[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Child gets into Gorilla exhibit at Cincinnati Zoo, Zoo emplo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 23
Child gets into Gorilla exhibit at Cincinnati Zoo, Zoo employees fatally shoot 17 year old Western Lowland Gorilla that was "dragging the child around"

http://www.wlwt.com/news/video-gorilla-grabs-child-whos-fallen-into-habitat/39774904?Content%20Type=Video&Content%20Type=Video&utm_campaign=News&utm_medium=FBPAGE&utm_source=Social

Anyone have more footage? Did Zoo employees make the right decision? Are the parents fucking retarded or does this zoo need better preventative measures for getting into exhibits
>>
Is it bad I wish we could let Darwinism take the wheel and just let these situations go without shooting the animal?
>>
>>2132850
Is it, especially with a child. Everyone is dumb as a child.

I wonder if would have shot it if it was a female gorilla.
>>
>>2132850
The animal's already in a cage being fed by people, so I don't think "letting things go as they may" really means much anymore.
>>
>>2132850
Nope, that was my first thought as well. An animal just doing his thang got shot because some dumbfuck parents couldn't hold their toddlers hand.
>>
>>2132863
If it were a female gorilla then no. There was a news story years ago about a previous child who fell into a gorilla exhibit. The way it was set up for people to see them, the child fell into the exhibit from quite high up.

I think he was unconscious, but all he did was lay there. The dominant female of the group was the first to investigate. And she stood over the child protecting him from the other gorillas. I think someone even recorded it on their video camera as she tried to comfort the child by stroking his back.

She even chased off the dominant silver back when he got too close.

I think that's the only problem here, the male gorilla must have gotten to the child in this case, before the females.

Female gorillas have very strong parental instincts. They regularly adopt orphaned gorillas from within their own group and and any they find from other groups all the time.
>>
>>2132863
Yes we are dumb as children, that is why there are usually these things that are older than us that help make sure we dont crawl into wild animal enclosures.
>>
>>2132846
Sounds like that zoo needs higher walls around the exhibits. Stupid people will always find a way to get themselves or their children in danger.
>>
>>2132870
Yes I was thinking of that. It's interesting to think what the male gorilla would have done. Probably nothing? Maybe the effect of all screaming would have been negative? It is the silverback's job to keep the troop safe, so obviously bad things could have happened.

>>2132871
It is a bit harsh to teach a lesson to the parents by the proxy of innocent child. Feels a bit funny saying that.
>>
File: 1464403402556.jpg (41 KB, 500x404) Image search: [Google]
1464403402556.jpg
41 KB, 500x404
>>2132846
The gorilla didn't even seem aggressive in the video, why the fuck wasn't it tranquilized?
>>
>>2132875
I just watched the video and I am absolutely outraged. The gorilla was not acting aggressively in any manner. He was clearly seen standing over the child trying to shield him from all of the screaming adults.

You can even see him at one point gently taking the child's hand and holding it in his own. At one point he even helps the child stand up, when he was sitting in very deep water. Obviously the silver back knew the child was at risk of drowning, small as he was.

The website claims to have edited out the "graphic" bits. But I am willing to bet every penny I own that it wasn't violent at all. I mean, come on, it's a fucking gorilla. Obviously he can't pick the child up and cradle him in his arms as he walks up to dry land on two feet.

He probably wasn't any more rough with that human child than he is with his own children while moving him out of the water.
>>
>>2132877
Zoo officials stated it would have agitated the gorilla when shot with tranquilizer. Also, it could take "minutes" to kick in which is plenty of time for a pissed off gorilla to tear that child limb from limb.
>>
>>2132881
Well then, that zoo needs to take measures to protect retards from themselves like taller barricades or something.
>>
>>2132887
Or just make them sign a waiver. You want to see this animal that in the wild would usually result in death? Better think about such things
>>
>>2132850

Nope

Silverbacks are an endangered species, whereas we have 7 billion humans running around.

Children are practically worthless, if you think about it. 9 months of labor to produce, that's it.

