[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have a 6 month old pup, she is repeatedly chewing the outside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-05-29 17.10.19.jpg (3 MB, 2440x2100) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-29 17.10.19.jpg
3 MB, 2440x2100
So I have a 6 month old pup, she is repeatedly chewing the outside of the house while I'm gone. I've tried toys, bones, kongs to keep her entertained, no luck - she keeps doing it. She has plenty of yard space to herself. Tons of exercise and play time. I've tried anti chew spray, vinegar even fucking cloudy ammonia on the surface - didn't slow her down at all.

Tl;dr:

Suggestions on ways to stop dog chewing exterior of my house while at work
>>
Put something really spicy on it?
>>
>>2132962
Tried it unfortunately, tobacco sauce, paprika & Chilli powders. She'll quite happily lick it off as it is being put on
>>
>>2133002
Have you tried citrus?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmejVIQshMA

try this
>>
>>2133002
Have you tried bitter apple spray?
>>
I had similar issues with my lab, I did everything recommended and nothing helped, she just outgrew the behavior a few weeks later

As long as you aren't doing anything to make it worse it'll probably resolve itself
>>
>>2132957
Get a bench and put her in it. Then when you do a quick trip away from the house (15min) leave her outside. Increase time if things go well. Dogs love their bench once they figure out its their place to chill
>>
>>2133064
>>2133173
Yep, no luck unfortunately

>>2133086
Not sure how implementing them would work, sewing as she only does it while I'm gone, and I can't leave them running all day

>>2133420
By bench do you mean kennel? Have built her a pretty awesome one but she won't really use it except to escape the cold or rain
>>
>>2133742
Inside the house you can place a metal cage (aka bench) in which you can lock the dog. It may sound cruel but they will just take a nap and it's fine for 4hours or during the night. Train leaving her by herself by slowly increasing the time you leave. Start with 15min and go from there
>>
>>2133812
I've never heard a crate/kennel being called s bench before. Where are you from?
>>
>>2133915
Europe probably but this is really good i did the same with Mine and it works if my Dog is tired it will go in his bench and he keeps some toys there they will love it and stop fucking shit up in your house
>>
ever thought about a muzzle?
>>
>>2133934

To an Aussie, this just feels like laziness though.

You're not actually fixing the issue, or training the dog out of said behaviour.

You're just congratulating yourself because your dog is well behaved when you lock it in a steel box. It's the very fucking definition of 'Merica
>>
>>2132957

It's a puppy...that's teething...it needs to chew things.

What did you think would happen if you're gone for 8 hours? You're just going to have to deal with it until the pup grows out of it. This is why puppies are not recommended for someone that doesn't have time to be home with the dog.

Ps you better be working on training now.
>>
The best thing you can do bro is get off the couch and make some more money geesh, upgrade your house put some bricks on the sidex that will show pup whos boss
>>
just be a man and piss all over the outside of your house, trust me dogs will respect that shit
>>
>>2132957
I have 2 dogs currently aged 11 months.

I had them since 8 weeks and BOTH of them would chew the fuck out of everything at age 6ish months. You are just out of luck and need to suck it up.

Do not muzzle it. Its puppy teething. Get it sticks and scatter them in the yard. Or get a fence and dont allow it access to the sides of your house.
>>
>>2134801
All you had to do was tire them, m8.
>>
>>2134643
Yea i get were you are coming from but where i live(Netherlands) everyone does it. I mean we could Let our Dog insie the House alone but he likes the bench more
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.