just leave it, but he wouldn't listen.
He also tried to feed it dog food, which I also told him not to do.
>>
I love u /an/.
>>
File: 20160602_162538.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160602_162538.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
I'm not fucking with this bird but its parents are new to my backyard and I'm trying to figure out what it is. Anyone able to confirm because what bird dot Kom wasn't very good at all. I'm in central Kentucky
>>
>>2136002
What God wants you to do, anon. Kill it.
>>
>>2136930
could be a starling
>>
>>2136930

I'd go with starling for now
>>
It's baby bird season and everyone is fucking with nature.

This is fledgling and its common for them to be on the ground right now.

Even if it was younger and probably not that close to being able to fly - We aren't running out of Robins.

Just leave them alone. Their parents will most likely take care of them. If someone is hovering around their babies they probably won't come tend to them.
>>
>>2136930
It kindof looks like a starling. I think it could be a thrush, but it's pretty dark.

You should kill it if it identifies as a starling later. We don't need anymore invasives.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.