They could have sedated the gorilla and pulled the kid out.
>>
>>2132887
I don't think it was a matter of the barricades not being tall enough. I think it was a matter of the kid being small enough that he could slip through it.
>>
Can we all agree that zoos are bad for wildlife in general and should not receive public funds?
>>
>>2132904
>They could have sedated the gorilla and pulled the kid out.

Liberal alert
>>
>Dumb fucking kid crawls into exhibit
>No one notices nor does anything, not even his parents
>Parents aren't to blame for letting their son do whatever while they didn't pay attention to him
>Gorilla's just a dumb animal that doesn't know any better and probably thought he was a toy
>Kill the gorilla because they can
Humans sure are fucking great at protecting endangered species. That's why we slaughter them like Ol' Yeller.
>>
>>2132933
As opposed to letting the child die and risk getting shut down so you can't protect any Gorillas?
>>
>>2132936
>Parents aren't watching their kids properly
>Something bad happens
>Blame anyone but themselves
>>
>>2132940
It doesn't matters who's fault it is idiot. All that matters is who will be blamed for it.

Separate your emotion from reality for once.
>>
>>2132943
>Gorilla gets deemed a dangerous animal for something that's not supposed to happen and shot dead for it
Almost like they don't belong in captivity of something.
>>
>>2132944
Okay? Not the point being argued.
>>
should have just let it murder the kid. fuck people. we put it in a zoo so give it at least one free kill.
>>
>>2132906
Without zoos we wouldnt have conservation to put animals back into the wild. Endangered animals would go extinct. Children would not be able to learn about animals and learn that conservation is important.

Yes some zoos are bad. But there are great non profit zoos out there and they do amazing things for the worlds animals.
>>
>>2132922

top laff

It was a niglet that fell in, so I think they shot the wrong ape anyway
>>
anyone know what kind of rifle they used to kill a gorilla?
>>
Reminds me of the kid who get chomped by a Tiger after climbing into it's enclosure.
>>
>>2132994
They have weapons which are specifically designed to kill gorillas. In this case, it was a glock 40.
>>
>>2132846
God damn
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVezHB35WDE

More footage shows the child being dragged
>>
>>2133047
Looks like how a silverback would drag another young gorilla. Do they ever do that, like move one to safety?
>>
File: 1452400361609.jpg (31 KB, 448x640) Image search: [Google]
1452400361609.jpg
31 KB, 448x640
>>2133009
>>
>>2132872
>higher walls
As someone who has been to the Cincinnati Zoo in the last two months I can honestly say that kid had to fucking work to get in that enclosure.
They had a polar bear make a break for it earlier this year, that was blamed on human error.
>>
>>2133047
that looks fun for a kid!
>>
>>2132944
No, according to you they belong in the history books as an extinct species.
>>
Children falling into exhibits is a strangely common occurrence, yet zoos don't just make it impossible to fall in by adding a cage or net or some shit.

Imagine if gorillas were even closer to extinction and this guy was one of the last males able to spread his seed. You'd basically be damning a species for one dim child.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have done everything they could to save the kid, I'm just saying if this is the protocol you take then endangered species need to be caged the fuck off.
>>
>>2133068
The news report I watched said that the kid climbed under the fence
>>
>>2132846
Since it was a kid who got into the enclosure due to juvenile stupidity, the decision to put the animal down is more understandable than the recent lion case.

It's still a big shame, especially considering that the gorilla likely didn't mean any harm. That being said, I don't like the extreme misanthropy that tends to surface in these threads. Unlike the lion man, the kid was far too young to anticipate the consequences of his actions.
>>
The kid isn't even old enough to fucking remember the zoo trip or learn anything there. There should be an age floor at zoos
>>
the gorilla was not a threat.
>>
It's threads like these that remind that /an/ is a special kind of retarded.
>>
the parents should have to pay for a new gorilla and better fencing
>>
>>2132904
Silverbacks do nothing. They sit on their ass in a zoo and get fed for free. That baby could have grown up to be a doctor or any other valuable member of society
>>
>>2133273
The fucking gorilla was legit more likely to become a pillar of the community than that scrawny ape kid. Gorilla was a good boy going to school and getting his life back on track, he dindu nuffin
>>
File: 1464511117412.jpg (91 KB, 548x468) Image search: [Google]
1464511117412.jpg
91 KB, 548x468
>>
ITT: edge
>>
They should put up more barriers

