[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Found him abandoned and missing tail feathers, what do I feed him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 20160529_152900.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160529_152900.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
Found him abandoned and missing tail feathers, what do I feed him?
>>
File: 14645612487621041764387.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
14645612487621041764387.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
DUDE SO AM I ! i came to the thread for advice
>>
>>2133511
>>2133513
They aren't abandoned, they are supposed to be on the ground at this age, and the parents are caring for them still.

Put them back immediately, but it's entirely possible if you've had it for a while the parents have given it up for dead and you personally are the reason this bird if going to die.

Never pick up young wild birds unless they are obviously injured, or are so young they shouldn't be out of the nest. (IE some featherless chick or something)
>>
The question now isn't what you feed him, but what do you feed him to.
>>
>>2133511
I found a sparrow with a twisted neck that still seems to be flapping its wings. Is its neck broken, or is it some kind of virus?
>>
>>2133526
>never pick up young wild birds
The rule of thumb is that if you're able to pick them up (catch them), then they're injured, malnourished, or sick.
>>
>>2133727
That isn't true at all, at least for fledgelings.

Its true enough for adult birds, but OP's isn't an adult, and they seem to know that.
>>
>>2133730
Have you ever tried to catch a fledgeling? I have when I was younger, and they are extremely flighty. I doubt that I could catch one now if I tried.
>>
>>2133731
Not all birds are alike. This is an extremely common thing, and lots of birds die from it every year.
>>
File: michaeljackson.jpg (11 KB, 417x600) Image search: [Google]
michaeljackson.jpg
11 KB, 417x600
>>2133727
>>
Do ignorant people kill as many fledglings as cats?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.