[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody have to put up with red-winged blackbirds lately? I call
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10
File: edgebirds.jpg (25 KB, 425x378) Image search: [Google]
edgebirds.jpg
25 KB, 425x378
Anybody have to put up with red-winged blackbirds lately? I call them edgebirds. It's their breeding season right now and they don't give a single fuck. They'll try to bully blue herons and egrets just to make a point.

I noticed one of these little crackheads keeping pace me over the top of my head when I went for a run 'round the lake yesterday afternoon, and I couldn't tell if it was coincidence or not

Went back to run the same course today to confirm it, and lo and behold, the black & red avenger appeared yet again. I ran back across the same section twice as a test, and without fail, he came out screaming, full of piss n' vinegar both times. Quarter-chicken sized fucker was really working to alpha male me out. I made a sound like a bulldog barking in German, he tactically retreated back into his leafy lakeside apartment, and that was our mutual declaration of war.

I'm going back again tomorrow. I've been running around that lake for 2 years. The bird with red wings will learn to respect the man with yellow shoes
>>
File: 14554271768_5a728d256d_b.jpg (228 KB, 1024x679) Image search: [Google]
14554271768_5a728d256d_b.jpg
228 KB, 1024x679
normies get out of my lake reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
get out goose!
>>
File: RWBB_attacks_ostrich1_svalasek.jpg (300 KB, 605x427) Image search: [Google]
RWBB_attacks_ostrich1_svalasek.jpg
300 KB, 605x427
go back to Africa ostrich
>>
File: north korea harasses america.jpg (222 KB, 800x490) Image search: [Google]
north korea harasses america.jpg
222 KB, 800x490
THAT'S RIGHT YOU BETTER RUN
>>
>>2134328
A badminton racket works well for birds and flying beetles, and is light to boot.
>>
>>2134328
Personally I love how aggressive those little fuckers are. They chase crows out of the trees and hiding spots so they're easier to shoot. And the crow is so distracted that it doesn't try to dodge my shotgun barrel (yes, they will do that.)
>>
>>2134358
>Eating crow
Uhhhh, brah.
>>
>>2134361
Fuck that, I just shoot them. They like to sit outside my window and caw as soon as the sun breaks. Fuck them.
>>
>>2134363
Meh, I don't care to take game unless I'm eating it or it's truly a pest.
>>
File: robot.jpg (37 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
robot.jpg
37 KB, 620x350
>>2134358
>eating crows
>>
>>2134361
>>2134364
>>2134372
Pests that get shot don't get directly eaten. Usually they get tossed into the garden for fertilizer. Red squirrels, gophers, chipmunks, crows, marmots, raccoons and the like make black dirt.
>>
>>2134382
Oh, and carp too. Carp are considered pest and invasive and have no size or take limit so we bowhunt them in the summer and throw them in the garden too.
>>
File: 2161789.jpg (82 KB, 658x439) Image search: [Google]
2161789.jpg
82 KB, 658x439
don't think i don't see you there heron! scram!
>>
>>2134328
>It's their breeding season right now and they don't give a single fuck.

That explains a lot. Two days ago I saw two of these guys, male and female I guess, chasing off a hawk and actively attacking it by swooping and biting the wings. That takes balls. I guess the hawk was too near their nest.

They're cool birds though, they're all over where I work. They don't bother the people.
>>
File: CattleEgrets.jpg (52 KB, 800x561) Image search: [Google]
CattleEgrets.jpg
52 KB, 800x561
EGRET? MORE LIKE EGRET OUTTA HERE!
>>
>>2134485
damn that's a good photo
>>
Saw one of these guys repeatedly trying to "land" on top of a flying raven/crow, bigger black bird just today. This occured over the highway as I was driving so I only saw the scene for a moment
>>
>hey guys loll you know what i totally shoot animals just for my own fun ahahah and i firmly believe im worth more than other living creatures. ahahh does that trigger you anons? im sorry to offend you with my nihilism and edginess. I know which living beings deserve life and which ones deserve to be played with by my manchild mind, i truly am a god among these crows
>>
I've seen these guys in the marshes but I had no idea how badass they were.
>>
>>2134505
I shoot nutria for fun. The state also pays for each tail since they're responsible for destroying marshland.
>>
>>2134505
Could be worse. At least it isn't cats.
>>
>>2134328
I didn't know it was possible to hate these things. They were one of my favorite parts of walking around the ponds.
>>
>>2134516
Mah nigga
>In north LA
>Area is pretty much devoid of all nutria and hogs because apparently we just love to shoot them so much
Too bad I don't get to remove chinese-knockoff-beavers
>>
>>2134382
>Red squirrels
Where do you live anon?
>>
>>2134505
Bait?
>He thinks non-sentient animals are worth as much as humans or that our inventions aren't an extension of our own intelligence and ability to be such great predators
Go eat kale faggot
>>
>>2134961
No, it's because Northern Louisiana sucks and not even hogs and nutria want to live there. As far as I'm concerned, everything North of Opelousas and West of Lake Charles isn't even real Louisiana.
>>
>>2135008
Fair enough, as lame as it is we're basically Arkansas-lite
>>
>>2135008
>as far as I'm concerned if you don't live in my particular corner of this open sewer you don't live in a REAL shithole.
>>
>>2135023
>Implying Southern Lousiana isn't gorgeous, with lots of wildlife, scenery, great food, and only a few hours from awesome Florida beaches.

Don't be jealous just because you don't live in God's country
>>
>>2135001

>kale was created by artificial selection
it would probably outrun anon anyway
>>
File: 920x920.jpg (53 KB, 920x696) Image search: [Google]
920x920.jpg
53 KB, 920x696
oh look at me. i'm a girl. i'm wearing sunglasses and listening to music. i'm so cool.

get outta here with that shit!
>>
>>2134994
Michigan. They're the only squirrels i shoot because they get into things the most and I had so fucking many of them. Grey, black, and fox squirrels get left alone.
>>
>>2135023
The only real shithole in Louisiana is New Orleans

>>2135026
>Using proximity to another state as a positive for your area of the state
Come on man, show some pride
>>
>>2135081
No place has everything. I'm just realistic.
>>
>>2135123
Is Grand Isle still that fucked up?
>>
>>2134328
>The bird with red wings will learn to respect the man with yellow shoes
Kek, I've been watching these guys bring the pain on a group of crows at my job site.
We gets some huge red tail hawks here too. Those red wing blackbirds will fuck with them when they are in the air, but they do not get close to them when they are perched.
>>
>>2134328
I like these things. Love how the red feathers puff up while they're flying. None of the ones where I live are assholes though, so that helps.
>>
File: DSC_5896.jpg (553 KB, 2466x1644) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5896.jpg
553 KB, 2466x1644
>>2134328
yep we got a bunch of them at the park along with geese
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.