[spoiler]to keep the animals safe from the dumbasses who can't keep their own kids from wandering into an exhibit[/spoiler]
>>
>>2132846
Gorillas are totally non-violent animals and silverbacks protect young gorillas. It was protecting this kid because it knew it wasn't supposed to be in there.
>>
>>2133307
ITT: a few anti-conservation, shitty parenting unruly nigger sympathizers, who can't handle everyone else's semi-ironic edge.
>>
>>2133273
>That baby could have grown up to be a doctor or any other valuable member of society

That baby also could have grown up a Donald Trump supporter; in which case compassionate and progressive liberals would want to have it killed to show how compassionate and progressive they are about being on the "right side of history."
>>
>>2133273
Or a rapist, murderer, terrorist or a faggot like yourself
>>
It said the child was seriously injured. I wonder if he was injured by the gorilla, or the fall? The mom was tending to other children at the time, so I guess she wasn't able to sufficiently divide her attention with several kids.

This whole situation is a damn shame. Can't really blame the gorilla, it looked like he was pretty gentle and mainly curious. Can blame the kid a little for not listening to his mother, but at the end of the day, kids are dumb and do dumb things. The mother only has one set of hands and eyes to divide attention among at least three kids. She did a good job of keeping calm for the most part, I think. I probably would've dove in after my kid and gotten myself mauled.
>>
>>2133047
>>2132846
Is this gorilla agitated? Could professional primate keepers that work with this gorilla come into the exhibit and coax him to give the child? What warranted a kill?

Wish there was more footage.
>>
>>2133349
>Is this gorilla agitated?
The reason they didn't use a tranq gun is because they were worried it would agitate the gorilla. Draw your own conclusions from that.

>Could professional primate keepers that work with this gorilla come into the exhibit and coax him to give the child?
It would have been within the realm of possibility.

>What warranted a kill?
Liability and insurance considerations. Do we take a chance and try to retrieve the child from the enclosure without harming the gorilla, realizing that it could go wrong and the child could be killed, or do we just shoot the gorilla and 100% ensure the child's safety?
>>
>>2133355
And be sued anyways for leaving it too easy for a kid to get in with the animals.
>>
>>2133340
So worst case scenario, it becomes another gorilla?
>>
>>2132846
The mother should be charged with something 2bh.

Stupid little shit got an animal killed because he's retarded and the mom is a shit parent.
>>
>>2133193
"PLEASE STAY ALIVE, BABY! I CAN'T GET NO CHILD SUPPORT IF YOU'SE DEAD!"
>>
>>2133193
>mommy loves you
>even though I let you fall into a fucking gorilla exhibit because I couldn't be bothered to look after my four year old son cause I'm a fucking retard
>>
>>2132850
But this was darwinism in action. We're on top of the chain. Gorilla didn't adapt and didn't learn to not drag people around so nature, which we're part of, put it down.
>>
File: 1461564549617.png (170 KB, 303x328) Image search: [Google]
1461564549617.png
170 KB, 303x328
>>2133009
>>
>>2132933
Ol' Yeller got the hydrophobia. He had to be shot. The parents of this kid need to be neutered at the very least.
>>
>>2132872
>The wall just got higher
>>
It wasn't exactly attacking the kid from the footage, the gorilla picked him up to stop him from drowning in the stream and then held his hand, I wish they could have tried to get the kid back whilst they had a gun on him or something so they could instantly kill him if something went wrong but the gorilla would have lived if he remained peaceful like in the footage
>>
File: 1444178462730.png (61 KB, 261x210) Image search: [Google]
1444178462730.png
61 KB, 261x210
>>2133476
>>2133473
how about no
>>
>>2133009
KEK
>>
>>2133221
I remember going to the zoo when I was 4.
>>
Would the gorilla get shot in a non murrican zoo. Bet the guy who shot it was praying for this day to happen.
>>
>>2132846
If the gorilla was being violent with the child and "dragging" him through water and across the ground, then how the hell was any human able to kill him with a gun? If the gorilla was truly agitated he'd have been running all over the place way too fast for anyone to get a kill shot.

