[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alaskan Malamute or Siberian Husky?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: 101-0148_IMG.jpg (203 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
101-0148_IMG.jpg
203 KB, 1536x1152
Alaskan Malamute or Siberian Husky?
>>
>>
Mal all the way
They are:1 easier to train
2:less prone to breaking out of homes
3:better with people in general can be less aloof
4: bigger=better imo
>>
>>2134318

Depends how big of a dog you want.
>>
>>2134318
Neither.
You'd just ruin the poor dog.
>>
neighbor had a half husky / wolf

I loved that dog until they moved :(
>>
File: Red-giant-alaskan-malamute.jpg (24 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
Red-giant-alaskan-malamute.jpg
24 KB, 604x453
>>2134380
>bigger=better imo
>>
>>2135169
I think I saw one of these crossed with a german shepherd one time. It had the shape and fur length of a slightly fluffier shepherd, but it had those color and roughly the same size height-wise. At first I thought it was that breed meant to look like a wolf, but the more I looked, the more I kept thinking 'off color shepherd'.

She was a beautiful dog and very well behaved. Would have loved to pet her a bit more, but we were in the dog park and the owner left as soon as another rude dog came in. I ended up having to leave too because the dog wouldn't stop jumping on me and my dog was barking and growling every time it did.
>>
File: mix.png (801 KB, 540x536) Image search: [Google]
mix.png
801 KB, 540x536
>>
>>2135917
W-what is that?
>>
I love how malamutes look but I'm used to working with border collies who practically live to please their handlers. I've heard that Mals aren't easy to train and that they do as they please most of the time.
>>
>>2136001
>I'm used to working with border collies
How's that? Could you post some pics?
>>
>>2135256
Maybe it was a Shiloh shepherd
>>
Depends. Do you want strength or stamina?

>mal = power
>husky = stamina
>>
>>2134318
I don't like sled dogs.
Also i don't want to be mistaken for a wolfaboo. If i had to choose one I think it would be the malamute.
>>
File: 1335935.jpg (168 KB, 640x657) Image search: [Google]
1335935.jpg
168 KB, 640x657
>>2135966
Husky mix i ques.
Here we have husky+pomerian mix.
>>
File: pomeranian-husky-mix1-800x795.jpg (101 KB, 800x795) Image search: [Google]
pomeranian-husky-mix1-800x795.jpg
101 KB, 800x795
>>2136698
>>
>>2136698
Holy fuck, pic related is pretty cool. 100% fox.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.