[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey I found some new born baby cotton tails in my garden(my Granpa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 385x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 385x288
Hey I found some new born baby cotton tails in my garden(my Granpa dug them up) they're about the same size as in the pic, I do t want them to die so what should I do?
>>
>>2135925
Eat them. They'll live on through you and all that kind of spiritual bullshit
>>
>>2135926
That sounds pretty good but I need real advice
>>
Well guess I don't know what to do with them
>>
Leave them. Don't interfere with nature. There will be literally thousands of other baby buns running around, making more baby buns. Other animals need to eat, too.
>>
Leave them. The story of how mother rabbits will abandon their young if they smell human is a complete myth, and these animals are not domesticated it's unlikely they'd make a good pet.
>>
put them back

rabbits far older than that die without their mother caring for them
>>
put them back.. rabbit kits only feed twice a day, the mom is probably missing them
>>
>>2135925
>dug them up

What? If you can't put them back so the mother can reclaim them then at least put them under a warm lamp in a blanket so they don't freeze to death and get them to a vet so they can tell you what to feed them.
>>
>>2136071
Eh he was planting flowers and noticed some dirt was moving so he dug them up to see what they were
>>
File: babbyrabbitsoup.jpg (258 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
babbyrabbitsoup.jpg
258 KB, 1366x768
>>2135925
make soup
>>
Well the mother hasn't been back in 2 days and my mother keeps suggesting that we take them and take care of them ourselves, what do you guys suggest?
>>
>>2137424
Just fucking do it I guess
>>
>>2135997
it's true for hares
>>
>>2137424
How do you know the mother hasn't been back? Rabbits usually feed their babies at night. If you want to be 100% sure put a circle of flour around the nest, if you see that it's been disturbed then the mother is taking care of her babies.
>>
>>2137424

This >>2137469

Have you been recording them for 48 hours with a camera livefeed?

Just put them back. Their mother will return, if not, then they die. There are tons of babies bunnies that will live on.

Think of all the baby foxes or weasels. Their mother's need to feed them and it's harder to catch an adult compared to a baby bunny.

Don't mess with nature.
>>
You are not supposed to take buns from nature anon
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.