Unless they used some sort of automatic weapon that turned the gorilla into swiss cheese.
>>
>>2133348
No, the mother is a complete and total pathetic excuse for a human being. She should be sued by that Zoo. They should make an example out of her so no other dumb asses allow this shit to happen.

I was raised by a single working class mother. I have seven siblings. SEVEN. My mother worked minimum wage her entire life and never once received any kind of money from my dead beat dad. Not only that, but my mother did a good enough job that my two youngest sisters are currently in college right now.

It doesn't matter how many children you have, there is no fucking excuse at all for allowing your child to climb into a fucking gorilla exhibit. If you read the article, you will see that the child even TOLD his mother that he was going to do it. And she still allowed it to happen, even after knowing what the little fucker was planning.
>>
>>2132943
The parents should be blamed
>>
>>2133527
The kid should be able to make it into the enclosure in the first place.
>>
>>2133515
Almost all of your post has nothing to do with anything. Your momma worked hard for her shitty pay. Good for her. Has nothing to do with the situation.

I would bet good money that if one of your younger siblings slipped away while you were arguing with a brother or something, you'd be tripping all over yourself to defend your mother. People get distracted. Getting distracted by several children is reasonable. Not every experience is the same, and the circumstances did not line up for your mother to have ever been faced with this situation. Sometimes shit just lines up. Not to mention that a four year old saying, "I'm going to climb in the enclosure" should be total nonsense, because 1) Kids will say shit like that just to fuck with you and get a reaction, and 2) He shouldn't have been able to get into the enclosure in the first place.

Becky says something stupid, like, "I'mma do a flip!" You dismiss it, because there's no way in hell Becky can do a flip, but you tell her, "Don't do a flip, you'll hurt yourself." Then Dragula and Optimus start arguing about who gets to ride shotgun on the way home, and you forget all about Becky's asinine flip, because you assume she can't do it anyway. Then Becky flips. She flips hard. She hurts herself and cries. Is it the mother's fault that Becky got hurt? I'd say no, because she had no reason to believe that the flip was possible, and she already told Becky not to try it.
>>
>>2132846
I think it was both. Parents should have kept a much closer eye on their child, however a child will always try to get away without knowing what could happen. So it's also the zoo's fault for having bars wide enough for a child to fit through.

I think the right decision was made here. Male gorillas can be extremely aggressive and from what I know it was actually slamming the child against the wall before they shot it.

Honestly it's not the child's fault, and btw that was our gorilla from our zoo, a zookeeper had told me that the main reason they sent it away was because it was overly aggressive.
>>
>>2132872
This.

It's dum to think that every single child will be watched at every single moment, and having bars that wide is just asking for trouble
>>
>>2133258
I'm glad I'm not alone in this regard.
>>
>>2132989
Congrats on having the edgiest opinion and the least original joke.
>>
>>2133321
Who the fuck cares if he was a nigger? How is this about race if it's a 4 year old instead of a grown man?
>>
>>2133643
That is all bigots can mutter since they are too blind to see what the situation actually is.

>muh muh race
>muh muh nigger
>>
>>2132904
>Silverbacks are an endangered species
Barely a sentence in and you've already proven you know nothing about gorillas
>>
File: when-you-fall-pebx2z.jpg (98 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
when-you-fall-pebx2z.jpg
98 KB, 720x720
>>
>>2133273

More likely he'll end up like you, a NEET who sits on their ass in a room and gets fed for free.
>>
I was at this exhibit a week before this happened.

The zoo definitely needed more protection. Its like a 4 foot wire fence and then a huge moat. the kid could have slipped through it and fell down the moat like a retard.

That being said, parents should watch their fucking kids. an adult can outrun a 3 year old.
>>
File: 2380677-204-hank-hill-whatever.jpg (28 KB, 208x210) Image search: [Google]
2380677-204-hank-hill-whatever.jpg
28 KB, 208x210
I don't know, it's really a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

People are pissed off that they had to kill the gorilla, but if the kid had been seriously hurt or killed, people would have been pissed off that they didn't kill the gorilla.
>>
File: king-kong-escapes-poster[1].jpg (502 KB, 1600x1254) Image search: [Google]
king-kong-escapes-poster[1].jpg
502 KB, 1600x1254
Zoos really should have mecha versions of their animals to prevent such situations.
>>
What I want to know is if the gorilla was raised in captivity, and if giving the gorilla drugged food was an option.
>>
>>2134074
Dude I think your lost, take the next exit to get to /pol
>>
The gorillas 17th birthday was a few days before he got shot

Same thing will probably happen with this niglet
>>
>>2134626
>>>/pol/
>>
>>2132846
aw man I really wanted to see the gorilla grab both of the childs legs and slowly split the kid into two. Then just start nomnomnom on the kids intestine.
>>
>>2133690
I have a job that i love and a father i take care of

But okay, keep being asshurt over some useless animal being killed
>>
>>2132880
http://heavy.com/news/2016/05/gorilla-cincinnati-zoo-harambe-grabs-boy-enclosure-raw-video-full-shot-dead-killed/
>>
>>2134664
What do you think happened around the 2:00 minute mark when multiple screams are heard, the camera quickly changes position, and a women yells "get the KIDS outta here!"
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 540x540
>Jeff Corwin roasts parents in general for not taking fucking responsibility for their kids and always blaming others the moment something happens
>"Zoo's aren't your babysitter"
Based as fuck
>>
The mother should have her children removed. The zoo obviously has a duty of care to guests, but the primary duty of care lies with the child's fucking legal guardian.
>>
>>2132922
Fuck sake does /pol/ extend to the animals board now?
>>
I'm amazed no one is questioning the zoo's flawless reasoning of not using tranqs to agitate the gorilla yet firing off live rounds near a human child being perfectly alright.

Another reason why America as a whole needs to be quarantined from the rest of the world lest their stupidity infects anyone else.
>>
The fact that people at large are casting blame on anything other than the parents really doesnt bode well for society.

The comedian with the "helicopter in a tree" bit springs immediately to mind.
>>
>>2134849
>implying it's not common knowledge that libshits are retarded and only pol implies that they are.
Shiggy
>>
Conspiracy theory time. Remember the guy who sacrificed himself to a lion like last week?
The mother heard about that and realized that this was a way to get rid of a child she didn't want. Either the kid dies, or she has the ability to sue for damages to the kid. It's a win-win.
>>
>>2134865

I mean I like this idea but the mechanics just don't add up, it’s kind of hard to train a 4 year old to get into an animal pen on the first and only try he's gonna get
>>
>>2132994
Barrett 50 cal
>>
>Reads/watches entire thing.

This is the reason i wouldn't mind a 90% extinction of humans..
>>
Here's a question.
Someone takes someone else's pet dog and throws the dog into the gorilla enclosure. The situation plays out like it did in the video shown in this thread.

Do you shoot the gorilla?
>>
>>2134881
There would be room for consideration.

With human vs animal there is none.
>>
>>2134850
This reasoning has already been discussed. Not America's fault you're terrified of guns being used responsibly. If it was a rifle and the guy had any training the shot would have been easy as fuck
>>
>>2134898
Last week a guy failed a shot with a tranq dart and ended up hitting that suicidal man instead of the lions.
Imagine what would happen if their first decision was to use bullets.
>>
>>2134881

every time, dogs are more important than gorillas to humans
>>
>>2134899
Tranqs arent nearly as accurate, alough I don't understand what happened there enough to talk about it
>>
This gorilla was dead the second it was born in captivity

if anyone really gave a shit they would be spamming social media about the 300+ gorillas that are poached every year which i havent heard a single thing about

The fact that this Zoo's enclosure was thwarted by a 4 year old is pretty telling, and in my opinion was the real issue
>>
>>
>>2132846

Zoos and shit like Seaworld is evil. When I was his age I wasn't that stupid. Parents should have been shot instead.
>>
>>2132877
this. I'm no gorilla expert but wouldn't the gorilla attack the kid right off the bat if he was actually planning on it? it looks like he stood over the kid like "wtf who is this guy what's going on" before pulling him out of the water to what I would assume the gorilla thought was safety. It does look like the gorilla was dragging the kid pretty roughly but I doubt he realized how fragile human babies are. are gorilla babies durable enough to be dragged around like that? is that normal behaviour?
>>
Gorilla lives matter
>>
>>2133047
>MOMMY LOVES YOU
yeah sure
>>
>>2133608
>it's not the child's fault
it is though. not saying that retard shouldn't have been given priority (the shitshow would be even greater right now if he wasn't)
>>
>>2133273
Nah, the kid will grow up to be a piece of crap, because the parents are obviously useless garbage.
>>
>>2133540
>Is it the mother's fault that Becky got hurt?
Absolutely. When parents dismiss their kids shit like >>2132846 happens.
>>
>>2132846
#JusticeForHarambe
#BlackLivesMatter
>>
>>2134881

I want this to happen. Anyone have any links of gorillas ripping apart smaller animals?
>>
>>2133531
There has got to be some level of accountability on the parent's part. No one has breached the wall in the 36 years it has been there. That's like saying we should sand down the corners on coffee tables as well, in a sense.
>>
>>2134927
It's easy to attack a western family making a mistake but you will never see any of the shitters on facebook/twitter talking about what is really killing the gorillas or saying "Fucking shitty Chinese people deserve to die for eating shark fin soup" Like I have seen with this one gorilla. It's almost implied that in the west we sort of feel like 'well the orientals just don't know better like us civilized folk. Or worse than that, we shouldn't comment and instead be understanding of their culture.

I'm pretty sure there is a Chinese dog torture/eating festival coming up but no one's gonna give a shit. But god forbid some rich dentist shoots a lion somewhere.

It has to make the black lives matter people salty as shit to see that people are not only using their hashtags (I have seen #JusticeForHarambe used completely unironically) but also give way more of a shit about a non-sapient animal than any single black person.
>>
>>2134929

Heh.
>>
>>2135092
I give priority to my culture and society, what happens in China is secondary.
>>
>>2135092
A single black person can use their fucking brain and make decisions to not put themselves in a shitty situation. An animal cannot.
>>
File: latest[1].gif (186 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].gif
186 KB, 320x240
>>2133009
>>
>>2135104
Black lives matter has nothing to do with black people getting themselves in or out of shitty situations, it's about the perception of being victimized by police/white people.
>>
File: 1462288846213.jpg (128 KB, 750x609) Image search: [Google]
1462288846213.jpg
128 KB, 750x609
>>2135111
>, it's about the perception of being victimized by police/white people.
>>
I haven't got past the title part of the news regarding the incident, but I'm pretty sure the kid deserved to die. I'm actually sad the gorilla didn't kill the "person" in question.
>>
>>2132846
I gotta take the zoos side. There is no telling what could have happened. Yes, the parents should have been paying more attention. But thats not the question. Human life over animal life. You tell me the last time a gorilla did some Einstein level thinking. Considering a tranq does take some time to kick in, it could have agitated the gorilla. Depending on the time needed for it to kick in, it would have been a tense few minutes explaining to the parents that their kid is with a gorilla and you just stuck a dart in its back so just hold off a few minutes. Now, doses vary wildly, even for animals of the same size, so God forbid the tranquilizer man missed and hit the child. He'd be dead. Tranquilizer guns are much less accurate than normal firearms. There is no drug able to knock out the gorilla immediately.
>>
>>2135171
> You tell me the last time a gorilla did some Einstein level thinking

That lil nigger is definitely the next Einstein.
>>
>>2134881
Fuck no? Dogs are not more valuable than a goat. A gorilla is infinitely more valuable than a dog.

The only thing that is always more valuable is a human.
>>
>>2134964
Not an expert either, but I think normal gorilla behavior is the female mothers just hold on to their young most of the time and don't let the adult males handle the babies.
>>
My question is this:

Does the Cincinnati Zoo have more male gorillas? Will the but a screeching halt to their endangered species breeding program?
>>
>>2135092
>implying /an/ doesn't give a shit about the things Chinese do

Last time I saw a thread about alternative Chinese medicine people were heavily critizising OP.
And I doubt normies aren't aware that the rhino's horn doesn't go to a rich white male's trophy room.
>>
File: CZ spring.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
CZ spring.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>2135215
I was there right after the polar bear escaped this spring, and I only seen one in the gorilla exhibit.
>>
>>2135232

I don't think I was implied anything of the sort. I know /an/ cares about these animals. /an/ is probably the reason I know about most of the sad things that happen to dogs/sharks/tigers/rhinos and all the other creatures the chinese spite eat.

I meant the casually interested who are suddenly up in arms about the gorilla crisis that they didn't give a shit about yesterday but do today.

I would not be surprised if people labelled you a racist if you spoke as harshly about the chinese as people are speaking about this woman and her son.
>>
#GorillaLivesMatter
>>
>>2135171
>implying humans are somehow superior
>it's the only species that found a way to ignore most aspects of community ecology
>pride themselves on destroying the environiment, jailing animals and not giving a fuck to those things

I wish the kid died.
>>
>>2132846
The Gorilla probably wouldn't have killed that kid.

The kid was taken to the hospital and released same day. I wouldn't say that's life threatening injuries.

He was dragged around in water, not on flat concrete.
>>
File: 1461446425190.jpg (497 KB, 1437x1761) Image search: [Google]
1461446425190.jpg
497 KB, 1437x1761
who /pol/ here distributing red pills
>>
>>2135092
If you hurt a Panda in China they will just kill you.
And often times if Pandas are about to hurt someone they just let them do whatever with the person. They don't touch the Panda.

Chinese are really crazy sometimes about certain things. You just DO NOT FUCK with Pandas there. You will die.
>>
>>2135340
It's the same thing with Bald Eagles in America except replace 'kill' with fine.
>the maximum fine for killing a Bald Eagle is higher than that for killing a person
Fucked up m8.
>>
If it were a white gorilla they would have shot the child.
>>
>>2135344
good. There's 7 billion humans and like 40,000 gorillas and a small amount of
>>
File: gutenmorgen.gif (1 MB, 266x200) Image search: [Google]
gutenmorgen.gif
1 MB, 266x200
>>2135171

are you sure the girl would some day have done some "Einstein level thinking" as you name it. Not very likely. Also this basically implies that you assume the life of an less intelligent person was less worthy than tthat of an more intelligent person or being in general. therefore you would imply that autists are rather dispensable im comparison to lets say a gorilla. also you base this on your undeclared preassumption that there is only one form of intelligence which basically coincides with human mental skills that could be measured objectively and then be compared objectively, so that in accord with this objective comparison one could rank the relative worthiness of all beings. thats rather pitiful.
>>
>>2135338
>He was dragged around in water, not on flat concrete.

I'm sure the gorilla would have been a lot more careful if it was dragging the kid across bare rock

Fuck off
>>
File: image_18.jpg (67 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
image_18.jpg
67 KB, 469x463
>people wishing the child was killed

You must be 18 to use this site
>>
File: 1443675970121.png (102 KB, 450x443) Image search: [Google]
1443675970121.png
102 KB, 450x443
>People think that a captive gorilla held in a cage for his entire life. Has more value then a human childs.
>>
>>2135720
Of course.
The gorilla was already a valuable resource for the zoo, he was effectively making money with his presence.
The child on the other hand has no social or economic value.
>>
>>2135212
yeah... I guess we can see why ha
>>
>>2132850
>implying this isn't Darwinism
>>
File: chincoteague ponies.jpg (98 KB, 570x379) Image search: [Google]
chincoteague ponies.jpg
98 KB, 570x379
Darwinism aside, in nearly all protocol a human's life is considered much more important than an animals.

Ask emergency services like Police, Firefighters, and so on what they're told to do in human vs animal scenarios. Not happy the gorilla got shot, but not surprised either. You guys don't spend much time around animals as businesses or service environments.
>>
>>2135720
Gorillas are endangered. Shitskins are not.
The gorilla was objectively more valuable.
>>
File: 1421855203218.gif (3 MB, 168x200) Image search: [Google]
1421855203218.gif
3 MB, 168x200
>>2133273
>doctor...or valuable part of society

topfuckingkek

More like a drug dealer and prison convict.
>>
>>2135338
If that sheboon mother of the bastard hadn't been screaming the gorilla probably would have been more chill. For some reason they thought yelling and screaming was a good idea
>>
They didn't have to shoot it. The gorilla was obviously not frustrated or angry with the boy in any way. It was only curious and surprised about a new thing in her cage. Something they should've done was clear the area of retards shouting at the gorilla as fast as possible and then try to calmly rescue the boy. The boy didn't possess any danger to the gorilla and it knows that that's why it started to examine to boy instead of attacking/running away.

>but it dragged him around without caution
Yes because that's what they're used to doing. It doesn't mean they want to hurt it. In the video the boy didn't even look like he had any serious injuries.
>>
>>2135196
An intelligent animal is more valuable than a stupid human. We have enough genetic diversity to last us for centuries.

That child will waste his life being a celebrity for falling into a cage with a gorilla on purpose. Something few kids his age are retarded enough to attempt. Not only do we not need him, he is a liability.
>>
Sorry, but anyone who says they should have tried to calm people down or tranq the gorilla lives in a fantasy world. You do not and will not ever know what the gorilla may have done to the kid. It only takes a fucking second to take the kid out. So they had to take an adequately fast response.

Tranqs on a 400+ pound gorilla? How fucking long do you think it will take? Even if we're being generous and saying 30 seconds, that is 29 seconds too long. You also do not know how Harambe, a male gorilla, will react.

And I won't even get into how magically getting everybody to calm the fuck down is just flat out impossible.

As soon as the gorilla clearly demonstrated that touching the kid and dragging him across the moat twice was okay, it opened a lot of other possibilities. The facts are that the zoo had a highly volatile situation that could have ended horribly for them and the kid. Their response was appropriate.

Normally you'd see the dumbass mother have grounds to sue the zoo on account of her dead son. Now what can happen is that she be charged for fucking neglect and have everything taken from her. That is justice.

And if you're just going to say the kid is a worthless niglet compared to a gorilla as rare as Harambe, then fuck off. In no fucking world besides some retarded PotA shit would any reasonable person value the gorilla's life over the kid.
>>
>>2135908
Adding to this: the blood is on the MOTHER's hand, not the zoo's. Even if zoos are fucking retarded forms of entertainment, it does exist, and the mother should be held responsible for endangering the life of her kid and robbing the world from a rare gorilla.
>>
>>2135909
From an agriculture and animal science point of view, the mother would've been able to put the Zoo at fault in a legal battle.
>>
>>2135915
Would've? Or still is able? Regardless I feel like that any court of law that would handle this case if it came to it would be pressured to favor the zoo over the mother, and rightfully so.
>>
>>2135903
Thanks for your expert opinion there Dian Fossey, but you, me, or an actual expert can't predict what a large male silverback gorilla would or wouldn't do in that situation. Especially considering it's in captivity. It was an unpredictable situation and failure to do anything could result in the death of a human being. That is why they shot the """""""""her"""""""".
>>
File: ponyfucker3.jpg (60 KB, 500x460) Image search: [Google]
ponyfucker3.jpg
60 KB, 500x460
>>2135920
Probably also worth mentioning anything animal based tends to be money sinks, including zoos. Animal businesses are some of the quickest to cave into backroom deals vs trying to legally fight anything even if they were completely in the right.

I'm actually glad westerns and fantasy are making a big come back in movies because more people are willing to deal with animals these days.
>>
>>2135751
>The child on the other hand has no social or economic value.
False, the child is proven dumb and could be a wagecuck on a office and a buyer of plebbish consumer goods. It was a social sheep.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.